It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No GOD? No Afterlife? No Point to Life.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Bs I don't hate anyone. Its the religious that do all the damn hating.

Are you saying you hate hate? That is a paradox you know. Or do you hate the words and stories? Sure.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

As far as the beliefs you shared, I'm pretty much on the same page as you.

But even so, I see plenty of reasons a strict militant atheist would want to live. For one, an atheist may think this is "it" and there's nothing else so they put more effort into making a kick-ass life and end up enjoying it more.

To be honest, I've never met a strict atheist. I know many people who call themselves that but they then supplement their labeling with an explanation of how they know there's something beyond this because they've "seen stuff" or witnessed something paranormal or even aliens, etc.

I think a lot of people cling to the "atheist" title once they dismiss major religions even though they are probably more or less agnostic.

But, even if I believed there was nothing out there and my being and consciousness was only a product of biological awesomeness and that my entire awareness was no more divine than that of a shoe, I would still enjoy life because that's obviously what I'm supposed to do. The sheer duty of performing as a member of my species would probably compel me to excel in, and enjoy, life.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I agree. Earth humans are damaged goods, but also very interesting to other species.

I liken us to the developmentally challenged. We have a vague awareness that something is wrong with us, but we don't really understand it.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: knightsofcydonia

actually thats exactly what the Bible describes and talks about as Hell. Its describing being entrapped in the lower carnal mind.
Jesus taught us to seek within and from there the answers come. Basically he said to meditate and you will ascend into the higher mind known as Krist consciousness.

This is a two thousand year old doctrine that has been practiced by many humans throughout history. Where are all these people who have attained a higher mind known as Krist(sic?) consciousness? Absolutely nowhere.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What a perfect thread to bring up the egg

Short story and worth the read. Been brought up here many times.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

I have no reason to believe that there is any use of a "higher consciousness". Those who have claimed to have higher consciousness don't seem to display any such special power.

I hope I haven't left you with the impression I believe I have a 'high consciousness' or possess all the answers. I have an awareness of some things just like you have an awarenuss that 1+1=2. Some things are simple, but ultimately I have way more questions than answers. I also lack passion for life that many others possess.

Some things are so easy for others and hard for me. I might remember past lives and know certain things, but I still marvel at great scientists or composers. They have knowledge and awareness of things I will never have. We all have certain gifts and assets and sometimes the simplest people have the most amazing perspective on life.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Regardless of what anyone thinks we will never know the answer. That is until we die then we cant tell anyone that is alive. I hope there is something else other then black ive lost to many and that is one thing that terrifies me nothing at the end. I think were like batteries when the energy is out were done. The thought of nothing just scares me so much.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I think because up until now, much of the Bible has been taken literally instead of Greek mythology as it should be.

People have NOT been seeking within themselves for the answers, rather to an appointed pastor, pope, minister, or whoever the Church has appointed being the "Holy" one because thats what the Church says to do.

WE HAVE TAKEN GREEK MYTHOLOGY LITERALLY

AND WE SWEAR BY IT

The very things that we have taken literally and have used to form the basis of our culture and relationships with others is actually Greek mythology.

THE MYTHOLOGY MESSAGE OF LONG AGO

WAS WRITTEN FOR TODAY

Mythology that has attempted to provide us with a very important message of life , healing, and eternal peace.

RELIGION HAS CAUSED US TO DISOBEY THE BIBLE

BY TAKING IT LITERALLY

By literalizing these myths we have violated the very doctrine of the Bible itself which says, be not a minister of the letter for the letter kills.

OTHER RELIGIONS TAKE THEIR TEXTS LITERALLY AS WELL

Every religion has joined in and we are now caught in the middle of another of the endless rounds of killing and violence in God's name.

NOTHING IN THE BIBLE LITERALLY HAPPENED

It's all mythology.

None of the things you read in the Bible ever happened and were never intended to be taken as historical fact.

MYTHOLOGY DISCUSSED THE SUB ATOMIC

WHEN NOBODY KNEW OF IT

BUT NOW WE KNOW OF THE SUB ATOMIC

SO WE KNOW SOMEONE SPECIAL WROTE THIS MYTHOLOGY

Mythology is a coded language that is made clear to a race, when that race has evolved to a point where they can understand a degree of science and the truth of the invisible world.

THE SUB ATOMIC AND PARALLEL PLACES

The world of the sub atomic, the world of the parallel universe.

Those who have not evolved will continue to take the Bible literally.

Only when one is enlightened from above via the meditation process will one begin to understand the Hidden Meanings of the Bible.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I agree. Earth humans are damaged goods, but also very interesting to other species.

I liken us to the developmentally challenged. We have a vague awareness that something is wrong with us, but we don't really understand it.

What's wrong is that we (humans) evolved two minds within one brain and these two minds are usually in a continual state of conflict with each other. Makes the pharmaceutical companies trillions, because most people would rather distract themselves from the cause of human behavior than actually question it to know why they do what they do.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ed1320
Regardless of what anyone thinks we will never know the answer. That is until we die then we cant tell anyone that is alive. I hope there is something else other then black ive lost to many and that is one thing that terrifies me nothing at the end. I think were like batteries when the energy is out were done. The thought of nothing just scares me so much.

