It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ gov candidate: I practice shooting with my eyes closed in case I’m ‘attacked in the night’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
She's breaking the golden rule of shooting. Always know what you are shooting at before you pull that trigger. These yuppies crack me up sometimes at how damn stupid they are.
edit on 4-8-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje
What are you suppose to do if your attacked in a dark area? Just take it?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

What if its her husband or other family member sneaking up on her to give her some affection?

Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

If you are attacked in a dark area then the person is close enough that you can put your gun next to their body. Most of the time just the sound of someone jacking a round into the chamber is enough to get people to stop.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Unless she has access to a shooting range where the targets move with a footstep like noise, and also a range which is three hundred and sixty degrees of moving targets, rather than a firing line, like most shooting ranges are, then I fail to see how she is practicing that technique without putting everyone at the range in danger.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Look I think in some circles "I" would be considered a gun nut. I have a small armory at my house. Most I inherited but there are still 12 others I bought none of which are on record because I know better. Still the state must know because of my CCW to some extent. Anyway this is just moronic. Comparing this to practicing Kung Fu blindfolded is also moronic. Look at the house I keep my pistol loaded with glacers (think that is how you spell it) they disintegrate in sheet rock so you don't kill neighbors. I am just saying this to show I am not anti-gun...far from it, but what is described is a great example of irresponsible gun ownership.

I just hope no one that is following her career thinks..oh what a great idea. I know some idiot will. That's exactly what we need is a bunch of morons shooting at things in the dark to help gun rights. (end sarcasm)

This is all I have to say.

Except this. If you can't be bothered with buying a flashlight get some F**ing night lights you stupid B!^@#....
edit on 4-8-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

What if its her husband or other family member sneaking up on her to give her some affection?

What if this what if that. Don't you people get tired of these non issues?

I love how the party of tolerance is so intolerant.

You are right, you just can't fix stupid.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

What if this what if that.

Her whole premise is, "What if someone attacks you in the dark"?

Bottom line is gun safety. ALWAYS know what you're shooting. Every responsible gun owner knows that.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
And how freaking dark would it have to be outside for it to be equivalent to having your eyes closed? Our eyes can see in the dark, may take about 30 seconds to a minute to adjust but if you are that worried about getting attacked then you should know how to preserve your sight when entering dark from light. Closing one eye is a simple trick for those wondering what I am getting at.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

You are right, you just can't fix stupid.

Can we not agree that she said something stupid and have a quick laugh at her expense? No matter what your political affiliation is, you have to admit this was pretty stupid.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Totally... I am pro gun as stated before but I feel if I don't speak up against stupidity concerning guns then I will only hurt the cause I stand behind.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

And what if party of "personal responsibility" actually put it into practice instead of making lame excuses for stupidity.
edit on 4-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

www.rawstory.com...

A woman seeking the GOP nomination for governor of Arizona recently explained to a local reporter that she likes to practice shooting with her eyes closed because “… chances are, if somebody attacks you, it’s going to be in the night.”

Christine Jones, the former counsel for domain registration company godaddy.com, has pumped $2 million of her personal fortune into her campaign to succeed Gov. Jan Brewer. She recently met with a FOX10 reporter at a local gun range, which she described as one of her favorite hangouts after work.

After displaying her 9mm hand gun, Jones explained to the reporter her feeling about guns and shooting, saying, ” The Second Amendment gave us the first. It gave you your job.”

After explaining that she is “cutting a lot of checks” to her campaign, Jones demonstrated her shooting prowess , described as her “own way of shooting.”

“I don’t change clothes, I don’t change glasses, um, I often shoot one-handed, I often shoot with my eyes closed,” she said.

Asked why, Jones replied, “Because chances are, if somebody attacks you, it’s going to be in the night.”

More from "you just can't make this **** up department"

The cognitive ability of our prospective politicians leaves something to be desired imo.

I realize that Ms Jones is trying to appeal to the 2nd amd. crowd but come on....shooting with your eyes closed....
I can't imagine even the most staunch gun owner agreeing with her.

No way.. if anything this hurts her chances with the second amendment crowd. No one likes stupid politicians with guns.

I don't really need to comment on her statement. I mean, it actually blew my mind..

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

You do what you have to, but you can't prepare or get better, guns for the most part require sight. Sure you can blast away in the dark at some sound.. but I suggest you just wait until you know who is there or use a flashlight (i have a nifty little one that attaches right under the barrel).

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I Zen shoot. (Don't ask.) But there is something to be said for non-visual feedback. Just saying.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
If she wants to go out and shoot at cacti in the middle of the desert blindfolded who cares?

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Cacti in 3...2...1...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

It's actually illegal to shoot certain species of cactus (Saguaro, I think). Plus, they'll bite you back. There was a case a while ago where a man shot at a large cactus with a shotgun, causing a branch to fall off and flatten him.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

"WTF you shot me! I just went down stairs for a midnight snack psycho" - example of non visual feedback.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadeWolf

Yeah. actually that particular cactus kills more people then you'd expect. At least from what i've heard.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: ~Lucidity

"WTF you shot me! I just went down stairs for a midnight snack psycho" - example of non visual feedback.

Erm...entirely different situation. Non-visual feedback is more of a conditioning thing to give your body reflexes and comfort it would need to fall back on in a stressful situation. Sort of like visualization training a lot of athletes benefit from.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join