It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy: ‘The Lord told me’ to fight a ‘civil war’ with federal agents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Anti-government rancher Cliven Bundy explained to members of the Independent American Party (IAP) over the weekend how God had guided him into a showdown with armed federal agents in Nevada earlier this year.

Bundy, who quit the Republican Party to join the IAP, told members at a summit in St. George that militias and other people had come to support him during his standoff with Bureau of Land Management agents because they had been “spiritually touched” by God, according to The Spectrum.

“Let me tell you about the standoff,” he recalled. “That’s where, we the people, faced the guns of the United States bureaucracy… You know on the morning of that standoff, I only sort of received a couple of things from our Heavenly Father.”

Bundy said that God had told him that he was supposed to ask a local sheriff to disarm the federal agents.

It's good to see Mr Bundy back in the news. Needless to say, anyone that God speaks to on a personal basis needs to be heard.
I see a future politician in the making with Mr Bundy. We need more diversity in the political areana.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Needless to say, anyone that God speaks to on a personal basis needs to be heard.

I don't know if this is sarcasm or not. I hope so.

Mr. Bundy needs to obey the law - just like the rest of us do. Pay your bills, Bundy!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Different strokes for different folks? David Berkowitz followed orders from his dog, thinking the word was equally accurate spelled backward. It really does take all sorts.

Of all the defenses to picking a fight though? God told him to do it? If he is looking to avoid a delayed arrest from all that like they have threatened? This isn't the best way to see that happen. He comes off like a lunatic by saying things like this.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I am gonna try that one with my electricity company next month, "I am not paying my bill, God told me not to". Wonder how I will get on

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Needless to say, anyone that God speaks to on a personal basis needs to be heard.

I don't know if this is sarcasm or not. I hope so.

Mr. Bundy needs to obey the law - just like the rest of us do. Pay your bills, Bundy!

There is no sarcasm sticky or I would have used one.......does this work

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's good to see Mr Bundy back in the news.

It's really not.

The guy is a jackass and essentially stole from taxpayers. I get that ATS is anti authority and whatnot, but come on.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
God told me to tell him to get out of the cattle business and to start selling shoes.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Or be given a psychiatric treatment...

Whatever comes first.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

There is no sarcasm sticky or I would have used one.......does this work

I usually type "/end sarcasm" or something like that.

God told Bush to invade Iraq, too, didn't he? We see how well that worked. I wonder what God's purpose is here....

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
No no no....Mr. Bundy I've fully supported your cause. Look I love our Gods but you can't come out and say this. You've just lost all of your hard fought credibility.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
No no no....Mr. Bundy I've fully supported your cause. Look I love our Gods but you can't come out and say this. You've just lost all of your hard fought credibility.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Although I thought Bundy got a raw deal and the feds were jerks about it and the land was being restricted to make up for BLM land that Harry Reid approved for his son to broker a development on and I agreed with his stance, this god stuff loses it for me, assuming he meant it literally.

More likely Adam Smith told him to resist the feds.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Aren't this dude's 15 minutes over?

Are we seriously going to rehash this again>

top topics

join