It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube: How your religion appears to us nonbelievers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Bottom line is we are animals, period. We have evolved to be social animals to ensure our survival. Survival of the fittest. No invisible sky dude or ancient book written by a bunch of desert wondering goat herders can be a proven fact. Everything about religion as it pertains to an all knowing creator is a complete fabrication of man. Before I was born, there was nothing. When I die, it will be the same. The time in between is spent doing what evolution has dictated I do...perpetuate my species.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

murder-noun: murder; plural noun: murders

the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

I think murder is evil not necessarily killing something. You said if someone was sick and chose to be put down rather than live. Well thats not murder. Thats assisted suicide, or could even be considered Euthanasia refers to the practice of intentionally ending a life in order to relieve pain and suffering. Self defense is not considered murder. I am writing a thread on the subject just for you friend.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
murder-noun: murder; plural noun: murders

the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

I think murder is evil not necessarily killing something. You said if someone was sick and chose to be put down rather than live. Well thats not murder. Thats assisted suicide, or could even be considered Euthanasia refers to the practice of intentionally ending a life in order to relieve pain and suffering. Self defense is not considered murder. I am writing a thread on the subject just for you friend.

Well thanks but I know what murder is and assisted suicide, etc. That wasn't exactly the point of my using those though. I was just throwing out a few quick examples to what I was saying. Our conversation was about morality and it's subjective nature.

Back on topic though this is a good example of where Believers and Non-Believers differ though. I doubt it will ever be resolved either. You think there is some hard coded morality within everyone that's been dictated by God while I don't. I think morality is subjective to each person based upon their own experiences and minds.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You dont need a book to know the moral law. Its written on mens hearts.

Isaiah 51:7
“Listen to me, you who know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear not the reproach of man, nor be dismayed at their revilings."

Other translation will translate righteousness as those who know what is right, or those who know right from wrong. The law is written on men's hearts, and everyone knows it.

Do you realize that you just said "You don't need a book to know the moral law." Then to support that statement you used a quote from a book about moral law!!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Why don't you read the statement and understand the message. If you do that you will see that it says the same thing

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
2 Timothy 1:20 & 21:

But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

So, now we know that the bible was dictated by "god", and is not to be interpreted. So, based on that knowledge:

Exodus 31:14:

'For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, holy to the LORD; whoever does any work on the sabbath day shall surely be put to death.…

So when was the last time a religious person enforced "God's" law and killed their local 7-11 clerk for working on Sunday?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
And to add to that:

Matthew 15:21-28

Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.”

Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

So why are people so hell bent on worshiping a "God" who had no interest in anyone except the Israeli's?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Why don't you read the statement and understand the message. If you do that you will see that it says the same thing

I understand the statement just fine. Did you understand my point??

You're basically saying, "You don't need a book. It said so right here in this book."

(post by WeAllDieSoon removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I understand the statement just fine. Did you understand my point??

You're basically saying, "You don't need a book. It said so right here in this book."

Right and wrong are ingrained in your heart. That's why you can sin without even knowing God.

Still looking for reasons to deny God huh?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: haarvik

Your questions are easily answered but first you will need to posit a question. If your question is why do we not kill people who work on Sunday, the answer is because this would be against God's Will. Your inability to understand Scripture (let alone prophecy) does not excuse what you are saying because you are willfully ignorant. Only warning.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: haarvik
And to add to that:

Matthew 15:21-28

Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.”

Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

So why are people so hell bent on worshiping a "God" who had no interest in anyone except the Israeli's?

I am certain you read the very next part of that passage. The passage is entitled "Faith of the Caananite woman"

The Faith of the Canaanite Woman
…27But she said, "Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." 28Then Jesus said to her, "O woman, your faith is great; it shall be done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed at once.

Do you even know who the lost sheep of Israel are?

You are provoking God to anger. His mercy is extended and you intentionally try to deceive.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAllDieSoon

Right and wrong are ingrained in your heart. That's why you can sin without even knowing God.

Still looking for reasons to deny God huh?

Now you're giving me the same old script as the rest of them. I realize it is easier for you to believe that I am actively denying God because I just want to sin. But statements like that are not only incorrect but an insult. You don't know me and to make claims as to what I may or may not be doing and the reasons why is just more of the self righteous know-it-all attitude that I've come to expect from most Religious folks like yourself. So go ahead and judge me and believe whatever you want about me, I really don't care.

It's no different than me telling you that you're just denying reality.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: haarvik
Matthew 15:21-28 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

Israel was God's wife.

Israel married false-gods and God divorced her.

Under God's Law, God could not remarry Israel... until death dissolved the old marriage covenant.

God's death dissolved the old marriage covenant allowing God to marry [remarry] Christian-Israel.

God has always accepted outsiders.

When Moses left Egypt, he had a great number of 'outsiders' with him.

The same with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus also said He is the good Shepherd of two sheepfolds:

"I am the good shepherd; I know My sheep and My sheep know Me - just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father — and I lay down My life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to My voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. ~ John 10

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Except I never said that. You did.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAllDieSoon

Except I never said that. You did.

Said what???

WTF are you talking about???

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
Why would God be beyond by marriage laws? Unless he put self imposed restrictions on himself. In either cases that would make him no longer omnipotent.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I understand the statement just fine. Did you understand my point?? You're basically saying, "You don't need a book. It said so right here in this book."

If you understand the statement then you should understand that statement means that regardless if we had ever read that verse or even the Bible we would still know morality. Morality is instilled within the Human Soul. I get that your trying to be clever, but you are misunderstanding that even if we toss the Bible out that statement holds true to a moral relativist. If there is an objective moral reality then all humans, even psychopaths, are aware of what is moral and immoral. The difference is a psychopath or serial killer doesn't care that their acts are immoral. You act as though if a objective moral reality existed then people could not choose to do immoral acts.

Well thanks but I know what murder is and assisted suicide, etc. That wasn't exactly the point of my using those though. I was just throwing out a few quick examples to what I was saying. Our conversation was about morality and it's subjective nature.

If you are quite aware of the difference between murder and those things why did you try and produce them as evidence in the post below as though they were subjective views of murder being good and bad.

Murder is wrong, right. So let's say I murder someone, I am wrong to do so. But what if I murder them defending someone else??? But what if that person actually asked them to kill them because they had a terminal disease and it was to end their suffering???

As you can see my post wasn't off topic. I was merely showing you that what you thought was evidence of subjective morality was because you were defining actions as "murder" that was not actually murder. Self-defense is not murder so its not evidence for murder being both right and wrong. I was merely attempting to get you to understand that what you were bringing up was not murder as you continued to posted something about it twice.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Is there any possibility this thread could not become a believers versus nonbelievers food fight?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Probably wouldn't be so bad if you had picked an accurate analogy that accurately represents the theology. You also picked an analogy that called atheist the only intellectual free thinking people on the planet lol.. i mean what did you expect...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join