It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Did It Again, Israel Strikes UN School 10 Murdered

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Ten dead in strike on school in new Gaza fighting

(Reuters) - An Israeli air strike killed 10 people and wounded about 30 others on Sunday in a U.N.-run school in the southern Gaza Strip, a Palestinian official said, as dozens died in Israeli shelling of the enclave and Hamas fired rockets at Israel.

The Israeli military said it was looking into the attack, the second to hit a school in less than a week.

In the town of Rafah, where the military has been battling militants, a missile from an Israeli aircraft struck the entrance to the school, where Palestinians who had fled their homes were sheltering, witnesses and medics said.

Gaza school attack denounced as 'criminal act' by UN chief

Ban Ki-moon calls on those responsible to be held accountable after seven killed and dozens injured outside school gates

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

edit on 3-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The answer to your question is nothing. The savagery of the Zionists knows no bounds. It says they 'are investigating the attack.' What does that even mean? In this day and age it wasn't an accident. They knew exactly what they were targeting, and they fired at it willingly. Simple as that really.

Israel is like a preteen girl. No #s given.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ethnic cleansing is never pretty.......

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Israel is punishing the UN because of what the UN said about Israels war crimes. And killing Palestinian babies, women, kids and men is just icing on the cake. The Zionists use attacks like that as intimidation. The same way they did the USS Liberty. They want people to back off while they perform their genocide and nobody is allowed to criticize them. People say Israel has a right to defend itself. Blowing up known safe shelters IS NOT defense. They know what they are targeting the same as when they murdered those kids playing ball on the beach. Why the world didn't step in right there is beyond me. When will all muslims bind together and invade Israel? Soon, I think, and no one will be able to stop it. Evil is ravaging the earth right now. Satans children are flourishing.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Maybe it would save time and newsprint if the media just waited for a day when Israel DIDN'T slaughter civilians like cattle and then THAT could be a headline.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I find it very odd that no other County is involved except the US Gov, with the Taxpayers dwindling resources.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Aaaaand once again I say not surprising at all!!
How many times can someone kick you in the nuts and be able to say "oops, t'was a mistake"!
Nitwityahoo has gone mad and the international community needs to do more than just boycott.
I can only imagine how the apologists will try to spin this one.
Once could be a mistake, twice ehh maybe 3 times NOT.
How many definitely civilian structures des this make??
Truly madness, to the Hague I say.
Maybe benny is that antichrist guy?? I wonder if the christians ever considered this?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

That is pretty much where I am at right now too. I am getting to the point where I think it is just better to bow to Israel. They clearly have no honor or restraint and are willing to go to depths that I don't wish to follow. Let them have it. This ain't worth it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me six times, shame on me.

bigstory.ap.org...

At least six U.N. facilities, including schools sheltering the displaced, have been struck by Israeli fire since the conflict began, drawing international condemnation. In each earlier case, Israel has said it was responding to militants launching rockets or other attacks from nearby.

www.theguardian.com...

In a statement, Ban called on those responsible for the "gross violation of international humanitarian law" to be held accountable. He said the "Israel Defence Forces (IDF) have been repeatedly informed of the location of these sites."

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

For anyone who may not remember, they were doing the same types of things back in 2006 when a Canadian peacekeeper (one of four) was killed while in an established UN outpost.

Harper Rewrites History: Collateral Murder of a Canadian Peacekeeper.

...the IDF had received a report from the UN Force Commander demanding that the IDF cease firing on the UN post, stating “You are killing my people.”

Before these people were killed, it was reported that Maj. Paeta Hess-von Kruedener was documenting and reporting on what he called an israeli "campaign of terror".

A United Nations military observer sent e-mails home to Canada reporting that Israel was bombing schools and waging "a campaign of terror against the Lebanese people" shortly before he was killed by an Israeli bomb in Lebanon, said his widow.

Many people believe that israel attacked the USS Liberty for the same reason.

