It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New song i wrote....

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hi all, just thought i'd share a song i wrote, inspired by a few things, personal experience and also hearing so many youngsters saying how they want to go to war after playing video games. One particular time i remember was a young soldier in N. Ireland saying that he couldn't wait for his first shooting.

Anyway, some will understand the song, some maybe no so much. Apologies for the bad singing, bad recording and lack of guitar skills, i made do with what i haven't got.

CX.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CX
I get 'Error' when clicking the video. Might be my browser. Thought I'd mention it. Syx.

CX

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Thanks for letting me know.....too late to edit it now, see if this works...

CX.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
soon as i pressed play, and heard the guitar, felt compelled to mute the TV sand listen more intently ...
enjoy the guitar, and the feel of the song ...

don't agree, that TV & computer games are responsible for so much of the violent urges , to the degree that they are blamed for ... pretty certain something else is going on there, and as long as we wrongly blame the majority of societies sick urges on these platforms, it will not be fixed ...

not saying tv and video games do not contribute to heightening these tendencies in certain people .. or even instilling them in some others ... but when over 99.9% of people who watch these same movies and play these same games, have no increased urges to mame, kill etc in the real world .. AT ALL ... then that suggests to me, that the overwhelmingly tiny ratio of people who do have these tendencies, likely already have some other underlying issue anyway, that is waiting to be triggered ...

history has recounted many people with violent urges to mutilate or kill ... well long before computer games and TV .. it does make one wonder

i enjoy many of these games and movies ... i am not even in the slightest., interested in killing my brotehrs and sisters ... pretty sure that goes for the vast majority of people ... so something else is happening ... no point in pointing the finger solely at computer games ...

also .. how many of these people, are perhaps taking some medication that the side effects that have been slowly building over time, have been over looked ... apparently, quite a lot according to some documentaries ... or other factors about their bodies chemistry or genetic make up, that makes them want to kill .... all of these things come in to play in the bigger picture, and loads we don't even under stand about ourselves yet ... we cant just blame games ... but we can probably assign some blame ..

wish there werent so many shooting games tho ... it does seem to say something about people .. as opposed to games making us a certain way .. id say, there are soo many shooting games out, cos we ALREADY ARE a certain way ...

thats for another thread tho ... i know this is about your song ...

nice song .. really enjoyed the feel .. thanks man
edit on 9-8-2014 by Segenam because: ... I love to edit ....

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CX

I love the guitar, and the message, and your voice is pretty good too.
I think with a little processing to take the edge off of your voice,
(it sounds to sharp, I'm sure to due to mic)
that you have an excellent song that is very valid in today's world.

I've been a gamer since the days of space invaders and pinball machines, and I have watched how children react to violent video games and it desensitizes some of them, not all of them, to war and killing.
I find that disturbing.

As an example, I never heard my daughter ever mutter a violent thing until she was watching one of my sons (he was 20, she was 8) play grand theft auto 4. She started cheering and telling him who to kill and cheering on peoples deaths in the game.
I made him turn it off and we never played it around her again.

edit on 9-8-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join