It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Secret serum likely saved Ebola patients

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:50 AM
a reply to: Xcathdra

I don't know about it being an outbreak here, or even if it ever will and is not being used a fear tactics to get some vaccine, which we won't take by the way. NADA on that. But preparing for some kind of defense against demons, I really don't like the demons running and big dung piles on everyones happiness, freedom, land of their own without taxes that can never be taken away even if the person goes to jail, its always there, and aquaponics, food for all, energy for all. They have no rights over anyone. And their religious war games, I want them all in holes chained to the wall like Spook in the Wizard of Id, awaiting their cosmic counseling for their extremely ugly disease of pyschopathy.

We really don't know what they're up to.

But this little country is being targetted. A country I never heard of, looks like Mexico, ocean front, beautiful, should have farms for all, but no, its one of the poorest in the world, yet these people who were forced into revolution just a short while ago, with child soldiers, still shines smiles out. I ordered a book of memoirs from amazon on this country yesterday, because I want to read up and hold candles to all these people who should be free, and have their own land and food.

What is it that they have that TPTB want so bad, eh? That they target them with ebola so that the hospitals are overburdened and they are left die in the streets?

Liberia. A beautiful, lush little country that reminded me of Mexico and should provide well for all the people in equality. But doesnt.

Why is the US, the owner of ebola patent, targetting these countries?

I ordered this book:Sweet Liberia: Lessons from the Coal Pot

Why can't we live in peace. Just seeing what they're doing, anyone with love would want to go there and join up with them and help if they could. Go to the front lines and roll up sleeves and demand this stop, LOVE LAND FOOD FOR ALL.

End all religions and wars and put all the PTB in jail, all 13 family heads need jail.

edit on 4-8-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:52 AM
a reply to: daaskapital
Its not exactly that secret. If it what I think was there are some scientific papers floating around about it. They have been working on it since 2001 I believe.

I could be wrong and it could be something else Im thinking off.
edit on 4-8-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:11 AM
a reply to: Unity_99

An attack on a country is not announced by some state department public affairs flunky.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:51 AM

Interesting. Previous reports said Brantly's serum was taken from a young patient who had recovered - and only Whitebol got the one vial that was shipped. Now they're saying there were 3 vials - and it's all about a wonder drug?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:18 PM
a reply to: soficrow

They were given different treatments.

I guess it's secret... if using blood from people who survived Ebola just like they have done for decades is secret.

It's just a little hard to come by in Africa, the person has to have survived Ebola and be have blood clean of other pathogens, and agree to have their blood taken (something an ebola survivor is probably hella suspicious of).

The other patient was given another decades old "secret" using sera from infected people recovering in hopes their are active antibodies.

They did this 19 years ago.

(I posted this in the other thread, but i might as well repost word for word since the threads are near identical.)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:36 PM

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Could you imagine the media coverage where a US bio company goes to the African Continent to seek out people with Ebola to run experiments?

i can hear the conspiracy rumors now.. US bio company infects people with deadly virus in order to test vaccines.

I think that is approaching the problem backwards-- if they had enough manufactured, why not offer it to people who are already infected that will likely die without it? Wouldn't most be willing to try it if they had no other options? I see your point, but hopefully even conspiracy theorists would see the logic.
In any case, I doubt there is enough made and it probably takes some time to create a batch. More time than these people have..

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:37 PM
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Yes, I know. I'm just very suspicious of any 'campaign' that gives Big Pharma credit for "coming to the rescue" - and touts a brand new miracle cure.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:58 PM
Trust Unity_99 to jump to conclusions not borne out by the facts.

The video she embedded is NOT proof of any sort that the US admits to an Ebola attack or that the Ebola outbreak was some sort of attack by anyone. One pr flunky from the State Department uses the word "attack" at one point instead of the word "outbreak". Big deal.

The claim that an Ebola cure was invented in 2010 by Boston University researchers is an overstatement of what was written in both the blog she linked to and the Lancet article. The researchers had, at the time of publishing, tested the treatment on two test groups of macaques (a species of monkey) and found it to have been effective on two of three in the first group and on four of four of the seconded group that received a modified regimen.