See, your perspective is just weird to me. I have had enough of the veil lifted that I DO KNOW there is life after death. There are definitely more lifetimes than this one. Do I know the exact nature of God or tomorrows lotto numbers? No, but I do KNOW there is more than this life.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

edit on 4-8-2014 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
They recently studied Einstein's brain to see what made it unique..www.youtube.com...

they found that the corpus callosum ( the part that connects the two hemispheres of the brain) had extremely thick connections. So again, how do we exercise both sides of the brain and connect to the right (creative) side? Meditation.

oh he also had significantly increased density in three major regions parietal lobe, visual cortex, and frontal lobe.

Jesus said if the eye be single then the body shall fill with light...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
You could also just go and juggle some balls, does the same thing...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Some things are so easy for others and hard for me. I might remember past lives and know certain things, but I still marvel at great scientists or composers. They have knowledge and awareness of things I will never have. We all have certain gifts and assets and sometimes the simplest people have the most amazing perspective on life.

I know how you feel. But never is a long time and time is short.

It's best to remember that these stories have always come from people. All those scientists and composers and prophets and gurus were people, and they worked hard for what they created within the boundaries of universal human ability. With a little work and determination, such creativity can be seized by any living human. I wish you luck in that endeavour if you wish to go for it.

In my opinion, however, I am sort of the reverse of you, as I don't have any interest in a non-phyisical world. I find that view entirely empty and meaningless, and nothing sort of nihilism. Aesthetically, it is boring for me. Maybe I have bad taste but I never get any joy out of it; and sometimes I wonder if there is a correlation between faith in Gods and afterlives and such, and not getting out enough.

Good luck Metallicus.

edit on 4-8-2014 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I understand. But we should not hijack the OPs thread in this manner.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I am far from perfect and have a unique perspective on my faults and shortc'mings.

I need to learn to love myself and others.

Here's some help with that, give 'reasonably accepting loss' a try. You don't have to agree to the loss, it's existence or occurrence, yet what you do not accept you are compelled to reject.

Why? Rejecting loss for most people is a problem because the loss triggers their subconscious mind, which by evolution is not bound by reason or the consideration of long term circumstances.

Look at the majority of the problems you and others have experienced, most of them are due to the inability to accept the loss they experience long enough to reasonably respond to it.

Domestic violence, murder, wars all justifiably instigated by the subconscious minds inability to accept loss and reasonably respond to it.

Thanks for the topic...

edit on th1407134453320CDT-0500-05:001AM by subtopia because: .

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
OP i pretty much share your beliefs exactly. I believe in a 'God' I prefer to call it a 'Divine' but same meaning. I believe reincarnation really is the law of the land so to speak...I cannot imagine how some people view reincarnation as a hell? How can you not enjoy this life? Sure it is hard - my life has downright sucked at times but I still love the experiences and knowing I can come back and have more and more is just so amazing to me.

I too have had the 'Veil lifted' to an extent. I have died - ventured out into the beyond as a 'soul' or 'consciousness' or whatever you want to call it. I do not question my experience whatsoever. I know what I have seen is the truth. I know for a fact life will continue even after death....I do not understand why so many people struggle with this concept. They see it as fantasy when in reality it MAKES SENSE! It follows right along with the 'laws of physics' we think we know today.

That being said - I can see why those who think there is nothing after death still enjoy life. Hell if I believed that way, I may be even more inclined to have as many good experiences during this my one and only lifetime as I would otherwise. I may try to cram everything in so to speak..

But I have a question for you OP. You say you can remember your past lives - I believe you, but it is still so mind blowing to me! I cannot even imagine. I know there is life beyond but I cannot remember anything of that beyond or my past lives whatsoever. Obviously you will not be able to answer this definitely but my question is - why do you suppose people such as yourself can remember their past lives while others can not?

Personally I believe that means your soul or what have you must have reached a certain stage of enlightenment through lessons learned in physical lives - a stage of enlightenment enough to where it allows you to see through the veil so to speak.

I am just curious what your thoughts are on the matter.

My girlfriend shares similar beliefs - and she is also like you. She can remember things, she knows things she should not, she is an 'Empath' for sure. She can literally look at any person for a second and immediately get a feel for their energy be it Evil, Good, or just blah. She is also amazingly good at reading others , their emotions, mannerisms, etc. She tells me she feels she has been here many a time before and that is why she sees what she can.

I have no such abilities however I share the beliefs. I wonder why that is?

Sorry for my rambling I just love discussing this topic. Absolutely love it! Makes me want to go meditate to see beyond the veil once more...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The fact that the alternative to life after death is uncomfortable and makes life seem meaningless doesn't make afterlife/reincarnation true. Atheists simply refuse lying to themselves when deep down we know the truth. Knowing that your days are numbered, I feel, makes you realize you have to get the most out of life and seize every day.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Furthermore, have you considered that life doesn't have to have a meaning, that life itself can comprehend? a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Your purpose, everyone's purpose... is NOW.

Forget the future and the past. Don't let it matter whether there is something for you years or decades from now. It's not here. Live a good life and treat people well. Or, be a rapist, murderer, or pederast. It doesn't matter then, and then doesn't matter. All that matters is now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join