It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border patrol agent makes sad but truthful comment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Got linked to this you-tube video about a truck driving rolling through a border patrol checkpoint. The agent asks the driver, "US citizen?"

The truck driver responds, "Yeah, does it matter?"

The agent shakes his head wryly and says, "Not any more."

Pretty sad when even border patrol agents know and say that citizenship no longer matters. He looked like a pretty jaded guy.
edit on 4-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

That BP agent will probably be canned if his superiors see this.

They'll use the detrimental to morale in the workplace argument or some such line.

But then again, maybe he has become so jaded working day after day at that crossing, a reassignment would be good for him and the agency. He probably needs a change of pace.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The US Border Patrol used to be a premier agency in the world for what they were tasked to do.

Now they are diaper changers and wet nurses when their own Government isn't trying to sting them for a take down or bust them out on budgets or some such thing.

That must be one of the most thankless jobs in the nation right now. Why even show up for work?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

Yeah. I know that you can't extrapolate too much from a single comment, but to me the guy looked jaded and frustrated.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
He looked jaded and frustrated because the job he had been trained to do and probably took pride in is 100% different than what he is being TOLD to do now.

The above poster was probably correct in his assumption that the agent will be either canned or reassigned. He told the truth and now he will no doubt suffer for it.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Yeah. I know that you can't extrapolate too much from a single comment, but to me the guy looked jaded and frustrated.

I'd be jaded too. Current policies have made the guy irrelevant ... just another class of welfare recipient ... depending on perspective.

Gonna be scary when they get their authoritae back.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

YUUUUUUP , but I bet you can find some enlisted Military men just as jaded and frustrated overseas.

edit on 13831America/ChicagoMon, 04 Aug 2014 08:13:56 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You're right about that. We are currently watching a nation so overwhelmed by its own sudden people power and youth, they fail to even consider that this has all happened before, and before that and before that. Nothing is really a new idea in the world, and this whole thing is shocking for the modern man because modern man has been trained from early school to view other systems with the passing of time but their own system as the rock of granite all others are judged by.

The extremes of politics swing far left and they swing far right. The nation survived Madison, Jackson, Lincoln, Wilson and Nixon. It will survive this too. The nation has a well established historical pattern though. It will run off to a far side for awhile, but over-compensate when it has a correction.

Clinton brought Bush in a nation sick of scandal. Bush brought the best hope a war weary nation saw for change. What Obama leads to is what scares me, and god help us all if it's an extreme right wing leader. The left hasn't much further left it can go. A radical leader from the right has the whole trip BACK to center before even starting back up their own version of the wrong path.

Dark days are coming, I fear.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

when you mean extreme right wing leader you mean an American Hitler *Shudders* I can see him exploiting the current border crisis if he were to come to power.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I don't think in terms of Hitler. He was a one-off psychopath in a unique set of circumstances. Everything from the Weimar economy to the leader he replaced with the quirky nature of 1930's German law on their leader's limits or lack of them when he took a title which didn't fit to the laws. He also needed his band of cronies as bad or worse than he ever was.

What I think America faces more of a threat from is the Religious Reich, as I've heard it called. That has nothing to do with people if Faith or Religion as it exists as a part of people's lives anymore than Christian Identity had anything in common with a main stream Christian or Church.

There are people who believe we are in or near the end times though, and measures need to be taken opposite from Obama but no less reckless and extreme in that other direction to prepare.

Here is to hoping for what we won't get. A moderate leader with intelligence in their own right and the ambition to make use of it.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Orrrr this whole video is staged B.S.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy

Orrrr this whole video is staged B.S.

I would give your avatar more BS credence than this video.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: solarstorm

Whoa, sure showed me, I'll shut up now with your enlightening new insight to this story , please proceed

top topics

join