It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selfie-addicted Russian soldier caught in Ukrainian territory by Instagram geo-tagging

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Where was it stated they were posing as russian rebels?

According to Russia they have no forces in Ukraine.. Apparently, just like the russian claims about no russian troops in Crimea, are lies.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: VashKonnor

Its also satellite images, intercepted phone calls, rebels bragging on social media, russian soldiers on social media.

exactly!

I must also add that lots of irrefutable Tweets, Facebook status, Paths and even Google Plus posts shows obvious Russian involvement...

hey, if it's not on social media - it doesn't exist!
edit on 04America/Chicago0800000046 by demus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
All those thousands of Russian Troops fighting in East Ukraine must be some great fighters, able to evade capture and death!

Out of all the many dead and captured "Rebels", I don't recall any being held up to the journalists and shown / proven to be Russian. Instead we get laughable "evidence" from alleged Twitter and Instagram accounts!

Where are all these thousands of Russian troops allegedly posing as Ukrainian rebels, apart from in the minds of the western intelligence (I use that term sarcastically) agencies and the Kiev clowns?

The Russian units we have seen in Ukraine have all been support type. They would unlikely send combat forces as their capture could lead to a confession and they would be hard to deny although you can bet they would. Since the locals are not providing any support for the rebels they have to rely on what Russia can safely get across to supply. One of the reasons the rebels have had so little success is the locals do not support them thus what could have been a long never ending problem for Ukraine has instead been quickly driven back to the verge of complete defeat. What the Russians do about that is going to be interesting. They can not act directly because that could provoke the West and this covert support is not enough to make up for rebels failures to raise the locals in support of the cause.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I've got a felling if we put some of these avid RT watchers in the middle of it all they would still fail to see Russia's mass involvement in Ukraine's destabilisation

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: demus

hey, if it's not on social media - it doesn't exist!

People had no issues accepting the info Russian intelligence released about the recorded phone calls. People had no issues accepting that info, so why is this different? Aside from the fact the info is something pro Russians don't support.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join