It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok ATs brothers and sisters I need advices asap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Im about to pass out , havent been able to sleep because of a family emergency and now i have to go work in 1 hour. Not going to work is not an option. Im planning to drink coffee non stop, but does anyone have other advices to make it through the day.
edit on 22014Mondayam831Mon, 04 Aug 2014 02:49:16 -0500America/Chicagov49 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

edit on 22014Mondayam831Mon, 04 Aug 2014 02:51:42 -0500America/Chicagov51 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
10 minutes sleep can be better than nothing, try not to go too deep. Don't eat too much, but make sure you do snake a little.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Take an alarm clock to work... and pass out on your breaks

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev
Was thinking of a power nap but was afraid it would just be even worst when i wake up

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Dunk your head in ice cold water if feel too tired .. a few double esspresso's help too .. though best is to get sleep first chance you get ..

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Try napping at a desk or table rather than in bed. Set an alarm clock, or have some one wake you. Maybe try it at work if you can.
edit on 4-8-2014 by kwakakev because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
5 Hour Energy has worked well for me on more than one sleepless shift, but some people say it doesn't effect them very much. As it's an unusual circumstance, I'm sure one of them wouldn't be too bad for you. I wouldn't recommend drinking them all the time though...

Oh you could also do some cardio exercises if possible, get your heart rate up a bit.
edit on 4-8-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Anti-inflammatories like naproxen, will help keep your eyes from being to blood shot and tired. Eat protein to balance out your sugar levels. Take B vitamins if you can.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
2nd the powernap, take a powernap every break, and you will feel much better.

If you are able to control your work in any way, avoid tedious, repetitive tasks, and try to keep moving.

I have had a few nights from hell in the past, and the powernap was always the best cure.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Tough it out.
Drink coffee eat a chocolate bar. Or other sugary snack.

A power nap might make you feel worse, or you won't wake up until dinner hour.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Cold shower, not a hot one. Dunk entire skull in cold water every time you feel as if your eyes are closing and your body is going into shut down mode. Drink plenty of cold water, and I mean ICE cold water. The cold of it will enliven you, and the full bladder will make sleepy feelings evaporate, at least for the first twenty hours. Bang a couple of doughnuts down your throat throughout the day, for the sugar hit, and have something hearty for lunch, plenty of dead animal content, and some sliced fresh onion.

If while you are at work, and cannot dunk your head in cold water, you come over a little sleepy, excuse yourself from your station and run your wrists under the cold tap for forty seconds or so.

Avoid stimulant beverages and pills, since they have limited and varied effectiveness, and the crash afterward is often impossible to resist.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If you eat sugar, then stop you may get a headache in which you will need to eat more sugar to counter.

I have been going through a similar schedule as you recently, I found Ice Tea and iced drinks with caffeine work better then hot/warm coffee and the like. I also try to eat small consistent snacks until I can get a catnap, napping is better then sleeping for a long time in these situations.

God Luck,
AB

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

If you come back and read this, the best way is a snickers bar and a mountain dew.

Don't ask me why, but when I was on 3rd shift and about 4am when I was so tired I was ready to fall over, I would take a break and eat a snickers and down a mountain dew and it was like I was a new person, awake and ready to do anything after that!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Why is not going to work not an option? Your employer must make some flexibility to accommodate your situation. I dont know your jurisdiction, so I dont know the law where you are, but there are a number of options that should be available.

Why I say this is primarily concern for your own saftey, I don't know what you do for a living but you could be putting your own life at risk by going to work without adequate sleep. Furthermore you could be putting the lives of your co-workers (or patients if you happen to be a doctor--but if you were a doc you wouldn't be asking this question) at risk. Because of this fact it is your employers responsibility to give you the day off.

I hope they sends you home sick and you get some well deserved rest.

That notwithstanding: Black coffee, Vit-B, and some serious terms and conditions violations

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Well, I know it's a bit late, but here's what I do if I'm running low on sleep before work (for next time).

1. Get yourself some kind of tea that has a lot of caffeine - The tea I get is a bit expensive, but there's 72mg per serving (all natural, I might add). For reference, that's about as much caffeine as a SOBE energy drink, or a 20oz Pepsi/Coke.

2. About once every couple hours, take a 5 minute walk; the walk will with blood flow, and also help to keep you somewhat conscious.

3. Micro power nap - Seeing as I'm a typical IT-guy, there's a lot that I can do with my eyes closed. I found that I can type and even answer the phone while somewhat resting. Close your eyes for a couple minutes, and it will sort of count as a nap, because you are still turning off some form of sensory biofeedback.

4. For lunch, have something with lots of greens, and meat like fish or chicken - avoid deep fried, sugar, or junk food, as these will cause you to crash about an hour after eating.

Also, if you work in a building with multiple bathrooms, you can try to get away with a longer nap; just make the claim that you "need to go" (if you catch my drift), and pick a stall the farthest away from the door (maybe bring down a container of day-old leftovers to increase the effect). Now, I've never done that, but I have done the more polite form; instead of eating lunch, I'll take a full hour inside my car with the windows rolled down.

-fossilera

top topics

join