It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Camp Set To Scare The Crop Out Of You

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The title is mine in honor of the fact that too many horror movies seem to take place in some remote corn field.

I have been on a quest my entire life to find a horror movie that was so scary that I couldn't fall asleep from incapacitating fear. It hasn't happen yet, and at this point I am not going to hold my breath waiting for it to.

I know I am not the only one that likes to be scared (safely... nothing sick going on here) so when I found this website, I knew I had to share it.

greathorrorcampout.com...

Welcome To Horror Camp

The Great Horror Campout is a camping experience unlike any other. It’s basically the camping trip of your nightmares packed into a single night of spine-chilling fun, and it’s definitely not for the feint of heart

The horror campout is the latest project from Ten Thirty One Productions, the company that previously created The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride. According to their official website, “The Great Horror Campout is a 12-hour overnight interactive horror camping adventure.

The scary stuff begins at 8 pm and continues uninterrupted until 8 am the next day. During this time, campers are welcome to sleep, but they might experience ‘erratic interruptions’. The event comes with a disclaimer: “During Great Horror Campout, you may be forcibly handled, moved, bound, hooded, chained and subjected to simulated torture by our actors. You may witness strong verbal content, which may be considered offensive in nature. The content is part of the experience and is presented for entertainment purposes only.”

I'm not sure that I would like being forcibly handled, moved, bound, hooded, chained, and subjected to simulated torture myself, but the rest sounds like it might be fun. I suppose just wondering if any of those things were going to happen to you would probably raise the fear factor considerably.

Campers can choose their level of engagement by their choice of activities and tent zone. It can be extreme horror adventure or a more mild horror adventure. It’s completely up to the camper.”So what exactly classifies as ‘mild’ and ‘extreme’ horror? Well, for a more laid-back haunted experience, you could choose a night of watching horror movies and exchanging horror stories while roasting marshmallows around a camp fire. No monsters will join you inside your tent. They call this the ‘Chicken Zone’.

The other tent sections don’t offer much in terms of rest – these are meant for the more ‘high octane horror fans’. Each tent can accommodate a minimum of two and a maximum of four people. Campers can choose between a range of activities in three categories: the Chicken Zone, the High Startle, and the Interactive Highly Immersive Terror.

They obviously have some pretty good costumes and makeup going on judging from the picture above!

Of course, the website assures that all the experiences are purely for entertainment, and no one will be in real danger. But just in case it all gets too overwhelming at any point, a camper can simply yell a safe phrase. All the big, bad monsters will back off, the moment they hear you scream: “I want my mommy!”

I wonder how many people scream the "safe phrase" on any given night they have this? My money would be on more than a few. I would also bet that more men say it than women do. lol

Organizers are suggesting campers bring a few changes of underwear, just in case. If they’re expecting people go through more than one pair underwear in just one night, you can imagine the horrors they’ll probably put them through. As they declare on their home page: “Only the dawning sun will save you.”

So they suggest bringing extra underwear as only the dawn will save you!!

So what say you ATS?? Would you go?

More information at this link For those of you addicted to fear:
www.odditycentral.com...
edit on 8/4/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well, at least LA does not have concealed carry, otherwise they may often have job openings.

I don't think I will take them up on their kind offer. Someone comes towards me screaming with an axe in their hands, then axe or no axe, one on us will end up dead.

For the same affect, couldn't you just go for a long walk in Detroit

No thanks, I'll pass. Besides, some Nuns in my early childhood were way more scary than these clowns cause that crap was real as.

Had my lifetimes worth of being scared early on. Someone else's turn.

P

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I once attended a sex camp ,but that was completely a different story.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

And I want my mummy meant something totally different there...cheers.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I get you 100%. I certainly don't like "real life" scary. I don't think many do and that's why this type of thing sells like hot cakes. It's a "safe scare" I suppose. My big hulking husband gets real life terrified watching regular horror movies (don't tell him I told you so lol) thee is no way I would send him somewhere like this. Not unless I want the rescue squad to provide transportation back!!

I wouldn't lay out that kind of money for something like this myself, but apparently a lot of folks do. I would however drop a $20 to go into a really good haunted house. I always come out of those laughing hysterically.

originally posted by: shapur

And I want my mummy meant something totally different there...cheers.

NOT having a safe word makes it more fun. Put a little heart into man!!! Geez... You can withstand anything for under 2 minutes.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

That sounds like the beginning of a bad horror movie.

