It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove your God exists.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I sometimes hike in a wilderness area that is teeming with wildlife. There have been times when I've witnessed scenes
that left me awestruck. I'd readily admit it could have just been my imagination, or willful thinking, but I felt certain I sensed a power or a force that was everywhere. Just flowing through everything. (Hope that doesn't sound too new-agey or sappy)

I believe most emphatically that this stuff is not happening without some guidance, some organization, and some
design. I cannot accept that it's happening by chance, with no direction or intelligence behind it.

I like some of the terms that I've heard Native Americans use, like "The Great Spirit" or "The Almighty Spirit".
Those descriptions strike a chord with me.
edit on 3-8-2014 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

There are a number of universal constants and physical laws. What keeps these laws consistent is the law of laws, or what is called god.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I believe in 'The Divine' much like you OP. I believe the divine is something beyond human comprehension while we are in our physical form. The Divine has no creator, came from nowhere, it just IS. It is, always has been, and always will be.

I however believe we are all part of this divine. It is us. Literally made up of our combined consciousness and the consciousness of any other beings out there in the Universe be it aliens or what have you. `

There are many details which can be debated with this theory of course...

My proof however is myself, and you. My proof is all of us. Empathy, those weird moments when people FEEL a loved one die, stuff like that I also count as proof of my theory.

I have seen things in my lifetime. I have had a NDE and a couple OBE's. When I had my NDE I knew once and for all that I was an eternal being - confined to a physical shell for the time being. The purpose of this is up for debate but once again it just IS how it IS.

I have seen the machine elves as well. Helpful little buggers. They will attempt to show you things. Facts of the universe, the Divine if you will. Some of these things you can understand while visiting with them and others you will not be able to comprehend at all.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Been there mate. Doesn't sound too new agey at all....I take it as a fact. I am happy for anyone who has been able to have such an experience. Especially naturally.

Why do you think hallucinogenic substances are banned? They are basically a short cut to figuring out the universe, enlightenment, whatever you want to call it. You can reach the same place simply by living life and having experiences or through meditation.

But I digress - do not want to tread into banned topic waters.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I don't need to. If I am wrong, well then nothing ventured nothing gained. If you're wrong you'll have a long time to think about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Since you've ruled out scriptural references, miracles, and personal belief, how can anyone prove anything?

I could show you the rhetorical syllable metering found in the bible, the hisorical fulfillment of prophecies, or even tell you about the miracles that me and my family have witnessed, but you dont want to hear that.

Anyone can believe in a higher power, but here is my question for you:

Why wouldnt a higher power reveal Himself in a way that we could at least partially comprehend? Maybe not in full detail, but at least in principle.

Why would a loving Creator keep us guessing? If the truth is all important, wouldnt God deny ignorance?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

No one can prove God exists to another...

One can only prove God exists to themselves...

Seek and ye shall find

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So many awesome responses. Thanks to everyone who posted. I agree with ALOT of stuff said in this thread.

Once I'm back on my laptop and not outside bbqn I will respond to individuals.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Prove God doesn't exist.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The best way to "prove" my God exists is to advise anyone with the ability to make it out to the middle of nowhere, far away from city lights (I recommend Arizona) and just spend the night looking up at the myriad of stars that are visible...just breathe in the night air and let your mind open to the Mysteries of Creation.

That sense of wonder and awe is the best way I can describe what I personally perceive as "God"....something created that much beauty and made a conscious aspect of creation with an ability to appreciate it.

It's kind of a christian-scientist perspective, but I really don't like labels, as they tend to limit things and create confusion.

edit on 8/3/14 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

While I believe in God, I have no reason to prove he exists...However, for evidence, just look around...Flowers, birds, rainbows, mountains, etc...Not so much that they exist but the idea that somehow we as humans find beauty in and are often in awe of those things...And then having the desire to thank someone or some thing for that...

Just looking at a computer screen convinces me that God exists...Someone trying to convince me that life started out as non life seems ridiculous to me...A piece of dust eventually creates a computer...I don't buy it...I could go on for some time but this may give you an idea of how I see it...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I live in Australia, never been to the US and I dont believe that the US is a real place, just a conspiracy made up by the rest of the world to fool me.

prove I am wrong, prove it does exist

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
I live in Australia, never been to the US and I dont believe that the US is a real place, just a conspiracy made up by the rest of the world to fool me.

Visit your local travel agent, book a ticket to Australia, board plane, fly to Australia, see Kangaroos and koala bears.....

Or just pull your head out of your ***

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: borntowatch

Visit your local travel agent, book a ticket to Australia, board plane, fly to Australia, see Kangaroos and koala bears.....

Or just pull your head out of your ***

no, i dont believe in the US, get it
Travelling there is a scam to take your money, I wont pay money to get scammed, thats silly.

I want proof before I commit to be scammed.

I bet you live in Tasmania and are just pretending to be confused by the english language.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Aaaah yes, the completely rational response....

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Cant really prove it. I dont even want to get into it since i keep wanting to keep some of my ideas to myself since they are my own creation and for now as i want to keep full control over them. My concept of a god isnt as traditional.

Its not difficult to disprove certain qualities of god though.

With the state of the world god can not be all loving and all powerful both. An all loving all powerful god would end a lot of the horrible suffering here. This god if a god is either one or neither. Loving but unable to help or all powerful but doesnt care about your torrent.

Pantheism has endless physical proof but its pretty philosophical whether the universe itself should be considered a god or not.

You have to question what is a god to prove or disprove gods but its subjective.

edit on 5-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Well I believe that I am human. I believe that extends beyond the meat that walks around eating and sleeping. I also believe that I have a Father in a place called Heaven, and that my personal character and ego are what keep me from Him as even though I know He is right when he ask things of me I still desire to disobey, and many times I do. I believe that my Father gave me a way to achieve a gift known as grace. My Father has revealed this to the world in 66 books written by 40 authors over a span of centuries.

My Father is responsible for the creation of all that is. My father's witness is the creation itself. One thing that is certain is that time is a physical property of our universe, and therefore its cause must be eternal. He is the one who inhabits eternity. If you want proof of my God you'll have to study his book.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
a reply to: borntowatch

Aaaah yes, the completely rational response....

its irrational because the original question is irrational.
thats the point

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
How about this, God is supposed to be everything, the trees, the earth, the ocean and brick walls.

Now if this is not true and God does not exist then the brick wall does not exist.

Now to prove that god does not exist I ask you to run as fast as you can into that non existing god expressed brick wall and see who is right.

Atheists make up much better ways to prove god exists than believers do...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

No thats not correct at least not Christian God if thats what you mean. God in christian sense is supposed to be greater than the whole not the whole itself. God is in "it" not being "it". To be it is only in pantheism and i think or perhaps the godhead of hinduism but im not sure.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join