It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jumping Jack Flash Methane ELE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Howdy! First the official link
jumpingjackflashhypothesis.blogspot.com...

PART ONE: WHAT IS HAPPENING?
The waters of the Earth are now pluming suffocating methane and deadly hydrogen sulfide, both highly flammable gases.

Ancient anaerobic bacteria and archaea that pre-date oxygen-using life are reassuming dominance on the Earth. As part of their life cycle these bacteria and archaea emit hydrogen sulfide. As a consequence, the oceans, lakes and seas have begun to plume increasing amounts of hydrogen sulfide into the atmosphere. This is an ancient extinction event. Hydrogen sulfide is the likely culprit in many if not all previous planetary extinction events.

Hydrogen sulfide is a deadly broad-spectrum poison. It is lethal to humans with one or two breaths in concentrations of 1 part per thousand. In other words, if the air you breathe is 99.9% clean and 0.1% hydrogen sulfide then you're going to be dead after one or two breaths. It is also a water-soluble gas and will contaminate water. It is a heavier-than-air gas so it will tend to seek out low-lying areas such as rivers, lakes, seas, oceans, valleys, ravines, ditches, quays, bays, gorges, canyons, basements, underground facilities, etc. It is also highly flammable and is reactive with numerous substances, including (but not limited to) copper, rusty iron/steel, nitric acid, and sodium hydroxide.

At very low concentrations hydrogen sulfide is said to smell like 'rotten eggs'. However, you should not count on being able to smell it at any concentration beyond the trivial as it paralyzes the olfactory sense and if you can smell it at all then the smell will fade rapidly. That does not mean the danger is gone! At medium-high concentrations some people say that it can smell 'flowery' or 'sickeningly sweet'. I have smelled that odor myself, when a septic worker had a sewer lid open and was pumping excrement into the sewer from porta-potties. (I got as far away from there as I could before I took another breath.)

Though it is a heavier-than-air gas, hydrogen sulfide is nevertheless being blown up into the upper atmosphere sometimes, where it is reacting away both the ozone layer and hydroxyl radicals. The loss of the ozone layer will probably eventually result in lethal levels of UV radiation baking the surface of the planet. The rising UV levels are already damaging DNA and RNA and causing increases in the frequency of genetic defects such as albinism and polycephaly (two-headedness) and genetic chimeras.

The loss of hydroxyl radicals means that atmospheric methane will last considerably longer in the atmosphere than it normally would, since hydroxyl radicals would normally mitigate the methane. Which brings me to...

Methane clathrate deposits in the oceans around the world are now dissociating (melting), flooding the atmosphere with increasing amounts of methane, which is a highly flammable odorless gas. Natural gas is primarily comprised of methane. The methane releases alone would probably be enough to eradicate human civilization from the surface of the Earth. This is called the Clathrate Gun Hypothesis.

We are getting both hydrogen sulfide releases and methane releases. This is likely the same scenario that killed off most life on Earth during the Permian-Triassic Extinction Event, also called 'The Great Dying'.

PART TWO: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

The simple answer is: heat. The ancient anaerobic bacteria and archaea that produce hydrogen sulfide as part of their life cycle like warm environments that are rich in biomatter and devoid of oxygen. The warmer the waters of the Earth become, the less oxygen they can hold. For years we have been told about 'dead zones' spreading throughout the oceans. That's what 'dead zones' are: hypoxic (low-oxygen) or anoxic (no-oxygen) areas.

In recent years we have seen many large-scale oceanic die-offs with millions of fish bubbling up dead. Often these events are blamed on 'low TDO levels'. TDO stands for 'total dissolved oxygen'. In other words, we've been told that life in the oceans is dying because of low oxygen levels. Well, that's precisely the environment that the ancient anaerobic bacteria and archaea that emit hydrogen sulfide love. The corpses of the fish are themselves biomatter and those bacteria and archaea will eat those corpses, essentially turning dead fish into poison gas, which then kills more fish, and so on - a chain reaction.

Where is the heat coming from? There are two obvious possibilities: from above or from below. It's actually both. First, the ice started melting around the planet. Whether that was because of human pollution or cycles of the Sun or galactic alignment or whatever else is irrelevant, at least to me. I would be hesitant to blame humans too much though, since this has all happened before when no human beings existed at all.

In any case, as the ice has melted, vast quantities of mass - quadrillions of tons - have self-relocated from land to the oceans. Water is an interesting substance in terms of mobility. In solid form it is more or less immobile, but turn it into liquid and it moves by itself, heading downhill. As that mass has made its way to the oceans - where the Earth's crust is thinnest - we have witnessed a rising number of quakes and volcanic eruptions. An older theory of mine, the Theory of Mass-Induced Seismic Amplification, or MISA Theory, explains this in a bit more detail. To summarize, MISA Theory - which was retrospectively corroborated in late 2012 by one of the best university geology departments on the planet - says that as land-based ice melts and that mass moves to the oceans, faults and volcanoes in or near the oceans that are close to tipping points will be pushed over the edge and this will result in more earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, especially in the oceans and near coastlines.

(Interesting aside: notice when MISA Theory was published, on Chistmas Day in 2010, and note that I mentioned Japan prominently in the third paragraph. What happened just 2.5 months after I published MISA Theory? Japan was hit by one of the biggest quakes in recorded history. And where did that quake occur? Right off the coast.)

