It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20th anniversary Union Carbide tragedy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Forgot about this until I saw the following article. The last paragraph is both tragic and disgusting but typical. It shows how very little has changed when it comes to big business and what they can pay off or have the gov't override when their at fault.

www.cnn.com...

brill

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
That was such a tragedy. That surrounding village had no idea what hit them as I belive most of them were sleeping. I liked how the operators knew that this was a possibility but kept things running but when all hell broke loose they turned tail and ran in the opposite direction. Such a sad preventable disaster.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Very sad story. These people have a real right to be filled with such pain and sadness.
And our country won't send this guy back for trail?
Well then maybe he should keep a close look behind him at all times. As well as those that he loves and holds dear to his heart. These people may send for him

They say everything you do bad comes back on you three fold. Sad, sad, sad. That comming back three fold on anyone would be devastating.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I heard a segment on NPR about this today. Some of the victims still have not been compensated financially.

And Union Carbide had the gall to suggest worker sabotage.

:shk:

top topics

join