It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fortress in Sacsayhuaman a Megalithic Mystery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

"Rollers and ropes", a "few hundred people" and "some levers" could NOT fit these stones into position.

Nobody; no scholars or masons, no architects or engineers have EVER come up with an hypothesis for how these structures could have been built.

Actually they have but you appear to be just denying it.

There are lots of ways to move stone and ancient, classical and modern man moved very large weights before we had powered machinery. Just because you personally have failed to study the subject sufficiently does not make it a great mystery.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

"Rollers and ropes", a "few hundred people" and "some levers" could NOT fit these stones into position.

Nobody; no scholars or masons, no architects or engineers have EVER come up with an hypothesis for how these structures could have been built.

There are lots of ways to move stone and ancient, classical and modern man moved very large weights before we had powered machinery. Just because you personally have failed to study the subject sufficiently does not make it a great mystery.

Any links to back-up your assertions?

I'm not going to hold my breath because NONE EXIST.

We have no explanation whatsoever of how these gigantic stones could have been fitted together.

The process has NEVER been replicated.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

We have no explanation whatsoever of how these gigantic stones could have been fitted together.

In your opinion, if it is so difficult how were they initially constructed? lol

A number of reconstructions of the techniques have been demonstrated however you seemed to have denied their attempts. Why?

You appear to me to be in full denial but I would be interested in your telling us how you arrived at your conclusion? You can do so by explaining which books you read, your extensive experience with masons, native stone workers and the like - or did you read a fringe website?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Its only logic that stones would be cut to a size that be easily to handle which suggest they were made by a race bigger than us.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

here is the discussion a couple years a go on that video if you didn't catch it.

Giant Footprint thread

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

A number of reconstructions of the techniques have been demonstrated however you seemed to have denied their attempts. Why?

Show me just one.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

thanks, you have good memory, saw your comment there, 2 1/2 years ago.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Show me just one.

Nope, explain how you are arrived at your emphatic denial. I mean you're not admitting you know nothing about the subject are you? lol

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Show me just one.

Nope, explain how you are arrived at your emphatic denial. I mean you're not admitting you know nothing about the subject are you? lol

Yes I am admitting I know absolutely nothing about how those stones were moved.

If you know a way please show me.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I see these ancient wonders and ask myself, "Just how stupid are we, as modern humans, when compared to our ancient ancestors who were able to figure all this out in a way that baffles our poor, dimwitted selves?"

It seems popular to view humans on a steady progression of "improvement" or "evolution". The evidence, however, points to something entirely different. We are not progressing, nor are we evolving. We are simply the same people we have been for thousands of years. Capable of novel and intelligent concepts, and equally capable of forgetting them.

It hurts to admit that "savages" from 2000 years ago are every bit as smart as you and I. I get it. We were all conditioned to believe Neandertals were dumb, cave dwelling oafs. When it turns out that they had a bigger brain and likely had greater processing capability....it hurts our frail human ego's.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Two points you make are consistent with the Incan legend of how these structures were built.

Their world had evolved through several ages and in the previous ages Gods had lived on Earth; In the earlier age there only lived Gods and in the following age Gods and Humans co-existed. In the present age there are only humans.

The oldest and largest monoliths were moved by those of the first age and their ruins were built upon with smaller stones by the following age of humans.

So you see, you are entirely agreeing with the Incan legend of the big stones when you say we are "not improving" and that at one times the world was inhabited by a race with "bigger brains and greater processing power".

According to legend, the Gods used their "bigger brains" and "greater processing power", floated the stones through the air, sonically.

Sorta like trumpets moving the walls of Jericho in the Bible or Scarlett Johansson sweeping cars out of the way in 'Lucy'.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Show me just one.

Yes I am admitting I know absolutely nothing about how those stones were moved.

If you know a way please show me.

Then why were you stating the following on an earlier posting?

Your two statements contradict one another, if you, as you said later have no knowledge of the subject on what basis did you make the first statement?

Playing game eh?

You seem to be playing a game - rather ineptly.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I see these ancient wonders and ask myself, "Just how stupid are we, as modern humans, when compared to our ancient ancestors who were able to figure all this out in a way that baffles our poor, dimwitted selves?"

It seems popular to view humans on a steady progression of "improvement" or "evolution". The evidence, however, points to something entirely different. We are not progressing, nor are we evolving. We are simply the same people we have been for thousands of years. Capable of novel and intelligent concepts, and equally capable of forgetting them.

It hurts to admit that "savages" from 2000 years ago are every bit as smart as you and I. I get it. We were all conditioned to believe Neandertals were dumb, cave dwelling oafs. When it turns out that they had a bigger brain and likely had greater processing capability....it hurts our frail human ego's.

More like we found better ways to do things, and having not documented how we did X before it is lost. We lost pretty much the ability to make stone tools but it was revived within a generation.

We can still make traditional boats but only in a small time manner - building the fleets that fought at Trafalgar would be completely beyond us - using the traditional methods.

You can regain the skills but you would need to have people, skilled artists commited to 1 or 2 generations of attempting to relearn that specific trade with the crude tools they had. A few people have done so and regain a level equal to the some ancient crafts. The archaeologist refurbishing the Parthenon noted that ancient marble carver were twice as effective as modern ones.

Now for a large building you would need multiple crafts to be relearned and lots of people to do the work and there is simply no monetary or societal reason to do so.

I often suggest that fringe believers offer up a 500,000 prize to the first people to build an Inca style wall. 1 x 2 x 5 meters

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If they had such sophisticated technology, why aren't they made out of steel and glass, or plastic?

Stone Age technology. Stuff made out of stones. Nothing odd there.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
If they had such sophisticated technology, why aren't they made out of steel and glass, or plastic?

Because steel or glass or plastic would not have lasted as long as stone?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

This structure was built on very rough difficult terrain why did they use such large blocks? Why did the blocks have to fit so perfectly? How on Earth did they lift such large blocks? And again no mortar, why?

I was going to include the same link as in your other thread.

Why do you think they used such blocks? Why do you think they made them fit so perfectly? Why do you think they didn't use mortar?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

You have the patience of Job, mate.
I don't envy you

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

No?

Besides, they're gone. Why would they care how long anything lasted after they left?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Depends on the type of glass and the plastic, some modern ceramics would be better than rock for resisting erosion.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki
a reply to: Hanslune

You have the patience of Job, mate.
I don't envy you

Hey, I use to teach Arab college women IT and business - this is easy!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join