It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube: How your religion appears to us nonbelievers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This video puts it rather nicely.

Just food for thought.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This one is good too.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I like his approach but I'm sure soon enough someone will quote a verse from the book which, will prove to you, that if you read a certain passage, you will come to understand...The mirror is dirty and needs a good cleaning.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

Fantastic analogy. I haven't really had a need to bust out a video to anybody but, one day when I might, it may be this one.

Besides, his accent makes him sound like Peter Stormare from Mercenaries 2 (Nilson) so he gets bonus points for that.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Excellent video OP, thanks for posting!

So was the second one! 'Put Down The Fighter Plane!' Lol.
edit on 2453108pmSundayf53Sun, 03 Aug 2014 22:53:24 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

That one doesn't really do it for me.
Too preachy for me.

Because people get it wrong and human cultures are different does not mean a higher power does not exist.
Which is strongly insinuated.

Now, if they showed the atheist having other atheists show up and argue their various variances of lack of belief in a higher power.
It would be realistic.
edit on 3-8-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse

They'll certainly try.
Hasn't worked yet.

I welcome their attempts because in a sense they mean well.

a reply to: Cuervo

Agreed!

He's Norwegian.
His accent is rather kewl imho.

a reply to: signalfire

Thank you for watching.

I stumbled across his channel recently.
I highly recommend it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
He must not have been addressing me because someone being" Godless" does not offend me. What offends me are people like this guy who assume that Christians are brainwashed idiots in need of rescuing and using that as justification for their hostilities.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
He must not have been addressing me because someone being" Godless" does not offend me. What offends me are people like this guy who assume that Christians are brainwashed idiots in need of rescuing and using that as justification for their hostilities.

What offends me are those Christians who think anyone other than them are heathens, and in need of rescuing, and using that as justification for their hostilities.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

What hostility did the guy show?
This is a honest question.
Because I am not seeing it.

And I think klassified made a rather valid point.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Wow we actually have something in common... imagine that.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

There was nothing hostile about the video. He did attempt to explain why people such as himself are hostile towards us though.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

But where are you getting that he has any hostility for anyone?
I'm just not seeing it.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Excellent video. It clearly explains my thought process and the mental struggle I had before I stopped believing. What it failed to mention though is the guilt laid upon a person for questioning whether there is someone "behind the mirror."

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

he makes several good points that i happen to agree with, however, i do disagree with the allegory of the mirror. it's not an one way mirror. it's a mirror.

to quote: god in you, the hope of glory.
to me that reads like - god is in you, not out there in space or floating on a cloud. how much of that is an allergory, i dunno, but from all my readings, musings and experiences, i think it gives enough information to be sufficient, but should you want more details, consult god in you.

yeep. so the god in you says you don't exist? not hardly. you clearly exist. pinch yourself. feel that? you be real baby.
edit on 4-8-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Very interesting video and it brings up some very honest points. Even though I don't like to admit it, I have questioned some of the points he brought up. It is food for thought, for those who thing religion is the only way to God and eternal life. I personally believe religion is deceptive and I question it's reason for development. There's a lot of hypocrisy in religion and conflicts in the bible, such as the old testament vs the new testament, a loving God who would destroy innocent and evil at the same time, and making his word open to numerous interpretations.

On the other hand, I do believe in a supreme being or God who started the ball rolling.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Wow, that is a great video!
Thanks for posting it. I like the analogy very much. His calm demeanor is a bonus as well as his accent.
I've been to Norway to visit friends I met over the internet. Wonderful people. Beautiful place.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Excellent video! Loved it. I also loved that he said atheists, agnostics and pagans are not "malevolent heretics"!
It illustrates the meaning of my user name.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

But where are you getting that he has any hostility for anyone?
I'm just not seeing it.

Out of his own mouth in the last 15 seconds of the video, and since my first answer was insufficient, my gut tells me that's you in the video. Also, in one of his/your other videos, he/you state that people with low common sense gravitate towards religion. Insults and hostilities go hand in hand.
edit on 4-8-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

My BS meter is going off here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join