It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collapse at Gatwick causes Ebola scare.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Yep...that was my point.

I'm sure they are doing both.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

I've been thinking that what if someone did have the Virus but the Authorities have been told not to disclose any such info to the British Public for fear of panic and unrest!

Could easily be done and many people would be none the wiser walking around in London or indeed at the Airport!

Why they still havn't closed down all flights to and from Western Africa is beyond me. Should have done so a Month ago at least.

There are many coming and going from Nigeria/Lagos anyway and that is a major hub.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Not sure how many of you have actually been to Nigeria through Lagos so will give you a brief description of airport.

There are no screening facilities and all suitcases are searched by hand unless you are meeting somebody important - in which case you just bypass all the security and walk straight through (on the way in and on the way out)

The chap I was meeting (business) just waved at me and lifted the rope and I ducked under and walked straight out of airport into waiting car. (he had paid the required bribes)

Once you are in Lagos itself or surrounding cities lets just say it was a real eye opener and I feel VERY lucky that I wasn't born there.

I would hazard a guess most other countries in that area are similar in their security (ie there is none)

Admittedly was maybe 4 or 5 years ago I was there but doubt much has changed since then - BRIBERY was rampant and how all those in 'power' seemed to make a living.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I think if she had tested positive, there would be no way the authorities could keep it a secret, because they'd have to haul in every single other person on that plane, and their immediate families, for testing.

And in this day and age, there is absolutely no way any government authority could keep that quiet.

Now, now, let's not go being practical here! We're in the middle of an ebola conspiracy! You're supposed to join in the FEAR! (just kidding!) This is the first ebola thread I've read and I can't believe how much people seem to WANT this to be a real threat to the world and even think the government is going to use it to kill off a bunch of people. I guess that's a conspiracy board for ya. It's more like making up a scary story than denying ignorance, critical thinking and finding the facts.

I do think we should stop all flights out of the area until this is contained.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Anyone who has ever had pneumonia will tell you how fast and deathly sick you can get from nowhere.

I was living in Northern Virginia in 2001 when the anthrax outbreak happened making people sick and killing them. We left our mail in the mail box for two weeks! The mail lady was putting the mail in the boxes with a face mask and gloves on. We finally decide to open the bills only over the burn barrel outside. Everything else went in there to be burnt off. That was a very stressful time in life.

Some mail carrier in our town who worked at the Sterling Virginia Post Office got sick. His government health care was so bad he could not afford the ten dollar each pills! He left with out buying the pills and got extremely sick for the following three months. He was in our hospital the same night we had to take our son in to the ER for an acute ear ache. This is how fast and personal germs can become. It is scary. Anyone who makes light of this has no experience from being very ill, or losing a family member to cancer.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I bet this "Ebola" is just a one more distraction, one more reason for fear, one more reason for increasing control, one more reason for more restrictive laws, one more reason to divide and distant human individuals.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
A relative of mine just went through Gatwick on the very day that David Cameron had the Cobra meeting,and stated that all the border/airport people were "prepared" for anyone with the virus-well my relative said there was no sign of even those hand held body temperature scanners,and that NONE of the airport staff were wearing any gloves or masks.

So thats well prepared then..
And what about folks who may have the virus,but are yet to show symptoms?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

The fact that Planes are still flying in and out of that area is really baffling me. I want to know why that area is not a no-go area right now??
edit on CDTMon, 04 Aug 2014 13:14:38 -05000000003101x138x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I hear you loud and clear T.
Why risk contagion in other major population centers?

Humans really are mastering the art of the gigantic cock up these days aren't we?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Yes. We or I should say 'They' are.

So much going on right now in the World.

Planes going missing. Planes being shot down. War in Gaza. Bombs going off in Libya. Terrorist attacks in China. War in the Ukraine. Ebola outbreak.

I'm sure I've missed something.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Came back to this thread, because of the discussion about testing.

Isn't it interesting that the CDC in the NY case says:

According to a CDC spokesperson testing for Ebola takes 1-2 days after they receive the samples. The primary testing is PCR. This is performed on blood that has been treated to kill and live virus. So far CDC has tested samples from around 6 people who had symptoms consistent with Ebola and a travel history to the affected region.

Link.

Still wonder how this one was so quickly and definitively dismissed.

edit on 4-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There could be a lot of conditions that could cause that to happen. There was no testing done yet and that should be done to find out if she did have it. Keeping the workers quarantined might not be a bad idea to lessen the chances of spreading whatever she has. It shouldn't take long to do a test for Ebola, maybe a day or two.

Edit, I see someone did post that it probably wasn't Ebola. Seems a little too quick to me.

Thrombosis would be a good guess.. Long flight, sitting still in one spot not moving around.

The clot probably went straight to the brain and caused a stroke.

But this story dose highlight the sort of mass hysteria and panic this virus will cause. Soon, simply having a head cold will be cause for isolating people.
edit on 4-8-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I was not surprised to read you comments. I rather suspect that us Brits, were we to face a serious outbreak of a disease, will find that the only preparations are for the royal family and government's protection and the rest of us lowly serfs - can cope the best we can .

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well,today British Airways has announced it has suspended all flight to and from west Africa-about time.
I hope other air craft operators will do the same.

www.independent.co.uk... -soars-to-almost-900-9648408.html

Hopefully not shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted..
Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The British Government needs to stop twating about and suspend travel to Liberia Guinea and Sierra Leone. I Know it will hurt there economy's but they had since February to take this seriously. It not worth the risk to our Airport staff and health workers.

Plus I like my cat 4 organisms in Africa

Sure I don't mind them evacuating British nationals who have got infected. But unrestricted travel now NO.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
People who have the virus but are not showing symptoms are in what is called the incubation period . They are not contagious says many sources. Communicability starts when symptoms start. Although sources state tbat the incubation period can be up to 20 days most people will begin to show symptoms within 2 or 3 days.
eply to: Silcone Synapse

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'm curious how they were able to say within hours that tests were negative for Ebola when the tests take days everywhere else. Anymore follow up on this?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join