The USS Liberty was a reconnaissance ship and israel feared that they had intercepted messages proving that israel was the aggressor in the 6 day war.

edit on 3-8-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

The defenders of Israel's actions always say Israel does have restraint because if Israel wanted to they could destroy Gaza entirely in a matter of hours.

Because destroying Gaza in one fell swoop wouldn't piss the world off or anything, but destroy Gaza in a slow series of strikes while blaming it on Hamas and the Gazan's themselves may keep the world's blinders on.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

yes, it's called the Dahiya doctrine:

The Dahiya doctrine is a military strategy put forth by the Israeli general Gadi Eizenkot that pertains to asymmetric warfare in an urban setting, in which the army deliberately targets civilian infrastructure, as a means of inducing suffering for the civilian population, thereby establishing deterrence.[1] The doctrine is named after a southern suburb in Beirut with large apartment buildings which were flattened by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) during the 2006 Lebanon War.[2] Israel has been accused of implementing the strategy during the Gaza War.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-8-2014 by donhuangenaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Perhaps if hamas stopped stockpiling armaments in schools (three so far) the Israelis would not bomb them?
As for casualties, when the Israelis phone a building to give the occupants five minuets to leave, hamas gathers any nearby civilians and sends them onto the roof, so the pilots have to abort the mission, but that is okay, is it not?
A hamas military commander, live on TV, stated then the Israelis 'phoned and gave him five minuets to leave, he gathered his family and anyone else he could grab, and sent them to the roof, a human shield, but thats okay. right?
An estimated 160 children have died building the tunnels for hamas, the concrete used could have gone to building homes and schools, also, who is paying for those tons of concrete?
All those tunels for the exclusive use of hamas, Gaza citizens are not allowed to shelter in them, but thats okay?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
When will all muslims bind together and invade Israel?

ISIS is a U.S. backed troll proxy at inciting division. "Divide and conquer". It's so there can be instability and no one will "form an alliance" to attack Isreal, saying things like "we got our own problems".

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Typical Israeli defender response. So far Hamas has stockpiled rockets in 3 vacant buildings. Perhaps even Hamas has a shred of humanity and isn't gonna store weapons in UN buildings that house thousands of displaced Gazan's.

Continue to support murder and death but only as long as the Israelis do it while blaming it all on Hamas. Because it was Hamas who made Israel fire on 6 UN buildings that housed no rockets, only people, while being warned over and over again that only people are in these buildings, right?

Ignorance...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: donhuangenaro

Interesting.

So the israelis are intentionally targeting civilians while at the same time blaming Hamas...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's horrible if the compound was targeted for no military reason.

Hamas does have a history of storing arms and firing from such "safe" areas.

We need more info as to what exactly occurred. It sucks to have to attack a place that is attacking you when there is the potential for lots of civilian casualties. My hunch is that Hamas had launched some Motars, ect from that area. Of course Hamas will deny that. Maybe some aerial recom from drones will show what precipitated the attack.

Does Israel benefit from attacking a School with for no tactical reason? They would know there would bet massive blow back.

From the sounds of it, the attack hit a place OUTSIDE of the compound. The Israelis seem to have been targeting something, other than the school proper. They could have killed a lot more people had they hit the school dead on.

Need more evidence to see the whole chain of events.

edit on 3-8-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hamas has pins to strike Israel whilst Israel has tanks and the iron dome. Time to take control, Nuke Israel.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfoot007
Hamas has pins to strike Israel whilst Israel has tanks and the iron dome. Time to take control, Nuke Israel.

See????? What a simple solution you have.

Never mind about the fallout falling on The Palestinians and Jordan.

Problem solved.

So if someone just continually breaks into your home, it's ok as long as they are less armed than you are, right? You shouldn't attack them before or while they are breaking into your home, is that correct?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Its a figure of speak, lets remember that the land is not Israel's, it was given to them from the coalition after the second world war. This was not the coalitions land to give away. It was Palestine by defacto.

I say that Palestine is defending their house, and Israel is the burglar.

Here in the UK if someone enters your house you are not even allowed to defend yourself, because if you injure the bugler he will claim assault and will win in a court of law.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join