Can anyone help please alkaline alternative to acidic sodas?

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
First off id like to apologise for being such a pest lately and asking for so much help but I trust you guys and alot of you are truly great minds and have personal experience, enyway here goes my girlfriend of 4 years now constantly only drinks diet soda drinks all day every day wich are full of them horrible acidic sweeteners, and caffeine. So I was wondering if enyone could suggest a healthy alternative possibly alkaline drink wich is low sugar as she is on diet, shes lost loads but now stuck with stubborn tummy fat like me, tho I think myn was from too much alcohol, thank you for your time.

B Dawg.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BoovDawg

Tell her it isn't fair to make you watch her slowly die from drinking all that crap.

If she dismisses your sentiment out of hand, you may want to double think things with her.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

You can try Zevia.

It's a bit pricier than regular soda, and you can usually only find it in health food stores like Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.

I have personally recommended this to 3 different people who have kicked soda completely. It takes some getting used to the flavor, and there is usually only one or two that most people like.

The ones that I know were the most favored were the Cola and the Dr. Zevia and the Root Beer. The Cream Soda isn't too bad either. The rest are hit and miss depending on your tastes, but I tried the ones mentioned previously and they were pretty good to me.

Good luck!

~Namaste

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Thank you il research that now I should add iam in UK we have a holland and barret?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Thank you il research that now I should add iam in UK we have a holland and barret?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Tell her it isn't fair to make you watch her slowly die from drinking all that crap.

If she dismisses your sentiment out of hand, you may want to double think things with her.

LOL thanks

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

BRB gotta take pooch out

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't like carbonated beverages. I do like arizona green tea and some of their other products. Walmart sells twelve packs of 12 oz cans at a reasonable price. I drink a can of that once in a while.

What is wrong with coffee, I drink that in the morning and in the evening. It is cheap and you can add a little cream and sugar to keep the bitterness of the alkaloids from getting overpowering. I make it about two thirds the strength of the instructions because if you make it strong, the fluoride in it can mess up the valve at the top of the stomach. Tea is worse for the fluoride effect on the valve, one small cup of that is max for me.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't like carbonated beverages. I do like arizona green tea and some of their other products. Walmart sells twelve packs of 12 oz cans at a reasonable price. I drink a can of that once in a while.

What is wrong with coffee, I drink that in the morning and in the evening. It is cheap and you can add a little cream and sugar to keep the bitterness of the alkaloids from getting overpowering. I make it about two thirds the strength of the instructions because if you make it strong, the fluoride in it can mess up the valve at the top of the stomach. Tea is worse for the fluoride effect on the valve, one small cup of that is max for me.

she does not like anything like coffe or tea, she doesn't like water at all this is my problem the only other thing she drinks very rarely is hot chocolate and milk shake...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Softdrink has roughly 10grams of sugar per 100ml and is terrible for you, obviously. Sugar free drinks are probably poisonous to the human body. I like carbonated drinks so i have soda water and add some fresh juice - apple, lime, lemon, pineapple etc and maybe a dash of bitters. Its delicious. Be creative , but use natural products. Add some adaptogen herbs if you want a "hit". Even a little bit of sugary cordial is fine (like 3grams per 100 ml if she drinks say 400ml a day). Once you are off it for a few weeks or months, you wont be able to drink the supermarket softdrink # because you react to it. Its disgusting

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

She is addicted to the carbonation. The carbonation does cause changes to the body which can effect thinking and the body. She has to slowly reduce the drinking of carbonated beverages to not get the DTs from the change. CO2 can be addicting, causing a dependence on it.

Diet sodas also can make you addicted, I can drink a diet soda to control my epilepsy in a pinch. But I don't especially like the taste of diet soda. Aspartame can also alter brain chemistry to make you need it to remain normal.

edit on 4-8-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoovDawg

originally posted by: rickymouse

she does not like anything like coffe or tea, she doesn't like water at all this is my problem the only other thing she drinks very rarely is hot chocolate and milk shake...

I can't drink unflavoured water either, but I've discovered a nice way to flavour it. Glass of water, add about a tablespoon or so of lemon juice (bottled type is fine), then sweeten to taste with stevia. I also add a handful of frozen cherries for a treat once the water is finished.
Or, make a big jug of green tea (good for weight loss), refrigerate, treat same as above water - lemon juice (or lime) and stevia.
Green tea is totally different when iced.
Use 1 teabag for each 2 cups, steep for half hour before putting in fridge.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just get one of those Sodastream machines and throw some fruit juice in it (or whatever, for that matter). You can basically make your own carbonated beverages as sweet or acidic as you want.

No idea how much they cost, though.

new topics
top topics

join