It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fortress in Sacsayhuaman a Megalithic Mystery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
In Sacsayhuaman above Cusco Peru we find a majestic structure which has been dubbed 'The Fortress'. This work of impeccable stone masonry is attributed to the Inca but did they really construct this marvel? Did they have the tools and lifting gear to extract, shape, transport and place these megalithic blocks into what can only be described as a Cyclopean precision work of art. Why such large blocks? Why such breathtaking precision? Lets take a closer look.

'The Fortress' -

s27.postimg.org...

Closeup -

s9.postimg.org...

s10.postimg.org...

s30.postimg.org...

s15.postimg.org...

s28.postimg.org...

This structure was built on very rough difficult terrain why did they use such large blocks? Why did the blocks have to fit so perfectly? How on Earth did they lift such large blocks? And again no mortar, why?

In this photo to the left we see a style of stone work used to repair the wall, why so shoddy in comparison to the rest of the building work?

s28.postimg.org...

Is it not logical to assume that the repair work was done by the Inca but the original work clearly wasn't?

THE LIVING STONES OF SACSAYHUAMAN

YouTube Link -

www.youtube.com...

I'm far from certain that the Inca built this, what do you think?

edit on 4/8/2014 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

edit on 4-8-2014 by JamesTB because: Tidying up the title after mod removed the caps

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I think that looks like Inca by the way the stone fit together. It is mindblowing though, the way they did this.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The repair work looks to me to be modern, say the last 250 years rather than ancient.

The old rocks are big, but not that big to make it impossible to move them and place them.

I prefer to wonder what skills we have lost from the ancient times and those are many.

The moment we went from using natural stones to uniform stone work such as bricks was the time all this old knowledge started to fade from memory.

With the Spanish (in this case) burning anything with writing and pictures on it, is it any wonder we have little knowledge of how this was done.

P

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

The old rocks are big, but not that big to make it impossible to move them and place them.

Not impossible?

We have NO IDEA how it could have been done.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

Thanks again. This site is perhaps even more amazing than the sun temple in your prior thread, and i wonder why i never have even heard about these sites. S&F

All these kind of amazing structures all over the world that now only remains in parts are in my view pre flood structures. Those were the times on Earth when our alien forefathers were building everything themselves. They surely mastered the art of stone masonry , and they had technology to cut, shape, raise and move those stones as if they should have been small bricks.

Everything that this generation of aliens build before the great flood was sadly destroyed by themselves shortly before the flood. We can still read about it in several ancient Sumerian texts referred to as ‘The lamentation tablets”.

However. The aliens probably used stones as building material for several reasons. It could for instance be that stones was what they were using to build structures on their own planet(s). It could also stand for weather and time and wars. But even better, it is a building material that always will be present in large amounts on a planet that is up for terra forming and colonization. Today only the great pyramid and some giant statues here and there are intact of those pre flood structures.

The aliens who took it upon themselves to terra form Earth was initially a group of different races who divided the Earth between themselves and then settled down to build civilizations for themselves. They settled down in several places all over the world, and they all had different cultural backgrounds that they took with them from their home planets, that’s why the architecture is unique and different in all these places all over the world.

According to my personal timeline , our alien forefathers (the master builders) left Earth some 700 years after the great flood, by that time they had made sure that new civilizations was up and running , that the world was divided into nations and that the new race of human being tribes (their special engineered children) by then managed by their own. In my view, the great flood took place some 12000-14000 years ago. That means that these pre flood structures that we now find partly in ruins all over the world are even older than this.

It is actually hard to tell how this special building technique was mastered in real life. All stones were shaped differently and it looks like they never knew what kind of shape the next stone would be like until they had shaped and put in place the current one. Thus it seems like all the stones in the wall was planned and shaped on the fly as building proceeded. Thus they probably shaped the stones at random just as long as they kept within the frame of the wall. It also seems that the idea of different shapes and sizes and the way they overlap each other also gave the wall extra strength and helped glue the wall together and make it solid. With proper technology and advanced tools it was perhaps only a matter of programming the tool that carved and shaped the stones. It is in a way just how modern programmable industrial robots works today.

Having said that. There is only one thing that is more amazing than these ancient structures, and that is all those people out there who still believe these structures have been built by primitive people with primitive tools.

edit on 4-8-2014 by helius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Not only do we have no idea how they moved the stones, what's more puzzling is how they fit them together. That's what I find so troubling about the South American sites like this one. When we look closely, we see that they must have been somehow carved to fit together and there's no identifiable pattern to the fit. And even more perplexing is the issue of whether they were lying flat and then tilted up into place or whether they were actually lifted entirely off the ground and then lowered into place. Either way, the sheer size and tonnage of these blocks is staggering.

