It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE CORICANCHA AN UNFATHOMABLE MASTERPIECE OF STONEWORK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I know this is a Little Off Topic ,,,

but Here is something to see...

As this Thread is Talking about Mysterious Unexplained Structures Around The World .. of How Could They have Been Built !

and why there Is lost Knowledge ! Possible Reason ::: all Because of Intent Book or Scroll Burning or Tablet Breaking

One Example in the New World

Maya codices of the Yucatán

Maya codices
en.wikipedia.org...

Mexico and Guatemala

1562-07-12 AD Diego de Landa
en.wikipedia.org...

Diego de Landa Calderón (12 November 1524 – 1579) was a Spanish Bishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Yucatán. He left future generations with a mixed legacy in his writings, which contain much valuable information on pre-Columbian Maya civilization, and his actions which destroyed much of that civilization's history, literature, and traditions.

Bishop De Landa, a Franciscan monk and conquistador during the Spanish conquest of Yucatán, wrote: "We found a large number of books in these characters and, as they contained nothing in which were not to be seen as superstition and lies of the devil, we burned them all, which they (the Maya) regretted to an amazing degree, and which caused them much affliction." Only three extant codices are widely considered unquestionably authentic.

Yeah Thanks Spain! for Burning these Books UP ! all in the Sake of the Devil LIES! ?? WOW!
Spanish Inquisition!!

Something Like these Book that were Burned could of been.. what Scientist Would be Looking for..

To EXPLAIN These Dam Structure's of How they Got Here and Who Made Them and EVEN! HOW!

Only if they Could of Taken the Time and Tried to Decipher them!

Any How !

Here is a List...

Too Even More Piss YOU OFF !

Muslims, Spaniards, NAZIS, Hated Library's ...

List of destroyed libraries
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 4-8-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

I know, those blocks look like they where poured. But they also have a look of laser etching also. One of these days we will find out what the name of the advanced civilization that existed during the ice age.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Man that is one sturdy looking wall...wish they were still around so they could put up a retaining wall in my yard...so amazingly impressive...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I saw a thread on here a while back. Something about how stones were shaped by birds. They would find a certain native plant and grind it against the stone to create a nest.
The natives could have used the same techniques to create the perfect fit of each stone.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
yea all the ancient monuments..it s a total mystery,
because we look at it with our knowledge, our technique, our physical laws,our religion..

but obviously the "builders" didn't cut the stone the way we do, and they didn't lifted it the way we do.
+they had another relation with (space)time, because they don't built for many thousands years without a good reason to do so..+ that does seem little is wasted.

All the ancient buildings show deep understanding of many "sciences".. and not a single "tool" was found.
it is hard to make a hypothesis

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Wanna learn something about ancient building techniques?
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There are a few things that seem to defy understanding of how they were accomplished, wrt these stone monoliths and other buildings.

It's not clear how the long vertical shaft was built in the great pyramid. Lack of light and air would be problems.

The tombs at one site I can't recall right now have large stone coffins in them which don't seem to be able to fit if placed afterwards.

The top two courses of the great pyramid are problematic. Perhaps some stones were poured.

But in general, nothing is impossible for ancient peoples. Now, if the Great Pyramid was built out of one large block of magnesium, then I'd be ok with a notion like 'non-terrestrial science' was used to build them.

There are two new docos out on Netflix, by the way. One on Easter Island and one on the Great Pyramid. Check them out.

Cool thread, guys!

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Howdy

In both cases you mentioned above the coffins and shafts were constructed/placed as the tomb was being built.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here is a funny remark I read somewhere about the egyptian pyramids being built by aliens: They helped them to built these buildings but avoided to show them some decent dentistry (mummified people from that time suffered from severe dental problems).

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Matt33

Well yeah the AE ate bread made by grinding gains with rocks, the grit wore down their teeth.

The aliens also didn't teach them about germ theory and sanitation which would have been of vastly more use to them that large buildings.....

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz
"
Bishop De Landa, a Franciscan monk and conquistador during the Spanish conquest of Yucatán, wrote: "We found a large number of books in these characters and, as they contained nothing in which were not to be seen as superstition and lies of the devil, we burned them all, which they (the Maya) regretted to an amazing degree, and which caused them much affliction." Only three extant codices are widely considered unquestionably authentic.
"

Yeah Thanks Spain! for Burning these Books UP ! all in the Sake of the Devil LIES! ?? WOW!
Spanish Inquisition!!

You won't be told any of that in History class.

That's how the powers that be roll.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
These walls with that precision masonairy can be found in many places around the world.

Here is such a wall located at the imperial palace in Japan..

And at this one at Cuzco the builder is showing off his skill... or is he trying to tell us something?

The best theory I've heared is that these stones are poured or moulded into position... What I find very intriguing are these notches on the surface of some of the stones. Why do some stones have them and why some do not..

edit on 5/8/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
This is the first time I've heard of this one. It is really a stretch for me to believe this was made by primitive jungle people.

No sheet.

It's also really a stretch to call the Inca in 1450 AD "primitive jungle people," but you can't maintain the chronic astonishment unless you lie about the builders.

