House votes to let banks work with pot stores and First marijuana ad in the NY Times

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
House votes to let banks work with pot stores

The House of Representatives held two bipartisan votes on Wednesday that should open the door for banks and other financial institutions to do business with the marijuana industry.

Cash for grass may be a thing of the past! Debt or credit will likely be accepted soon if this trend continues. This will help increase the states ability to tax the sale of marijuana and prevents dead-heads from carrying around wads of cash.

In one vote, the House passed an amendment that prohibits the U.S. Treasury Department from dipping into federal funds to penalize financial institutions that cater to state-licensed marijuana businesses. A second vote rejected an attempt by John Fleming, a Republican congressman from Louisiana, to reverse previously issued guidance detailing how banks can serve cannabis industry clients without breaking federal laws.

Credit cards and marijuana

According to the Wall Street Journal, Visa is treating credit card-based pot sales with a touch-and-go approach that puts the onus upon merchant banks. MasterCard says that it considers using its cards to buy marijuana as illegal.

And American Express is being proactive, monitoring weed shops trying to accept the company’s cards and blocking them.

They aren't legalizing it until they figure out a way that we can all put ourselves deeper into debt. At least with cash you could only smoke what you could afford. Now you will be billed with high interest creating the illusion of wealth that get everybody into trouble.

In other news...

Marijuana advertiser finds a friend in The New York Times

Leafly, a website that reviews cannabis and lists where to buy it, may be the first marijuana business to buy a full-page ad in The Times.

Leafly, the website behind the ad, provides information about cannabis including reviews of more than 800 strains of the drug as well as a guide to licensed stores and dispensaries. Think Yelp or Consumer Reports, but for weed.

Glad to see the awareness being spread. It will shock certain people and make others smile. At the very least we should have a choice of what we put into our bodies. The government is built on lies and deals made with Fortune 100 companies. They do not know what's best for me, you or the rest of society.
edit on 3-8-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think this is great. I'm glad to see it happening. Love the NYT ad. The more it is in the public eye, the less people will be shocked by it. People used to be shocked when a woman was shown with cleavage.

originally posted by: eisegesis
They aren't legalizing it until they figure out a way that we can all put ourselves deeper into debt. At least with cash you could only smoke what you could afford. Now you will be billed with high interest creating the illusion of wealth that get everybody into trouble.

Only if you choose to. Some people are going to get into deeper debt buying shoes. But each person is responsible for what they charge. At least you said "we can all put ourselves deeper into debt", which is exactly right. But just because we CAN, doesn't mean we should.
edit on 8/3/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Thanks for sharing would like to say you are spot on comparatively to what I'd access of it. Also that looks like in turn legalization will become more widespread because the money changers are seeing there support and profit to be made. Well, if they can pull it off to their advantage. Please be careful with the debt system if one must use it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I think this is great. I'm glad to see it happening. Love the NYT ad. The more it is in the public eye, the less people will be shocked by it. People used to be shocked when a woman was shown with cleavage.

Only if you choose to. Some people are going to get into deeper debt buying shoes. But each person is responsible for what they charge. At least you said "we can all put ourselves deeper into debt", which is exactly right. But just because we CAN, doesn't mean we should.

You used to be lucky to have more than one pair of shoes. You once had to be filthy rich to own a cellphone. Now when someone loses one, they act like a vital organ is missing. And so many people justify everything they do. EVERYTHING they do. I had to buy shoes because none of the ones I had matched the dress I bought. Give me a break.

I have a hard time feeling bad though. Obesity, our countries greatest achievement, is a symbol for excess. I don't know about you but, there are A LOT of big girls walking around lately. They call that "money in the bank" Everybody knows you got those love handles by being selfish. Deposit that money into your savings and stop depositing cheesecake into your mouth.

We are just big smelly apes with emotional toggle switches and the marketing assassins have figured out how to exploit us. A shame really...
edit on 3-8-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Thanks for sharing would like to say you are spot on comparatively to what I'd access of it. Also that looks like in turn legalization will become more widespread because the money changers are seeing there support and profit to be made. Well, if they can pull it off to their advantage. Please be careful with the debt system if one must use it.

Everything Colorado does is laying the groundwork. So much rides on whether that state can get it right. I believe My own governor here in CT even said he would pursue a path to legalization only after Colorado can develop a solid legislation after a years time. It just seems that no state wanted to be the first for fear the federal government might slap a mini sanction on their behind.

Lets just be clear, if the federal government really didn't want ANY form of legalization at all, there wouldn't be any. I am beginning to think it is being given to us through a carefully planned control scheme. What happens when you put a pacifier into a crying baby's mouth? It shuts up. Obama can't concentrate on his putting stroke when there are too many crying babies around.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Oh the Feds will make it legal as fast as they can tax it. It is now a forgone conclusion. They just have to remove a few hurdles and laws before they can just legalize it. The congress is drooling at the thought of additional tax revenue they can use to buy your votes.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

It's true, we are programmed to have the latest gadgets, but let me tell you, we CAN avoid it. My husband makes a very comfortable living and we could have just about anything we want, but we live fairly frugally for our income. We live in a very modest home (which is paid off), we have no debt, and we don't buy anything unless we can pay cash. Everything goes into savings.

I don't know if I agree about obesity. It's actually a lot cheaper to eat the foods that make us fat (sugar, starch, fast food) than it is to eat healthily. That's one place we do spend money is on our food. It's an investment in our future.

We CAN resist being big, smelly apes and say no to the marketing assassins.
It's up to us.

Lets just be clear, if the federal government really didn't want ANY form of legalization at all, there wouldn't be any. I am beginning to think it is being given to us through a carefully planned control scheme.

I agree 100%.
edit on 8/4/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Avoiding debt? Easy enough to do.

I've had one loan in the past three years... A car loan. it's paid off. I have no other debt.

This smelly monkey finds it rather easy to do. Any other bills are for services I pay for...

Cell phone? Had one, got rid of the damned thing shortly thereafter...hate 'em.

Obesity? That's lifestyle, nothing more or less, barring some sort of medical condition. As Benevolent Heretic says above, it's easier to eat the prepared crap in the supermarket frozen case, then it is to buy the ingredients to prepare it ones ownself (OK, she didn't phrase it that way, but she's much nicer than I am...).

Grass will be legalized when ways are found to tax it. Then people will find ways to get around that, just like we do now...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have moved to a far away land in the middle of the nature and I bought 2 Acres of prime land there.I started producing my own needs and I mean all of them...Have 2 horses a couple of cattles and some sheep,with a wale full of fresh clean water to water my plants and vegetables...I also have a dog and a couple of cats along with chickens and ducks...With my sweetheart,my piano and a lap top beside me, I couldn't be any healthier and happier and i wouldn't trade this for the world......That's what i would like to say in a ten years from now.

new topics
top topics

join

ATS Live Reality Remix is on-air in 9 minutes.
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP6

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def