Its also interesting to me that there's so little coverage of these questions in the mainstream. I don't find engineers, archeologists, etc. actively debating however these structures were constructed. They seem content to rely on the idea that if you gather together enough people pulling on a rope or ropes you can get the job done. Sorry, but to me that whole line of logic just doesn't cut it anymore.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Not only do we have no idea how they moved the stones, what's more puzzling is how they fit them together. That's what I find so troubling about the South American sites like this one. When we look closely, we see that they must have been somehow carved to fit together and there's no identifiable pattern to the fit. And even more perplexing is the issue of whether they were lying flat and then tilted up into place or whether they were actually lifted entirely off the ground and then lowered into place. Either way, the sheer size and tonnage of these blocks is staggering.

Its also interesting to me that there's so little coverage of these questions in the mainstream. I don't find engineers, archeologists, etc. actively debating however these structures were constructed. They seem content to rely on the idea that if you gather together enough people pulling on a rope or ropes you can get the job done. Sorry, but to me that whole line of logic just doesn't cut it anymore.

Precisely what's been puzzling me as in effect each block is a unique hand carved sculpture. Sure is an enigma.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Well, after having posted that, I realized that its more than an enigma, its down right creepy. That is to say, there's something all together "off" about the entire phenomenon. It makes no sense whatsoever and frankly, its beginning to look almost out of place or out of time, or both. The visual effect is like a vertical jig saw puzzle.

Something's definitely "off" about this.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Just because you don't know, you don't have to include the rest of us. I can think of a few ways to move those. They are simply not that big. Logs as rollers, ropes and a few hundred people, some levers .... not that impossible.

I can't walk into my kitchen and lift my fridge. It is too damn heavy. But if I get my sack truck I could run the thing all over the neighborhood, easily! There are many ways to move large heavy objects.

P

edit on 4/8/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Experimental archaeology has demonstrated time and time again that even the biggest and most impossible looking blocks of stone can always be moved through the application of ropes and a couple of hundred people.

Get a couple of hundred folks hauling on something, and you'd be amazed at what you can shift.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Well, open minded, truth seeking people that has not entirely been influenced and locked in by mainstream thinking and logic yet, will hopefully start to ask questions by themselves after reading such threads no matter what the guardians of MS logic claims . Thus these kind of threads makes a difference , so keep them coming OP.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
how would they have got the ropes out after they would have to cut them so lift them up and see if rope is between the seams probably a few hands between them stones also.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Just because you don't know, you don't have to include the rest of us. I can think of a few ways to move those. They are simply not that big. Logs as rollers, ropes and a few hundred people, some levers .... not that impossible.

"Rollers and ropes", a "few hundred people" and "some levers" could NOT fit these stones into position.

Nobody; no scholars or masons, no architects or engineers have EVER come up with an hypothesis for how these structures could have been built.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Experimental archaeology has demonstrated time and time again that even the biggest and most impossible looking blocks of stone can always be moved through the application of ropes and a couple of hundred people.

Get a couple of hundred folks hauling on something, and you'd be amazed at what you can shift.

As far as I know, "Experimental archaeology" has never been able to achieve anything, evenly REMOTELY, similar to these megalithic walls.

If you have a link that shows any eccentrically shaped, monolithic stones being precisely fitted together by modern archaeologists I'd love to see it.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There are no holes on any of those stones for a rope to be used, unsless they just wrapped a rope around the whole stone, but if that were the case then like someone said before you would expect there to still be pieces of rope lodged inbetween the stones.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Its not so much a case of how they moved the stones, which obviously would have been difficult but not impossible, but rather how they managed to raise them quite so high and then place them so accurately?
And probably most mysteriously of all, how on earth did they shape those stones so precisely so that they fit together so well?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Great Post!

I love this place, it has so many great questions surrounding it....

I have had the extreme pleasure of visiting this awesome site/sight....believe me it is mind boggling to physically see and touch something that you can not explain how it came about, the more you study this amazing area the more awe struck you become.......I could only come to one conclusion and that was modern man as we know him could not of constructed this site.....laughable as it sounds but nothing else came to mind after seeing it for myself!

edit on 4-8-2014 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: liverlad
There are no holes on any of those stones for a rope to be used, unsless they just wrapped a rope around the whole stone, but if that were the case then like someone said before you would expect there to still be pieces of rope lodged inbetween the stones.

True, but there is evidence in some cases of protuberances on the faces of some stones which could have been used for attaching ropes or applying levers and then chiseled off after the stones are in place.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The site was extensively looted by the Spanish to help build their version of Cusco, how did they move all those stones?

The same way the Inca had, lots of people and rope which they recorded.

I would suggest you read Hernando de Trujillo y Francisca de Ocampo book he wrote of his experience in watching the Spanish take over the Inca Empire and how the Inca did various construction.

Relation of the discovery of the kingdom of Peru

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
The site was extensively looted by the Spanish to help build their version of Cusco, how did they move all those stones?

The same way the Inca had, lots of people and rope which they recorded.

The Spanish never moved a SINGLE megalith.

Spanish constructions have nothing in common with these massive stones fitted precisely together.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join