It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bought a pizza base - now what do i do with it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: HammyCat
A nice Olive Oil and Garlic, Mozzarella, Chicken, Spinach, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Feta Cheese and bacon ( everything has to have bacon )

Oh thats a good combo.

A good pizza always has a drizzle of light olive oil - helps everything to meld and melt and even burn a bit, nicely together.

Not a fan of too much cheese, mozzarella, feta, cheddar, all good but i never been into the 4 cheese ones, far too gooey and unhealthy (tasting)

More of a meat + cheese + flavor like some hot peppers or chillis OOOOOOO YEAH

edit on b3434935 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Blue cheese and buffalo chicken?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
Blue cheese and buffalo chicken?

NOW we are seriously getting into it!!!!

Yes! ive had one like this and it was spectacular!

hmmm, now what else might be good with some bubbling blue cheese? Some bacon? perhaps even some steak strips

Oh this thread is going perfectly, that sounds like we are getting some where!!

EDIT: pesto sauce mix with red peppers - oh yes oh yes oh yes this is a combo i think is a real contender!!!!
Or maybe green pesto mix with extra garlic and basil, hmmmmmmmmm

edit on b09091003 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I know it sounds weird, but one of the best pizzas I ever had was tomato sauce, mozzarella and shaved Parmesan, capicola, prosciutto, and topped with a fried egg over easy. Pop the yolk, spread it around the pie a bit, and chow down. I thought the waiter that served it was crazy until I did it and took a bite. It really was great.

At home, the wife made one that was pesto instead of tomato sauce, mozzarella, topped with shrimp and mushroom. Really didn't even want to take a bite, but it turned out awesome.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
capicola, prosciutto is really amazing but i find that it burns and dries out way too easy, maybe if it was thrown on half way through baking though.

I find the characteristic succulent taste of those fine meats is lost after 10 minutes on heat, might as will just use bacon or plain ham.
edit on b5050937 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Blue cheese, mozzarella, garlic and thinly sliced strips of flash pan steak strips is sounding pretty bloody good right now, maybe with a finely sliced onion, perhaps even prefried in some oil to give an extra flavor twist.

Oh yeah, unless anyone comes up with anything genius im making this.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Tomato and garlic with a bit of fresh basil for those that don't want meat and for the meat peeps I like bacon, feta, hamburger bits and onion.

Also root beer to wash it down, not a soda drinker but I love a cold root beer with my pizza.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Tomato and garlic with a bit of fresh basil for those that don't want meat and for the meat peeps I like bacon, feta, hamburger bits and onion.

Also root beer to wash it down, not a soda drinker but I love a cold root beer with my pizza.

good call.

though with fresh basil you have to add it minutes to the end, or the heat burns/boils the taste right out, common mistake.

edit: though thats more important with sauce making, a nice sprinkle of some chopped up basil before the other toppings go on, excellent idea!

edit on b03031015 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I like to add the fresh basil after it comes out of the oven it adds that right flavor.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Top contenders so far:

oil, garlic, cheese, chicken spinach, sun dried tomatoes (sun dried being massively important) feta and bacon

Blue cheese and steak strips with a herb like basil and maybe some heat from some chillies

And finally for number 3: the breakfast setup - out there and interesting.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

steak strips would be awesome

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
omg!!!!

no one even mentioned mushrooms yet!!!!

heck, theres got to be some mushrooms on a couple of these recipes!!! How did we forget those!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
-First add a small amount of sugar and some basil to your marinara base!

-You could do some tomatoes, red onion, and chicken with jerk seasoning over the mozzarella cheese, maybe add some bacon.

-Or put on the mozzarella cheese, add baby leaf spinach, artichokes, grilled squash, sauteed mushrooms, kalamata olives, tomato, and then top it off with goat or feta cheese crumbles.

-Maybe you would be more into the simple, mozzarella, fresh basil leaves, shredded parmesan, and extra virgin olive oil/fresh minced garlic to drizzle over top.
edit on 8/4/14 by SixX18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
toppings:
#1 anchovies, pepperoni, parmesan and/or bacon bits

#2 a variation:
NO sauce
pepperoni on top of dough
cheese
mushrooms, onion, ham

#3 mushrooms, green pepper, pepperoni, green olives

no sauce
cheese, spinach, gourmet mushrooms, pine nuts
[we have tried this yet, but it is on to do list.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
When I had my restaurants we put just about anything we thought of on pizza.

I do agree with the Shoe Queen that tomato and basil is the best.

When my friends come over they have their favorites as well:

Sliced potato (use yellow potatoes and boil ahead), bacon, fresh thyme, shredded cheddar, sprinkle of chives when done (no tomato sauce)
    Pesto, fresh mozz and asiago with prosciutto and arugula when it is done (no sauce)
    Boar sausage, sliced fresh hot peppers and shallots
    Smoked mozz, pear and duck bacon (no sauce)
    Breakfast pie (as mentioned) with duck egg, truffle cheese and boar bacon

You can use pretty much everything, the trick is not to overload it with toppings, every bite should have something different.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Fried-pickle pizza. Never had it, but those are my two favorite foods. Just dont know how to cook.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thirdcoast
Fried-pickle pizza. Never had it, but those are my two favorite foods. Just dont know how to cook.

you dont really need to know how to cook a pizza, just know whats safe to use (as in if its cooked and safe to eat in 10 miutes)

get a base, throw on some sauce, chuck on some preferably pre-cooked stuff and put in oven, easy!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Smoked mozz, pear and duck bacon (no sauce)

wow!!

i didnt even know duck bacon was a thing!!!!

Going to have to try that out some time

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
You forgot to mention Vegemite in the place of tomato paste!!

Or will that kill a non-Australian?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
a reply to: pheonix358
You forgot to mention Vegemite in the place of tomato paste!!

Or will that kill a non-Australian?

Not in place of, in addition to. Take the tomato paste, forget the herbs and the spices and add a spoonful of vegemite.

It actually works well. Adds a flavour all of its own, a nice one at that.

P

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join