It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret serum likely saved Ebola patients

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I have been just kidding around before, but damn....this is pretty weird. No employees? There is obviously something fishy going on here. At the very least some kind of tax dodge, at the most... well heck, I cannot fathom all the possibilities.

In the past, the only companies I have "experienced" that had no employees were either extremely small privately owned companies, or tax dodges.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

As I said, it will be seen as pharmaceutical companies using the African continent as their own human testing grounds. Dont get me wrong, I agree with what you are saying.. I just see a different reception in the public realm.

The number of disease that afflict millions worldwide are constantly blamed on the pharmaceutical companies.

I was watching some of the updates on the news about this story. Apparently the Doctor who arrived last was given the drug. Within 24 hours the guy was able to move and shower. Hopefully this drug is real and proves effective and I hope we are not seeing some type of false positive with it.

Apparently the drug stabilized the doctor enough for the transfer to the US.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Oh, I agree...we already have the conspiracy theories popping up here. All the tinfoil hatters are working overtime on this one.

I just think it's a wonder I haven't seen "false flag" associated with the outbreak.... yet.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Locals in Sierra Leone believe conspiracy...

** There are 2 titles to this thread - 1 from drudge, used above, and the other from the website.

Deep fear among patients and their families saw some trying to escape hospital, he said.

'Ebola is a new disease in Sierra Leone and when the first cases emerged, many people thought it might be a government conspiracy to undermine certain tribal groups, steal organs or get money from international donors.

'This links to widely held scepticism about Western medicine and traditional beliefs and practices.

'Relatives don't get to see what happens to patients when they are isolated, so some expressed fears that they were being taken away to be killed by doctors.

click link for article.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Yeah, but an uneducated people are likely to believe almost anything.

'This links to widely held scepticism about Western medicine and traditional beliefs and practices.
'Relatives don't get to see what happens to patients when they are isolated, so some expressed fears that they were being taken away to be killed by doctors.
'They don't get to see the good facilities and great care that patients I see every day receive.
'That meant some patients resisted being isolated and would try to run away or be carried off by family members.
'This is a constant challenge even now, and presents real ethical dilemmas about whether we can or should restrain patients - and logistical ones about how it's even possible to safely restrain an infectious patient without putting yourself at risk.''

Backward people have always been skeptical about immunizations and such. I am sure we are all familiar with the reaction to cameras and photos taken of isolated peoples. No souls stolen, but lots of suspicion.

To take that article as confirmation or indication of any kind of conspiracy is a bit ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Back to the "working out of the garage" success story?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

The employee-less company is something worth researching. That is the smoke, aye. Now we just need to find the fire. I will contribute some research towards this later when I have a bit more time.

Good catch that... even though it did pop my humor balloon.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

They have funding from the DoD - looks like the usual grab for Intellectual Property Rights. Kudos to them for grabbing 'good products.'

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

To take that article as confirmation or indication of any kind of conspiracy is a bit ludicrous.

The point was to highlight my previous comments that regardless of how good the intent by the companies are, you are going to have people who will target the company and accuse them of anything and everything under the sun.
edit on 6-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This may or may not be a conspiracy, but, yeah, its definitely a conspiracy. They overplay the threat and danger of Ebola and then make headlines bringing infected health care workers back home to the US. They( the media) also play up potentially infected persons bringing Ebola to the US which they described as potentially catastrophic.
Okay. Then we find out that a GMO from tobacco is some kind of miracle cure.
I'm not saying Ebola was cooked up to be a lucrative disease and GMO tobacco was developed to stop it. What I'm saying is the media is playing it up to make Ebola far more of a threat than it really is, thus creating a perceived need for more GMO research and applications. What's odd is that for every person on the right complaining about the need to close the borders, there's a person on the left who says we need to spend more money immunizing people in other countries to protect us here. Something sure stinks. Honestly I was tipped off by this by some very sharp posters who were on to it early and then blown away when Rush Limbaugh of all people talked about it a few days later.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
This may or may not be a conspiracy, but, yeah, its definitely a conspiracy. They overplay the threat and danger of Ebola and then make headlines bringing infected health care workers back home to the US. They( the media) also play up potentially infected persons bringing Ebola to the US which they described as potentially catastrophic.

Ebola can have a mortality rate as high as 90% This outbreak is spreading fast.

I think there is cause for concern.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

There is, or should be a high level of concern. It's not like we haven't been aware of how lethal this disease is. There have been warnings in the past concerning what would happen should the disease evolve to become more easily transmitted.

And no...it does not necessarily mean there is some kind of conspiracy involved...it's what diseases do. They evolve...they have very short lifespans and hence will evolve more rapidly than we do.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
secret med unlikely saved doctor and nurse, antibodies donated from survivor did.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
What are the odds we would have a serum to test at the exact same time this starts happening? Also why did they wait until Americans had the disease? Also what is the story with the weapons lab at the exact same place this all started?

These simple questions are enough to make the hairs on my neck stand up. Something about this whole thing is very wrong. The what if's this time around are enough to make you lose sleep.
edit on 9-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Its not the exact same time. Studies go on for a long time before approved for human use. Its not a cure its an experimental cure being used because of seriousness of situations.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
donated antibodies from survivors could be easily replaced by available camel milk containing generic antibodies for all viruses

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

What are the odds? Given that they have been studying Ebola for years...and years.

Given that the serum is merely experimental and nothing is known about it's effectiveness or side effects...

I would say the odds are pretty good that they would have something to "try" given the dire circumstances.

The circumstances are dire enough that they would try anything that might have a chance work given the 90% fatality rate. Does not mean it's a conspiracy. I cannot believe how often conspiracies are implied... If the conspiracy rates implied on ATS were correct then my taking a dump would be indicative of a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A true democracy is where the mass opinion counts and everyone does get to input their opinions. For people who have higher education such as myself, I can not imagine why you would want to give up your democratic freedoms. My relatives fought very hard for these during the last 300 years. Freedom to work together is what the USA should be about 100%. We all live here and responsibly should choose to get along and decide together. Bringing an illness in here deliberately is just plain stupid.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Am afraid the "secret serum" effects are more 50 -50 as far as results. The Spanish priest who got Ebola was given the serum and also an African Doctor - both died.

African Doctor given ZMapp dies

An African doctor who received the experimental anti-Ebola drug ZMapp has died …The news casts a shadow over last week’s announcement that the two Americans who have been treated with the drug on US soil were released from the hospital last week.

Ebola Virus: Infected Priest has died in Spain Spain's Ministry of Health Services announced that it had approved, on an exceptional basis, an import permit for ZMapp, an experimental Ebola drug that has also been given to two infected Americans.

Spanish Priest Given Experimental serum dies from Ebola

When you look at the bigger picture - with 4 given the Zmapp serum/drug then the 50% success rate is more in line with the survival rate of Ebola. Have read 55% and also 90%. While conventional medicine has no "cure" good hospital care - keeping them well hydrated with fluids, possibly something to stop bleeding may be what really saved them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join