It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Needing Advice on E Cigarettes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

I use Ecto American flavored tobacco, it is pretty good

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Well I have ordered a no flavor, and a couple mild flavors in a different brand. So I'm gonna see how this goes.

Part of this might be my throat anyway... as I cough lots in the morning anyway....

Thanks guys for the advices!

edit on 11-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

a reply to: xDeadcowx

a reply to: Snarl

a reply to: VashKonnor

An Update to the thread.

First I want to thank ALL of you for your advice etc. I found another flavor to a no flavor helps a lot... and I am having absolutely no problem now! One of the problems I found was that I was following the advice of VashKonner on the 'how to' (puff puff puff inhale) and I personally cannot do that - no matter the flavor. But I can smoke it fine like a normal cigarette (just press the button and inhale some)... made all the difference in the world. (although a different flavor to no flavor is also a factor)

I smoked 3 cigarettes yesterday... that's amazing for me!

And this morning I was awake for two hours before I caved and smoked a cigarette, and then didn't want the entire thing, only smoked half.

This is awesome, so now I am on the road to quitting smoking!

WOOHOO!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
Congratulations! That is awesome news! I have been tempted to puff on one of my cigars this past week, when I forgot to keep my batteries charged. My cigar did not taste the same, dare I say it seemed more harsh on my throat? It amazes me that even though nicotine doesn't have it's hold on me, the habit still does.

It has been a week for me and my family has been so much happier with my vaping versus the hovering cigar smoke. I also am going to try my hand at making my own ejuice. I have the ingredients ordered and am hoping I will save even more money. My cigars were costing over $7 a day! I figure if it turns out to be too much hassle, no big money lost. It still is cheaper to vape than smoke.

Also, I have found too, that I can't just smoke one flavor all day. How about you? I have to mix it up or else the flavor begins to feel flat and vaping loses that pow. One good thing so far, I have not really experienced any extreme side effects. My morning cough is no where to be heard! I had an itchy dry skin all over my body at first and worried I was allergic...but after drinking more fluids as recommended due to PG dehydrating effect, I am feeling awesome.

Keep us updated.

PS: I agree the automatic vaping battery is somewhat annoying! Puffing to prime it seems more unnatural. I love the manual battery, simply pushing the button and inhaling. I ordered another manual battery and will keep the automatic one as an emergency back up.

edit on 8 16 2014 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

My husband drew the line at allowing me to make my own juice! He said absolutely not... we are buying it. hahahaha

I haven't tried changing flavors throughout the day yet... maybe that would be a good thing to try though! Thanks for that little tidbit of advice!

I think the habit is as much of the addiction as anything else. That is the best thing I believe about this ecigarette is that it replaces the hand thing (and so much less fattening than twizzlers! HAHAHA)

Keep me updated too about how you are doing!

edit on 16-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Well to be honest, if I had to add the nicotine to my ejuice, I may not do it myself either. Why chance nicotine toxicity levels being to high, right? Though, perhaps when you get down to tHe no nicotine level...you will feel more confident to experiment with the less chemical aspects of your ejuice.

I know for me it is definitely the hand thing but also the psychological enjoyment of blowing 'smoke' vapors. If there was just the throat hit and hand action without any exhale vapors...to be honest, I don't think it would work as well for me.

I will definitely let you know what I discover. Either yay or nay!

edit on 8 16 2014 by CynConcepts because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Well to be honest, if I had to add the nicotine to my ejuice, I may not do it myself either. Why chance nicotine toxicity levels being to high, right? Though, perhaps when you get down to tHe no nicotine level...you will feel more confident to experiment with the less chemical aspects of your ejuice.

I know for me it is definitely the hand thing but also the psychological enjoyment of blowing 'smoke' vapors. If there was just the throat hit and hand action without any exhale vapors...to be honest, I don't think it would work as well for me.

I will definitely let you know what I discover. Either yay or nay!

You could have satisfied all your requirements with a $5.00 disposable, non-nicotine Ecigarette, avoiding the chemicals and saving yourself $200.00 dollars!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You do know they make E-Cigars too, right? I'm thinking of getting a couple myself
And yeah its the smoke thing for me too LOL

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I am not sure why you are saying this to me? I am not addicted to nicotine. Over ten years ago, I used the Chantrix system to quit smoking cigarettes, it worked for me then...but then I started smoking cigars. When I asked my doctor to prescribe me chantrix again, she would not do it since my addiction was not from nicotine but the habits associated with smoking. She is the one that recommended I try vaping instead!

Through my research, disposables (one time use ecigs) would be more expensive than owning your own ecigs. The batteries I bought have a lifetime warranty! They go bad, the company will send me a replacement! Seems like the better deal to me!

