learn more

Axioms on the Path to Enlightenment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Here are some thoughts of mine about the Path to Enlightenment:

1. You must first understand the difference between faith and knowing - it is at the endless pit between faith and knowing where all discussions based on empirical evidence ends. Before you start on the part of enlightenment, you should understand this.

2. You must become self-aware; this is a mystical emotion/feeling where you sense/feel that you exist beyond you physical body, that you have always existed, and that you will always exist - even after death. This is the God-Mind - the link to the Ethernal Being which all self-aware are connected to. This is also called Awakening; not because the individual is awakened, no, but the God-Mind is awakened from Its sleep within the one that awakens It. Know yourself!

3. The only thing any self-aware being can truly know is that he/she exists - everything else is based on faith. Those that are not self-aware do not even know that they themselves exists. This is what I call the "Path to Enlightenment"; first you must know that you know nothing.

4. At the point of actual enlightenment, then the enlightened will know it all - thus there is no more need for faith to interpret once existence. This is the main purpose of enlightenment.

-MM
edit on 3-8-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

1. you can only believe what you believe, for once you know what you believe through factual and repeatable evidence it no longer can be considered belief or need to be believed.

2. I challenge this perspective. How, well run as fast as you can into a brick wall and you can be very certain that it exists. The existence of the reality in which we exist is a fact, ie remember the wall

3. You are portraying an absolute form of enlightenment which no one is as yet known to have achieved therefore it is a belief imagined to provide a sense of comfort and certainty in the hope it is achievable by those who seek it.

Thank-you WW

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

How do you even know what a brick wall is? Because someone told you so? Well, how did they learn what a brick wall was? Because someone told them, a.s.f. How do you even know that anything is real? Because someone told you that it is? Everything might be a dream or a Matrix-type simulation; uncomfortable as is one cannot really know for sure, you can only have faith that the world you perceive being real.

Simulacra and Simulation by Jean Baudrillard tells of Simulacra's; these are copies that depict things that had no reality to begin with. All our knowledge is built on other knowledge; e.g. symbols and inherited symbols in the model of a taxonomy or ontology of sorts. The problem is that the base symbols (the arche symbols) are all Simulacra's; thusly these symbols cannot support the inherited symbols and the whole taxonomy comes crashing down as the emperical evidence is not there to support them anymore. One example of a arche symbols is that "the world exists", or "time is linear", "other people exist", etc. - can you really be sure of these "facts" and that you are not dreaming it all - how could you tell the difference? How can you know that everything is not just an illusion? You cannot - all you can truly know is that you yourself exist (if you have reached self-awareness), everything else is fait.

-MM

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I think you over intellectualize the process. Enlightenment means that the mind is clear. It can't be worried about the differences between "knowing" and "believing."

The basic concept of true enlightenment is sitting down (or even standing on your head if it suits you) and clearing the mind. There is no thought. 'Course, that may take months or years to achieve. The kernels of insight that appear to you as you learn the way--if you want to trace them out--clearly show that there is no "believing" aspect as the "knowing" just comes....

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

The four primary wants of the human mind are comfort, certainty, security and stability-Andrew Parker, some book somewhere

Why, because we exist in a world full of discomfort, uncertainty, insecurity and instability, your want for certainty of course compels your subconscious mind to question your very reality, this is a necessary step to accepting the loss you perceive and directly experience within it.

It matters not if it is real or a simulation/dream, it hurts when you hit it.

Thinking that you can move through matter is wishful thinking in an attempt to avoid a reality you obviously are unable to accept. (maybe not you but those that portray these thoughts) I've been critically thinking of this for soe time now and appreciate your perspective.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun
Great insight Aliensun, much easier to think of doing than to actually achieve, which is why pharmaceutical company stocks are doing so great.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The base fear emotion which all other types of fear-emotions stem from is not knowing - the paranoia that the conciousness has from not knowing his/her existence. Thus, one of the purposes of Enlightenment is ridding oneself of fear by achiving all-knowingness. All ego actions are driven from this base fear since not knowing entail lacking control of ones reality, therefor he/she seeks power to regain control of his/her existence with the intent of reducing his/her fears.

-MM

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia
Great insight Aliensun, much easier to think of doing than to actually achieve, which is why pharmaceutical company stocks are doing so great.

I believe even ones thoughts are illusion; this because time itself is an illusion and a thought requires time as it has phases - e.g. before/after you came up with the thought. The God-Mind of the archeons (or the God-Mind of the creator of the archeons) has no past, present, or future, It only IS (e.g. It is beyond time). Before this reality was created (in lack of a better word) there was no time, but the idea of time has given birth to your understanding of it.

-MM

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Did you see the statement under my Avatar name, Control has never been the solution.

Critically look at control and you will see it is not the solution it's made out to be but the cause of the majority of our human problems.
Control by it's Universal nature is an unsustainable reaction, hence why human civilization has yet to achieve a state of balanced continuance through its instigation.
Knowledge in the pursuit to control yourself or others is a false doctrine, our present reality is living proof of this.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

Ever ones thoughts are illusion; this because time itself is an illusion and a thought requires time as it has phases - e.g. before/after you came up with the thought. The God-Mind of the archeons (or the God-Mind of the creator of the archeons) has no past, present, or future, It only IS (e.g. It is beyond time). Before this reality was created (in lack of a better word) there was no time, but the idea of time has given birth to your understanding of it.