Harte

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

...especially in a dry mountain valley at 3,450 meters (11,250 feet)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: skunkape23
This is the first time I've heard of this one. It is really a stretch for me to believe this was made by primitive jungle people.

No sheet.

It's also really a stretch to call the Inca in 1450 AD "primitive jungle people," but you can't maintain the chronic astonishment unless you lie about the builders.

Harte

Harte,

The only problem is that there is clearly a pre inca culture that built majority of the archeological sites we see in Qosqo and in different parts of Peru.

Just came back from a 16 days trip to Peru and I saw the archeological sites with my own eyes. There is a clear distinction between inca building and pre inca and any archeologist will tell you this.

As a matter of fact we went off of the touristic beaten path and I can tell you there are archeological sites everywhere, unanswered questions rise with every step you take there. Peru was quite impressive from archeological aspects.

For the OP

I have seen Coricancha and it is absolutely impressive, the edges of the stones when you look close , the precision is remarkable. Also the Temple of the Sun there or what it used to be , because they built on top of it when Qosqo was invaded by the Spaniards, well there use to be a golden plaque that was melted , a copy of this in a smaller scale is presented inside when you visit Coricancha. This plate is impressive. The symbolism and also similarity of this plate with some of the Sumerian plates I have seen in the British Museum is quite remarkable.

I will try to upload the photos so I can post them here.

I want to add also a little story someone told us . In Qosqo they discovered not long ago underneath one of the churches a mummy that was alien looking like. The person who told us this story is from the archeological field. He also said it never made the news as facts and even he does not know where this mummy is located currently.

Qosqo area is amazing and fascinating. All the archeological sites of Tambo Machay and Sacsayhuaman.

I have couple of photos of my own I want to share. There is a certain magnetism on some of the sites because they reflected in my photography as well. Someone on the internet talked about it but i never believed it untill i saw it in my photos.

edit on 5-8-2014 by lisa2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lisa2012

The last 2 Photos in the Sacred Valley at Ollyantaytambo , around the big stones and at Machu Picchu around the big stones we got this kind of lights in our photos. both myself and my husband. It was very strange.

Some of the stepping stones at Sacsayhuaman were quite high and big for normal size people, I am surprised not one person analyzed that on the internet. There is a clear difference on some of the archeological sites as the stepping stones /pathways were for taller bigger people rather than for the small Inca size people. My husband is quite tall and even for him the stones were not easy to climb.

Also the stories the tours script are perpetuating for to the tourists do not reflect true history and the funny thing is when pointed out to the tour guides they admit that Pre Inca architecture exists on the archeological sites they discuss, and lots of the speculations out there are true in regards to the Incas and Pre Incas, but the story for the tourists never changes . Inca is entitled with all the fun and glory and this way they built a history that does not reflect reality.

As a conclusion I have to say you have to go there for yourself to see all these and then you will understand.

edit on 5-8-2014 by lisa2012 because: edit to add

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The Inca were very late to the party over 80+ cultures had risen in area of Peru many of them building with stone.

Some of the ones the Inca defeated or dealt with were the Chimú, Chincha, Cajamarca, Piura, Chancay, Chachapoya, Chincha, Chiribaya, Chucuito, Huaman Huilca, Ilo, Qotu Qotu, Pacacocha, Palli Marca, Piura, Sican, Tajaraca, Huaylas, Conchucos, Huamachuco, Rucanas, Chanka, Aymara nations, Ayabaca, Bracamoros, Huancabambas, Tallan, Huarco, Ichma, Parinacota, Kuntis, Chinchaycochas, Huarochiri, Kheswas, Tarmas, Paltas, and Camanas

One aspect of Inca masonry that confuses some is that they used four different styles which to a layman might look like different cultures built them:

Cellular polygonal masonry: with small blocks
Cyclopean polygonal masonry: with very large stones
Encased coursed masonry: in which stone blocks are not aligned
Sedimentary coursed masonry: in which stones are laid out in horizontal rows

The Inca were greatly influence by the Tiwanaku and you can see at the ruin of Tanka Tanka buildings that look Incan but are Tiwanaka - some think the Inca took the idea from them. They were also influence by the Huari styles.
edit on 5/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Inca work compared to ?????? work

image taken from here

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
These are unarguably fantastic feats of engineering -- in any age.

Thought experiment: If we took gifted engineers and mathematicians from TODAY, put them in a time machine and transported them to Incan times and tasked them to build this wall with only the tools available in the ancient past -- could they do it?

They would have at their disposal all of the labor, the logistics, and support/supply system the Incas had.

Could they do it?

I'm willing to bet they could. People make the mistake in thinking that the ancient "primitives" were somehow stupider than we are.

They weren't. Their brains were just as big and worked just as good.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: elitelogic

If they used the Inca method - telling the stone craftsmen who were once the Tiwanaka, go build that, there and in this style, they wouldn't have any problems at all. If they tried it themselves, without the requisite skills and experience they would not have been able to......or it would have taken them a long time as they tried 'trial and error'.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join