It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ gov candidate: I practice shooting with my eyes closed in case I’m ‘attacked in the night’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

A woman seeking the GOP nomination for governor of Arizona recently explained to a local reporter that she likes to practice shooting with her eyes closed because “… chances are, if somebody attacks you, it’s going to be in the night.”

Christine Jones, the former counsel for domain registration company godaddy.com, has pumped $2 million of her personal fortune into her campaign to succeed Gov. Jan Brewer. She recently met with a FOX10 reporter at a local gun range, which she described as one of her favorite hangouts after work.

After displaying her 9mm hand gun, Jones explained to the reporter her feeling about guns and shooting, saying, ” The Second Amendment gave us the first. It gave you your job.”

After explaining that she is “cutting a lot of checks” to her campaign, Jones demonstrated her shooting prowess , described as her “own way of shooting.”

“I don’t change clothes, I don’t change glasses, um, I often shoot one-handed, I often shoot with my eyes closed,” she said.

Asked why, Jones replied, “Because chances are, if somebody attacks you, it’s going to be in the night.”

More from "you just can't make this **** up department"

The cognitive ability of our prospective politicians leaves something to be desired imo.

I realize that Ms Jones is trying to appeal to the 2nd amd. crowd but come on....shooting with your eyes closed....
I can't imagine even the most staunch gun owner agreeing with her.

edit on 4-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Practice shooting with your eyes closed can actually increase your awareness, sharpness & balance, just like practicing 'Kung-Fu' blindfolded.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I suppose the people will elect this woman as governor. That is scarey, I would hate to be married to her. The cat could knock a planter over and she will close her eyes and shoot, hitting everyone else other than the cat. RIP husband and kids home to visit.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Haha that was a good laugh.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

Haha that was a good laugh.

It would be funny if it was satire but that lady was serious.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I almost expect something like this from AZ.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
A person this stupid shouldn't have a weapon in her hands. Does she drive with her eyes closed just in there is a solar eclipse when she is driving as well?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Its still funny to me as I dont live in the states. Fear, guns and money wins political battles in the states.... Never brains. Thats why its funny to me.

link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Practice shooting with your eyes closed can actually increase your awareness, sharpness & balance, just like practicing 'Kung-Fu' blindfolded.

Just use the force Christine.

link   

I'll see your nutjob Christine Jones and raise you Louisiana state Rep. Lenar Whitney.

The most frightening candidate I’ve met in seven years interviewing congressional hopefuls

It is certainly a big tent at the GOP Circus.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Herp-A-Derp.....lol...

You know that is one of the dumber things I have read but not the dumbest.

Oh well let her do whatever floats her boat. At least if she ever shoots her husband in the middle of the night it is on record her stupid reasoning. She will walk.

I guess she has never thought of buying a flashlight. Hell there are even attachments for pistols for mini mag lights but stupid will always be stupid. Chances are she will never need to show off her skills...well we can only hope.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Am I missing something here? Isn't the purpose of shooting at something "to put holes in it"?

Shooting with your eyes closed seems counterintuitive; dosen't it?

Not to mention very dangerous for innocent bystanders if she practiced that in real life.

We can only hope her dumb ass statement follows her thru out her campaign!! Certainly ammunition for her opponent.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist making that corny analogy.
edit on 4-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure I see the problem.... Oh wait I know it's a republican candidate. lol.

Honestly why does it bother you people so much what people do at a shooting range? Is the news that slow today?

If this was a story about a doctor bragging that he can do an abortion blindfolded you progressives would be standing up for them.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Isn't the issue that she's admitting that she practices shooting at things she can't see?

NRA Gun Safety Rules

1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
This is the primary rule of gun safety. A safe direction means that the gun is pointed so that even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.

Know your target and what is beyond.
Be absolutely sure you have identified your target beyond any doubt. Equally important, be aware of the area beyond your target. This means observing your prospective area of fire before you shoot. Never fire in a direction in which there are people or any other potential for mishap. Think first. Shoot second.

Not really a partisan issue? Just a woman who is too stupid to wield a firearm safely. But hey, "abortion" so whatever right?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Lol, thanks I needed that.

Looks like an entitlement minded progressive sitting at home waiting for his gubamint cheese.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The problem is some one is admitting they shoot with their eyes closed. Something no gun owner would or should ever preach.
This had nothing to do with politics until you brought them into it

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Why am I supposed to be upset by this? If she wants to go out and shoot at cacti in the middle of the desert blindfolded who cares? Some people invent stuff to be upset about or ridicule. This would be one of those times.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

And what? Just lay there and submit to your attacker.

I see no problem practicing these things as it's a good way to prepare yourself for any situation.

Muscle memory is a good thing.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-8-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It is in the political forum, right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join