It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Secret Drug Saved Ebola Doctor's lives

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I considered putting this in the conspiracy section, but since it's actually confirmed I guess this belongs in Science and Technology. This actually disgusts me. My thoughts after the break.

www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- Three top secret, experimental vials stored at subzero temperatures were flown into Liberia last week in a last-ditch effort to save two American missionary workers who had contracted Ebola, according to a source familiar with details of the treatment. On July 22, Dr. Kent Brantly woke up feeling feverish. Fearing the worst, Brantly immediately isolated himself. Nancy Writebol's symptoms started three days later. A rapid field blood test confirmed the infection in both of them after they had become ill with fever, vomiting and diarrhea. It's believed both Brantly and Writebol, who worked with the aid organization Samaritan's Purse, contracted Ebola from another health care worker at their hospital in Liberia, although the official Centers for Disease Control and Prevention case investigation has yet to be released. A representative from the National Institutes of Health contacted Samaritan's Purse in Liberia and offered the experimental treatment, known as ZMapp, for the two patients, according to the source. The drug was developed by the biotech firm Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc. The patients were told that this treatment had never been tried before in a human being but had shown promise in small experiments with monkeys.

Why is any cure to ANY disease classified top secret? That information belongs to the world. You mean we've been sitting on a cure for how G-d damn long, with Africans dying by the hundreds, yet when two (2) Americans get it we trot this thing out? Ridiculous. I don't care if it is experimental. If someone is lying there bleeding out you try anything to save their lives.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Vdogg

It now begs the question - if this was done last week, why did they fly that Dr. back here to the states for treatment? Something smells in all of this.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Apparently African citizens are expendable, if you don't think so, then look back at the multiple genocides that have occurred there in the last 20 years that have basically been ignored by the western world. Another good example are the teenage girls that were kidnapped, nobody is talking about them anymore. African third world puppet governments are not doing these people any favors either.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Beware, it could just speculation, I am sure that is been extensive secret testing on infectious diseases, perhaps waiting for the right infected subjects to test possible cures or vaccine is very feasible, sadly while, wishful thinking comes to mind, we most remember that experimental drugs are that just experimental, more often than not the side effects is what the danger actually resides.

I can only see all this now coming into the light as propaganda for a full blow global vaccination coming in the future.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
This is so true. We're being told what TBTB is telling media bigmouths.
A vaccine does seem inevitable...unless the cure is worse than the disease.
Suddenly I am recalling a film ...I Am Legend.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I can only see all this now coming into the light as propaganda for a full blow global vaccination coming in the future.

Exactly....

Time to buy some stock in Teva, Sandoz or Mylan or at least get some drug company stock in your mutual fund.

Or perhaps stock in companies that provide funerals.
edit on 4-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

and if the test subjects die??? what will that stock be worth,,,??

21 Days.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Here comes the global pandemic that the elitists have been working towards.
This whole thing falls in line with their end game and when you see something
pumped and hyped on the MSM like the Ebola virus you know something is up.
Sure they have a cure for it, but only for the elite. They are now making sure it is effective,
by bringing back the American doctor and treating him with this secret cure. Once they confirm it works,
things will move forward very quickly. Quarantines, endless fear mongering on the MSM, then civil disorder
then martial law. Then the people who created this will come along and play the saviors.
The plan is already in motion to spread this virus beyond Africa. Patients are being
moved to cities all over Europe and now into North America.Get ready people, with all the hype for a planned new world war mixed in with a global pandemic, the globalists are laying their foundation for their glorious future with a smaller global population of slaves that can be tracked much easier and unlimited resources and wealth for their
continued rule.
The herd is about to be thinned.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

and if the test subjects die??? what will that stock be worth,,,??

Less than a bucket of Ebola laced blood…

The article is clear his condition is improving, read that not cured.

In a link within the OP link:

Sierra Leone, where government officials have asked citizens to stay away from work, the military has deployed at least 750 infantry and military medical officials to 13 locations, military spokesman Col. Michael Samoura said Sunday.

The problem with deploying the military (too late) is they may abandon their posts if they start to contract the virus themselves.

.Health officials are screening incoming and outgoing passengers at the country's main international airport with a device that takes people's temperature from their eyes at a distance.
Anyone showing signs of fever is taken away to have their blood tested for Ebola.

Good idea.

CNN

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mark1167

endless fear mongering on the MSM

And your post Isn't filled with fear mongering now, is it?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The cure is classified because the bug is classified?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

It's not a cure and it's not classified nor is it top secret..

www.mappbio.com...

www.eurekalert.org...

stm.sciencemag.org...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I guess there is a sales pitch going on here. I wonder how much that drug is going to set people back if they need it?

Nobody in Africa could probably afford this drug. I suppose they will use donation money to help these people and the donation money will dwindle because of the high price medicine. Why can't the company reduce the price considerably instead of taking everyone's donations to treat a few people. But that is business, maybe our government will say that they can charge us more here in the US so they can sell it to them a little cheaper. That is already happening.
edit on 4-8-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I guess there is a sales pitch going on here. I wonder how much that drug is going to set people back if they need it?

It's not a drug. It is an experimental serum derived from the infected that survived.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

with a device that takes people's temperature from their eyes at a distance.

its about time,,,

"their eyes at a distance" bahhh more western quakery i tells ya,,,

yeah. next thing the witch drs will be saying ,,close your eyes,, , dont open your eyes,, and run,,

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Does that means is antibodies? sound like a vaccine.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

who,,,, if i remember was a teenage boy who SURVIVED.

so is the teenage boy still alive,, and if he is,, why is he not , being looked after in a "kingly"* ,way.?

*kingly meaning safe.
edit on 8/4/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Does that means is antibodies? sound like a vaccine.

No, a vaccine is a method used to expose a person to the antigens found on a virus by using either a weak version of the disease (cow pox and small pox for example) or parts of the dead virus shell with said antigens intact to stimulate your immune system to produce it's own antibodies against the virus so that you are immune before you come n contact with the virus.

A serum contains the antibodies that someone else produced that stopped the virus that is then given to you to stop the virus you already are infected with. You are not creating your own immunity (although if you survive, you are likely to start producing your own antibodies), you are borrowing someone else's immunity.

Antigens and antibodies explained:
www.microbiologyonline.org.uk... /about-microbiology/microbes-and-the-human-body/antibody-antigen-complex

Antigens are proteins that are found on the surface of the pathogen. Antigens are unique to that pathogen. The whooping cough bacterium, for example, will have different antigens on its surface from the TB bacterium.

When an antigen enters the body, the immune system produces antibodies against it. Antibodies are always Y-shaped. It is like a battle with the army (antibody) fighting off the invader (antigen).

edit on 4-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

who,,,, if i remember was a teenage boy who SURVIVED.

so is the teenage boy still alive,, and if he is,, why is he not , being looked after in a "kingly"* ,way.?

*kingly meaning safe.

I dunno. He should be.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

So proprietary may be a better word than what CNN used. The issue remains the same however. We have an experimental treatment that shows promise that it appears that the NIH, in concert with Mapp bio pharmaceutical, withheld until the time that 2 Americans were infected. This wasn't even offered as a possibility a little more than a week ago. Everyone was saying there is no cure/vaccine/etc. One question though, If this is not a cure then what do we call it if these two doctors make a full recovery?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join