-MM

That doctrine is a rejection of your own self, one based on the want of rejecting responsibility of your own existence.

I understand this perspective, yet have found so many unfulfilled people attempt to follow it.

It compels a pointlessness perspective of existence. Good luck if you can sustain it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I don't agree with you on the part "Those that are not self-aware do not even know that they exist"…. etc - any child who bangs their little knee knows painfully well that they exist. Our emotions and feelings teel us all that we exist.

I agree with you that faith has nothing to do with enlightenment, simply because the religious teachers don't teach this, they simply get you infront of them so they can emphasise and inbed your indoctrination of their teachings, which certainly don't move you closer to divinity, just following their orders.

Its when the mind and heart look at the body and see it as a shell and realise that everything from the body on is illusion but that there is a link back to that point in divinity from which all life has come to which we are attached and eternally belong.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

How can you expect build a solid house (e.g. a house of knowledge) on top of sand (e.g. faith). The premises for you house are not built on emperical evidence (e.g. the arche symbols are simulacrum's).

-MM

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I don't agree with you on the part "Those that are not self-aware do not even know that they exist"…. etc - any child who bangs their little knee knows painfully well that they exist. Our emotions and feelings teel us all that we exist.

Any college junior engineering student can solder together a little robot that identifies "pain" (e.g. electrical impulses) when it hits an obstacle, are you saying that these piece of plastic, copper and iron are also self-aware is it can detect pain? Simply interacting with your environment does not make you self-aware, there are creatures in this world so tiny that you cannot see them with your naked eye that can sense pain, are these also self-aware, no I believe they are not.

Don't take for granted that everyone experiences this self-aware emotion/feeling just because you do - I believe many poeple walk around like un-dead zombies not realizing that they exist until the God-Mind is awakened in them for whatever purpose.

-MM

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

How can you expect build a solid house (e.g. a house of knowledge) on top of sand (e.g. faith). The premises for you house are not built on emperical evidence (e.g. the arche symbols are simulacrum's).

-MM

Perspective MerkabaMeditation, while these arche symbols give you your sense of certainty, how can they be the way for all when they are unknown by the majority within their everyday lives.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

-MM

Perspective MerkabaMeditation, while these arche symbols give you your sense of certainty, how can they be the way for all when they are unknown by the majority within their everyday lives.

It may be the goal of the individual to be enlightened to escape uncertainty, but the reasons for the archeons creating this reality is unknown. Alas, not all people are awakened - perhaps only those are that need to for whatever reason.

You have to realize that this reality is a prison - a prison for the God-Mind. And time is the prison's walls. Once time ends (e.g. "The End of Time") reality vanishes and the God-Mind only IS.

-MM

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Ever ones thoughts are illusion; this because time itself is an illusion and a thought requires time as it has phases - e.g. before/after you came up with the thought. The God-Mind of the archeons (or the God-Mind of the creator of the archeons) has no past, present, or future, It only IS (e.g. It is beyond time). Before this reality was created (in lack of a better word) there was no time, but the idea of time has given birth to your understanding of it.

-MM

That doctrine is a rejection of your own self, one based on the want of rejecting responsibility of your own existence.

I understand this perspective, yet have found so many unfulfilled people attempt to follow it.

It compels a pointlessness perspective of existence. Good luck if you can sustain it.

"Rejecting one self" is not what I mean - it is not that you don't exist, but that you are part of a greater whole. I believe that accepting that you are part of a wholeness is part of what happens in the Enlightenment process, thus you will fully know that there is only one God-Mind and the Ego does not exist outside of this "fake" reality. It is not something to be afraid of, but rather comforting since you have never lost anyone that you loved - they are all part of you and you are reunited with them at the point of your Enlightenment, thus you will never be alone again.

-MM

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Knowing is a human activity, where we look over the available information and arrive at certain conclusions. There's no such human activity called "truly knowing". Before you can understand the difference between faith and knowing, you must understand what faith and know mean. We can know plenty of things.

We do not exist, nor ever have existed, beyond the physical body.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

i have never once seen a baby crawl through a brick wall or fly out of the crib either for that matter!

i do believe in enlightenment i have had weird things happen pursuing it but you will never run through a wall in physical body.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism

Knowing is a human activity, where we look over the available information and arrive at certain conclusions. There's no such human activity called "truly knowing". Before you can understand the difference between faith and knowing, you must understand what faith and know mean. We can know plenty of things.

We do not exist, nor ever have existed, beyond the physical body.

I should use the Greek word for knowledge, Gnosis, as no word in English (to my knowledge) has the meaning that I want to convey. I'm not talking about intellectual knowledge (eidein), but of personal knownledge (gnosis).

Gnosis is a feminine Greek noun, which means "knowledge". It is often used for personal knowledge compared with intellectual knowledge (eidein)

-MM

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I can offer some axioms of my own (not to say I came up with them on my own).

1) Anything and everything is/can be true.

2) Anything and everything is/can be false.

3) You can't intellectualize the transcendent.

4) You have to stop thinking so hard, or thinking at all, to really see what is in front of you.

5) Turn your sensory experiences inward and feel around inside your body for your heart. When you can feel where the heart energy is inside you, focus on that and try to live inside it.

Little known fact: your heart has neurons on it too. They don't work in the same way as the ones in your brain, but they are definitely there and serve a purpose. Your heart is also in constant electromagnetic communication with the EM field around your brain. The EM field around your heart is the strongest of your entire body.

<<   2 >>

join