It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Agriculture cracks down on seed libraries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Heirloom seeds are getting more expensive while the gmo are showing up at the dollar store. I refuse to believe this is a mistake. Feeding your family food that won't require big pharma down the line is getting to be almost impossible.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8
More over reach and non sense laws. what a bunch of b.s. You guys know the saying .Those who controls the food supply controls the people.

I believe that is the ultimate intention.

It is a race to see what Multi National Corporations from what country can control the food supply and the US Government is on board in making sure Monsanto is in the lead through whatever devious means is necessary.

Monsanto do not want you to have Freedom of Choice as we have seen again and again.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001
I agree it is about Monsantos control to make us all eat gmo. I started growing my own food about 2 years ago and yes kind of hard to find Heirloom seeds and are way more. Also started raising my own chickens and man let tell you you can taste and see the difference in my fresh eggs compared to store. All about money and control like everything..Why they made terminator seeds so you have to keep going back to buy more it really is a bizarre world we live in..

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Fully agree 100 percent. I was never good at asking anyway..

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
In Michigan, they have laws about selling seeds, like germination tests and a viability shelf life limit. Veggie seeds are a little stricter than wildflower seeds, but certainly not out of reach for a start up business. Interstate would be different, but our state laws aren't a big deal and either of those laws only apply to sales anyway.

Save seeds and trade with neighbors, friends or with a club.
I suspect that many Co-ops still have plenty of farm crop varieties that aren't GMO seeds for sale.
Try buying plants from a local greenhouse, talk to the owners about seed sources.
Not to mention there are tons of heirloom seeds available online today, far more than ten years ago.

Just follow the rules only where they apply, don't get the government involved unless it is necessary and most importantly, never ask for the government's permission before hand.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
its time people woke up and wherever possible grow their own....heirloom seeds when grown will seed at the end of the season so learn how to harvest those seeds and re-use....no need for repeat purchase...unlike the GMO counterpart.....i think it should be mandatory for people to learn permaculture ...you can set a garden up so there is little work once established,leave a few of each plant to re-seed and they will germinate when they are ready....

the only way to stick it to these company's like monsanto is to grow your own and stop buying from them...the power is in the people hands they just need to take it

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I live in PA not far from this county. It is really disgusting what is happening. When we cannot even have seed to grow food, you know the clamp is being tightened. Is tarted my first garden this year. Small, but it's a start. Time to buy some heirloom seeds and start a seed farm! When are people going to wake up and reclaim our country? When? When you are tattooed with a number? When the only food you have is what Monsanto dictates you can eat?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join