"Don't worry jenny, it's all part of the fun!"

Spoiler: it's not.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

you may be forcibly handled, moved, bound, hooded, chained and subjected to simulated torture by our actors.

count me in!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
$100 bucks per person. Even the website is creepy. I'll save my $100 bucks thank you. Wonder if their liable if someone has a heart attack?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
If you like horror movies .. check out japanese horror movies .. warning NOT for those with weak hearts or who scare easily ..

Meh .. seen far scarier many times and didnt have to pay for it .. always found the western idea of whats scary more comical than scary ...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical
$100 bucks per person. Even the website is creepy. I'll save my $100 bucks thank you. Wonder if their liable if someone has a heart attack?

I am thinking that you would have to sign a waiver to participate. I had to sign one last year for a haunted trail before they would let me in. This one was located in the woods and it stretched on for about a mile total. You had to sign a waiver saying that you released them from all liability should you suffer any injury while on their property.

I can't see anybody putting something like this on without having something like that in place! That would be insanity!

originally posted by: Expat888
If you like horror movies .. check out japanese horror movies .. warning NOT for those with weak hearts or who scare easily ..

Meh .. seen far scarier many times and didnt have to pay for it .. always found the western idea of whats scary more comical than scary ...

I have seen a couple of pretty good Japanese horror flicks on Netflix and most of those were far better than what we have going on here for sure. Most of what is peddled here is so far out of the realm of possibility that is it laughable. I find myself getting irritated more often than not by a whole lot of them truthfully.

I get more scared watching movies where what is happening has at least a snowballs chance in hell of happening in real life. Those types of movies get my brain working and wondering.

The Road
Melancholia
The Day After Tomorrow
Deep Impact

Those are just a few. I guess those are more psychologically disturbing other than real horror. Either way... I like them better than something like Idle Hands.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This sounds amazing!

Of course until a real life psycho in a mask breaches eaches the complex and massacres everyone.

I guess it will get closed down then 😞
edit on 4/8/14 by OpenEars123 because: My fingers suck :-|

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 4/8/14 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
So what say you ATS?? Would you go?

Um ... no. The world is scary enough. Reality is scary enough. Side note - after reading the information I had to wonder what their accident/injury/illness waiver clause looks like. I can imagine it reading something like - if you have a heart attack or stroke while in 'Horror Camp', then you can't sue us for scaring the life out of you.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ok campers , one more piece of news before we leave you to it. If any of you are aware of the incident that happened last weekend, I can assure you that the police have it under control.

Camper: what incident?

Some of you may or may not have heard about the double homocide that happened last week...

Campers: what? No! What?

Yeah, it appears a deranged killer infiltrated our horror actors and actually butchered a couple of campers. If you see a crazy clown with a machete that is NOT us! Call this number immediately and seek shelter!

Ok that's about it campers. Thanks for coming and sleep tight!

/Clown appears at midnight.
/Underwear explodes
edit on 4-8-2014 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
Ok campers , one more piece of news before we leave you to it. If any of you are aware of the incident that happened last weekend, I can assure you that the police have it under control.

Some of you may or may not have heard about the double homocide that happened last week...

Yeah, it appears a deranged killer infiltrated our horror actors and actually butchered a couple of campers. If you see a crazy clown with a machete that is NOT us! Call this number immediately and seek shelter!

/Underwear explodes

That is indeed a set up for a "B" grade horror flick! I bet they are counting on folks to really wonder if that could ever happen there. It would definitely be a headliner if it did.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

/Underwear explodes

I can see the headline..."Horror at Horror Camp!!!"

It would be a good cover for a madman as all would beleive it is part of the show!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Teye22

It would be good cover for a madman by the name of Jason to do it. Imagine the headlines that would come out for THAT story!!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Funny you said that, my wife and i bought the full collection of friday the 13th and are watching them outside in the wood by a lake( at our cottage) its freaky i must say espacially when a racoon pops out of nowhere to scare the crap out of the wife
Loll

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Oh, Hopping Marsupial, you mean to tell me that The Exorcist didn't scare the joeys out of your pouch? To this day, I can't even watch the commercial for it!

As for the horror camp, it might be fun. They should give you a "safe" word that you can utter to make the festivities stop if they get too intense. Maybe "spumoni?"

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Started seeing billboards in town for this awhile ago - my first thought was that it was just asking for a bad Stephen King trip...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join