Edit add: Also, using google coupons wisely, I always save 15%-50% on most of my purchases! I have yet to reach even $100 with all of my purchases I have made and they should last me at least 3 months if not more! One time disposable? I don't think so!
edit on 8 16 2014 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Yeah, I seen that but even my cigars were more feminine in nature so the ecigs appeal more to me. I was concerned that the tips would not feel right to my lips when inhaling, since I could tell immediately if I picked up one of my husband's friends cigars out of the tray! But honestly, I have not had any problems with the ones I purchased. Hooray!

I have learned though I will have to be careful with the cartomizers I use though when I use my own liquid to refill. Apparently, if not glass, some flavors are not recommended, like cinnamon and such, since it can melt or crack them! Also, with my brand, I do need to make sure my pg and vg mix are not too thick or else it will gunk up the atomizer. It has been an amazing journey researching all of this, but I realize I am also self-conscious in how I look smoking. The larger vapes seem too gaudy to me.
female (nerdy) fashion me likes the sleeker Ecig designs.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

lol... I didn't spend 200.00!

I spent 10.95 with free shipping on a CE4 EGO ecigarette with a good battery 1100mAH

then i spent 4 dollars a bottle on some ejuice... that is not 200.00. I'm a woman... I can save some money now...
plus its all reusable! Time and time again!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

This is the one I started on. It set me back $185 two years ago. I didn't see them up for sale in a quick Internet search.

The battery, on a full charge, lasts about 12 hours. The life-cycle of the battery was right around a year. None of the other parts ever failed. I get at least a month (more like 3) out of an atomizer (about $5). I'm not gonna talk about the price of the nicotine juice, because it's crazy cheap in America as to what I pay over here.

When this set of batteries go ... I'm going to upgrade. Everyone I know face-to-face, was disappointed in their cheaper initial purchases. A couple of folks who bought the exact same rig I have, tossed them as ineffective.

$185.00 for a "starter kit" that they are already planning on upgrading.

And others found this 'Cheap' kit inadequate!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The reason people were finding the cheap kit inadequate was the battery... They weren't doing their research prior to purchase... seriously. (nor their proper shopping prior to purchase...)

Now that I have mine all figured out... its working for me.. and I spent way less than of the cost of a carton of cigarettes, with enough ejuice to last me well a over a month now...

I will save tons of money, and didn't have to spend much to do it. I am very happy with what I bought, it was just a matter of figuring out how to use it and what liquid works for you...

People don't have to spend 200.00.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

People don't have to spend 200.00.

No they certainly don't.

I quit smoking using one of these non-nicotine Ecigarettes for $10.00 in conjunction with a medically tested and proven effective Nicoderm patch.

bigvapers.files.wordpress.com...

There is NO CONTROVERSY over these disposable, non-nicotine Ecigarettes and no second hand smoke to affect other people, therefore NO pending laws which might deprive tobacco addicts of the most effective tool in the fight against nicotine addiction and tobacco use.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Not everyone can use the patches. I cannot. I'm not alone. What might work for you may not work for everyone.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Not everyone can use the patches. I cannot. I'm not alone. What might work for you may not work for everyone.

Clinical studies have shown the vast majority of people CAN use Nicoderm patches.

There are no "clinical studies" for 'Vaping'.

There are lots of reasons to make ecigarettes illegal strictly because SOME OF THEM are 'nicotine delivery systems'.

I am all in favour of Ecigarettes of this type: bigvapers.files.wordpress.com... to help people quit smoking but OPPOSED to the electric pipes being promoted here under the misleading title of Ecigarette since they bear NO resemblance to a cigarette and are slipping under the radar by deliberately seeking to be regarded in the same category as the non-nicotine version which appears almost IDENTICAL to a cigarette.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I will say one thing, as to why we like to smoke.. the actual breathing in and getting a lung full of smoke and exhaling..

I don't think that part is the smoke itself btw. Its the actual excersize of going somewhere, usually quiet and sitting down and relaxing, and taking deep slow breaths in and exhaling..

that is actually what relaxation and meditation is about... I learned that when I was trying to quit using the chantix...so long as I periodically, as often as I would normally smoke, go somewhere and sit down and take deep breaths in and out for 5 or 10 minutes... I felt relaxed as if I had smoked a cigarette...

that is a big advantage smokers have over non-smokers, and usually why we are calmer... its not the nicotine its the breathing!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

yes, some of them are nicotine delivery systems the same as cigarettes are... and guess what.. they are better for you because they don't have all the other chemicals and tar and stuff going into your body... and guess what.. if you want to you can use them to slowly decrease your nicotine intake and remove that addiction and stop smoking altogether...oddly at no additional cost of trying to get off nicotine another way sine the ejuice with nicotine is no more expensive than without.....

while in the meantime... you are a bit healthier.....

Again ...the same thing doesn't work for everyone. I personally cannot use the patches....I'm glad what you tried works for you..

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Thats the same exact setup I got, cost me $45.00

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I KNOW how to shop... it's one of the things Nenothtu loves about me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join