Curing macaques is NOT curing human beings. As they stated in the article, the results showed "the POTENTIAL of RNA interference as an effective postexposure treatment strategy for people infected with Ebola virus".

She also makes the claim that the "US government owns patent for ebola". What proof does she have for this statement?

Contrary to the claims of CNN, the work by Mapp Biopharmaceuticals was NOT top secret. They have been publishing articles on their research into a treatment for Ebola for a number of years ( It just hasn't appeared in the MSM until now.

Here is an article that provides some background on the treatment: io-high-tech-treatment-for-ebola-may-have-saved-two-us-citizens/

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:12 PM
a reply to: erwalker
Oh boy...the tin foil hats are going to hate you!

What? There is no conspiracy? That's a first in the history of the world. Something happened that was not a conspiracy....imagine that!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:13 PM

Yeah, because we all know it's some guy in a garage that always comes up with cures for diseases.....

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:16 PM
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Now the story has changed.

First, for days, he was a hero doc who gave up the only dose of the serum to the woman who was infected. That was when they need to convince.

And not the story is they both got it and he rapidly and miraculously improved. Now the story changes. And begins to make more sense.

The media is really beginning to piss me off (again).
edit on 8/4/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:24 PM
a reply to: ~Lucidity
Maybe the initial report was misunderstood by the eager-beaver journalists. A darker scenario would be a Wag the Dog--wagged the wrong way.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:28 PM
a reply to: drwill
Oh...all the maybes. Yes...eager beavers or deliverers of false propaganda to gain sympathy or spread fear.

They don't fact check anymore and that leads to confusion and we don't need confusion. It's despicable.

Questions about this new Ebola drug

He told her she should have the first dose as they waited for it to thaw. That splains it. Maybe.
edit on 8/4/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:20 PM
a reply to: bbracken677

Certainly not!

It's the milkmaids.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:56 PM

Noooo.... I have this mental image of a guy wearing a white lab coat, plastic goggles and large heavy rubber gloves... and lots of beakers!!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:54 PM

Uh huh. ...Did you see this?

Experimental Ebola drug based on research discoveries from Canada’s national lab

The experimental Ebola drug given to two American aid workers is based on years of research done at Canada’s National Microbiology Laboratory in Winnipeg. ...

...Sources have told The Canadian Press that two of the three monoclonal antibodies in the drug were designed at the Winnipeg laboratory.

The work was done under the leadership of Dr. Gary Kobinger who heads the special pathogens research program at the national lab.

...The third monoclonal antibody in the product was developed by a U.S. government laboratory.

Rights to the Canadian-designed monoclonal antibodies have been acquired by a U.S. company called Leaf Biopharmaceutical of San Diego, California.

The company is partnered with Mapp Biopharmaceutical, also of San Diego, which makes the experimental therapy, called ZMapp.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:57 AM

But..but...but... that's not a garage!! Seriously, I don't even think they have a garage!

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:06 AM
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have to ask. Why is this being referred to as a 'secret serum' in the media'?? What is so 'secret' about it and why the clandestine terminology? It's a serum that is being tested, so why not refer to it as a test serum or use other medical language. Why the loaded 'secret serum' language? I get that big pharma holds it's testing products close and doesn't talk about them until they are ready, but this 'secret serum' language just tickles my brain as loaded language. I know it's a little thing, but it caught my attention.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:31 AM

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have to ask. Why is this being referred to as a 'secret serum' in the media'?? .

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Everybody always wants to be in on "The Secret". When you use the word Secret it sells, that's what will help sell this Vaccine.
Secret Herbs and Spices, Secret Sauce, Top Model Beauty Secrets, Secret Confessions of a Lonely Housewife....Oops I've gone too far, but you see what I mean.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:01 AM

The conspiracy deepens: ABC exposes international roots!

Meet the Tiny Company Behind the Experimental Antibodies for Ebola

...leading the effort is a small nine-employee firm in San Diego.
Mapp's commercialization arm is LeafBio Inc., which has no employees and just two owners, Mapp President Larry Zeitlin tells ABC News.

Mapp, along with LeafBio and Defyrus Inc. in Toronto, Canada, collaborated to create the trademarked ZMapp.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>