It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten [more] dead in strike on school in new Gaza fighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Maybe this deserves it's own thread.

Reuters

GAZA/JERUSALEM Sun Aug 3, 2014 6:30am EDT

(Reuters) - An Israeli air strike killed at least 10 people and wounded about 30 others on Sunday in a U.N.-run school in the southern Gaza Strip, a Palestinian official said, as dozens died in Israeli shelling of the enclave and Hamas fired rockets at Israel.

The Israeli military said it was looking into the reported attack, the second to hit a school in less than a week.

Gaza health official Ashraf al-Kidra said at least 10 people were killed and 35 wounded after the strike near a boys' school in the town of Rafah. Robert Turner, the director of operations for the U.N. Palestinian refugee agency in Gaza, said preliminary findings indicated the blast was the result of an Israeli airstrike near the school, which had been providing shelter for some 3,000 people. He said at least one U.N. staffer appeared to be dead.

Gaza Official: 10 Dead After Strike Near UN School

In nearly four weeks of fighting, more than 1,700 Palestinians, mainly civilians, have been killed as well as nearly 70 Israelis, almost all soldiers.

Netanyahu beligerant.

Gaza crisis: Deadly strike 'at UN school in Rafah'

The Israeli shelling of the Jabaliya UN shelter last week, which killed 16 people, drew widespread international condemnation.

In the latest attack, Robert Turner, director of operations for the UN Palestinian refugee agency in Gaza, said: "The initial report says that there was some kind of air strike in a street outside one of our shelters."

[Photo from Reuters, Aug 3]

And so it goes...
edit on 8/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Waiting for their usual excuse, (weapons factory was there, Hamas misfired rocket].

Wearing as thin as their impunity.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The IDF must have something against the education system in Gaza because all the seem to do is blow up schools and before anyone chirps in with "it was used for storage/missile launches" I will ask you now for proof, not just a statement from Israel saying it, but actual proof.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

I agree with you. I hear and read a lot of rhetoric about how Hamas hides weapons in schools and hospitals, and uses women and children as shields, therefore Israel must defend itself by blowing up schools and hospitals, and women and children.

However, Israel has never proffered any proof whatsoever that this is so.

All I hear is a bunch of American Israeli apologists on TV who say that they must protect themselves against a 21st century "holocaust", so they have to keep pounding the Gaza strip with bombs until the terrorists are "gone"....and if you don't agree, you're an 'anti-semite'.

First of all, most of those people in Israel are pure European, there isn't a drop of Semite blood in them....unlike the people they are killing, who are 100% Semite, but not of the Jewish faith.

Secondly, they scream about avoiding a "holocaust", while they are involved in one. This is nothing short of wholesale genocide of a people.

Thirdly, Israel gets approximately 1/5 of the United State's foreign aid budget, and all their weapons (which are much more formidable than anything the Palestinians in their ghetto have) are American made, and paid for with American tax dollars. Therefore, every single dead and injured person in Palestine was murdered courtesy of Uncle Sugar.

However, what can one expect when AIPAC runs through the halls of government in this country, dictating our foreign policy, dictating that we write carte blanche checks for them (biggest welfare leeches we have), and way too many of our politicians hold dual citizenship with Israel?

The whole thing is utterly sickening to me.

Here come the Israeli apologists and war-mongers with excuses as to why genocide is okay in this case, in 3.....2......1......

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
They're out of steam.

Don't worry...Israel is investigating. Investigating itself. Again.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
They're out of steam.

They probably don't get paid for Sunday's, they will be back in full force tomorrow when they're back on the clock

edit on 3-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

You said exactly what I was thinking and how I feel. They're purposely wiping out the next generation so these sick Zionists can forcefully claim the meager amount of land that the Palestinians have left. It's downright disgusting that our government feeds these murders weapons to commit genocide against these people. I've been sharing my views with every single person I can reach, in a poor way to do what little I can from where I am and written my elected officials demanding that something be done to stop the bloodshed. The Israeli neglect of the views of the entire world show us how dysfunctional these people are. Only they freaking feel justified committing genocide, just like the Nazis. Freaking drives me nuts thinking about the utter hypocritical madness of the Jews.

top topics

join