If you've been paying attention to large quakes and volcanic eruptions over the last few years, you can see that MISA Theory is proving itself before our very eyes - there have been many many large oceanic quakes and volcanic eruptions near coasts or underwater in the last few years. We hear less about the subsurface volcanic eruptions, because either we don't have enough 'eyes' around the world watching the volcanoes 20,000 feet underwater, or because those that know what's going on simply aren't telling us.

It is probably these oceanic volcanic eruptions that are adding large amounts of heat to the oceans as magma moves closer to the surface, but these volcanic eruptions were themselves caused by the relocation of enormous amounts of mass from the thick continental plates to the thin oceanic plates as the Earth's ice has melted away, and that melting was probably caused by heat entering 'the system' from above. This increase in oceanic heat is what is both dissociating the methane clathrate deposits and expanding the viable habitat for the ancient anaerobic bacteria and archaea that produce hydrogen sulfide.

The website author does daily event updates. Lots of interesting obscure news to be found, whether you agree with the hypothesis or not.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Being honest... Not one of the topics on ATS and elsewhere concerning "game over" scenarios rattle me in the least.

But I can't even read about methane release.Can't handle thinking about it. Too scary, don't want to know. I'm sure it's real, but there is ZERO benefit for me to read about it. Makes my heart race too bad...

Anyways just wanted to share, thanks for your thread but... eyes closed this time!

Long live the good people...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

I find this very interesting, however, I attribute the volcanic activity to the Earth's reaction to recent solar activity. This up-kick in geo-thermal activity is probably what is melting the ice.

If you ask me, I think our planet has been gradually expanding at a steady pace for about 4,400 years (as our planet obsorbs, "metabolizes" and neutralizes ejected solar matter); but something in the cosmos is making the sun freak out. When the sun freaks out, it ejects matter at a faster rate, therefore expansion begins to accelarate. The most recent explosive expansion of our crust was recorded as Noah's Flood. I think our next explosive expansion will occur in 2023. Between now and 2023, I would expect to see more violent activity coming from the Earth.

S&F

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It's a gas gas gas!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Good OP, but you forgot to mention the declining phytoplankton:

Scientists have discovered that the phytoplankton of the oceans has declined by about 40 per cent over the past century, with much of the loss occurring since the 1950s. They believe the change is linked with rising sea temperatures and global warming.

Link

The study, published in the journal Nature, is the first analysis of its kind and deliberately used data gathered over such a long period of time to eliminate the sort of natural fluctuations in phytoplankton that are known to occur from one decade to the next due to normal oscillations in ocean temperatures, Dr Worm said. "Phytoplankton are a critical part of our planetary life support system. They produce half of the oxygen we breathe, draw down surface CO2 and ultimately support all of our fishes." he said.

edit on 3-8-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I couldn't agree more.

I personally ascribe to the Hercolubus theories. There is more volcanic activity going on right now than in recorded history. With 95% of the volcanoes being underwater, this is just another cause of the oceans being super heated.
This superheating of the deeps will eventually drive any type of Godzilla-like beasts from the depths and onto our shores. Fukushima & nuclear tests in the ocean are only furthering these creatures (and our own) mutations/evolutions.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

This superheating of the deeps will eventually drive any type of Godzilla-like beasts from the depths and onto our shores.

Its funny you say that, I believe that the ancient Nephilim King, Apollyon, and his army will rise from the center of the earth through a volcano in mid October of 2016....the Leviathan Rising.

Its aslo interesting how the Book of Revelation says that 1/3rd of the waters will become poison. Perhaps this is the hydrogen sulfide at work.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

I've gotta go with you on this one. I think I will just try to forget this one too. But if you are like me, it will just come back to visit somewhere in my dreams.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Not so much my dreams as my late night ponderings, looking up at the stars while smoking too many cigarettes...

... And I'm worried about methane?

edit on 3-8-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

Everybody dies, I choose lung cancer!

Though, I'll probably get killed in a seemingly random explosion or EQ/building collapse. I pray to see Planet X taking up 3/5 of the sky in my lifetime, & I will stand atop the destruction gleefully exclaiming "I told you so."

The actual website doesn't really do any doom and gloom, and there are some very interesting explosions around the world every day. The author notes and comments are always the best part.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Like I'm gonna pass this chance up.

SnF for the new doom.
edit on Rpm80314v562014u38 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Methane release, has been known at least since the 70's. I remember an American oil rig engineer, who explained this, concerning the Bermuda triangle. This was also proven in various laboratory experiments, to be a scenario where both planes and ships would perish.

These gases, are kept frozen in layers of the ocean bottom, by pressure. They break off, from time to time ... through earth motion, and go to the surface. As the go up, they melt and become bubbles of lethal methane and hydrogen sulfide. As they do, fish die, ships sink ... and aeroplanes disappear.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Bring it on

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Why no plastic or rubber based balloon/tarps a couple hundred yards in diameter are not in place above large leaks sites with conical tops like circus big tops w/ attachments to funnel the methane release into refine able processes sitting above sea floor a few feet as to not suffocate and take the fuel and use it are not in play

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

They would have to admit there's a large scale problem & then actually coordinate on multiple fronts for something like that to be in use.

top topics

join