It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some pictures from North East Air Museum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd share a few of the pictures I took today, I've recently got a new camera and had a few hours to myself today (a rare occurance!) so I popped along to the North East Air Museum and snapped away. One thing that struck me though was the sheer size of the Vulcan, I've seen it countless times on the tv and in magazines etc, but for some unknown reason always assumed it was the size of a regular fighter jet.

North East Air Museum

Photos Here

Edit - couldn't work out how to put the pictures directly on the page here???

edit on 8/3/2014 by ukmicky1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
To put pics in your post:

There is a single 'down' arrow at the top of the page, click it, then click 'Upload'.

Then upload a pic from your computer.

Then click the image and it will show you what to to 'Copy' and 'Paste' into your post.

And maybe consider adding something to the title more specific. "Some pictures from today at North East Air Museum"

Nice pics in that slideshow, though.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What kind of missile is that beside the Vulcan?

I was thinking Bramos but I doubt the Vulcan was loaded with Soviet missiles.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vovin

Its a Bloodhound Missile

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Its a Bloodhound Missile

en.wikipedia.org...

Ah I see. The "V bomber bases" in the Wikipedia article is referring to Vulcans?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

There were three types of V- bombers - Vulcan, Victor and Valiant

V-Bombers - all built for the RAF to a certain specification. The Valiant was "normal", the Vulcan had a delta wing and the Victor was more advanced.

Valiants had to be retired because of metal fatigue issues, Vulcans stayed in service as bombers and Victors were mainly refitted into tanker aircraft (although some Vulcans also were)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

There were three types of V- bombers - Vulcan, Victor and Valiant

V-Bombers - all built for the RAF to a certain specification. The Valiant was "normal", the Vulcan had a delta wing and the Victor was more advanced.

Valiants had to be retired because of metal fatigue issues, Vulcans stayed in service as bombers and Victors were mainly refitted into tanker aircraft (although some Vulcans also were)

Hmmm I never really knew about the Valiants or Victors. I am always amazed at such robust jet plane designs that flew only within a decade after the end of WWII.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Thank you for the pics, very nice, not sure about the Ford mundane though.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaffnot sure about the Ford mundane though.

Cheers lol, I didn't realise it had done a slide show of my whole photobucket album, in my defense though, it was the 3litre V6 ST220 version

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ukmicky1980

originally posted by: pikestaffnot sure about the Ford mundane though.

Cheers lol, I didn't realise it had done a slide show of my whole photobucket album, in my defense though, it was the 3litre V6 ST220 version

I prefer the Mercedes G4, but its rather heavy!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ukmicky1980

I remember playing football up there in the Durham County Cup one cold and miserable Sunday morning in November round about '87 or '88ish.

I too remember being quite struck by the size of the Vulcan.
Always fancied going back and having a proper look around the place but never got round to it.

Seem to recall us getting beat in a close and hard fought game with more than just a few minor altercations during the match.
But they put a great spread on for us back at their pub which was just round the corner, can't remember the name of it though. Good set of lads.

top topics

join