It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia pulls plug on 'last independent TV show'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
a reply to: DJW001

Thats because the Tatars and the Ottomans wanted to conquer Russia, what would you have done? Let them mobilise and crush Russia?

Umm, no.

Peter the Great initiated the wars between Russia and Turkey. After his "removal" from power Catherine took over and took care of business so to speak. If you checked your history you would note the agreement She signed with Turkey with regards to Crimea.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Its fragility is only seen in the geopolitical context of a domineering EU and United States ie the New World Order who will use any means to pry power and influence away from the hands of those who aren't their political lapdogs.

Putin's leadership in terms of coherency and moral outlook is the clearest and strongest in the world, while the west looks on and pretends it doesn't understand Putin like a child with its fingers in its ears going lalalalalalalala I can't hear you.
Theyre doing this for a reason and the Russian government has been cast into disrepute in the minds of their citizens, because the governments of Europe are weaker than ever, so appearing less evil than big bully Russia in the east is a last resort to win the hearts and minds of their people. Its a dangerous time. Its a facade.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

Thats because the Tatars and the Ottomans wanted to conquer Russia, what would you have done? Let them mobilise and crush Russia?

Now Russia wants to conquer Ukraine. What would you have Ukraine do?

Edit to add: I will not be pulled off topic again, thank you.

edit on 5-8-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wrong!
The Russo-Kazan wars started in 1438 after the the first khan of Kazan led tartars toward Moscow.

"In 1438, a year after the khanate's foundation, the very first khan of Kazan, Olug Moxammat, advanced on Moscow with a large army. Vasily II of Moscow fled from his capital across the Volga River, but the Tatars refused to pursue the campaign and turned back to Kazan after devastating Kolomna and the locality."
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

"Now Russia wants to invade Ukraine"

Nonsense. Russia wants nothing but for a stable Ukraine, not ruled fascists thugs funded by the NWO who commit to a global policy regime change and destabilisation.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Nonsense. Russia wants nothing but for a stable Ukraine, not ruled fascists thugs funded by the NWO who commit to a global policy regime change and destabilisation.

What does this propaganda boilerplate have to do with the fact that Russian citizens have been deprived of a fundamental right: the right to free speech?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply tao: DJW001

Are you really so narrow?
Everything to do with that! It provides context & points to the underlying motivation behind these measures. Its completely necessary to look at things this way, otherwise you are stuck with the underlying assumption that Putin is a despot like any other throughout history who wants to tighten his grip on power for no good reason. We are living in different times, & you're perceptions are outmoded, so I suggest widening the narrow scope of the discourse you commit to, if you want to understand what's really going on, and be able contribute to a meaningful discussion.
edit on 5-8-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: spelling

edit on 5-8-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

What does this propaganda boilerplate have to do with the fact that Russian citizens have been deprived of a fundamental right: the right to free speech?

They don`t want it to happen to them ?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Everything to do with that! It provides context & points to the underlying motivation behind these measures. Its completely necessary to look at things this way, otherwise you are stuck with the underlying assumption that Putin is a despot like any other throughout history who wants to tighten his grip on power for no good reason. We are living in different times, & you're perceptions are outmoded, so I suggest widening the narrow scope of the discourse you commit to, if you want to understand what's really going on, and be able contribute to a meaningful discussion.

Sooo... are you saying that nowadays being deprived of your rights is a good thing? Are you saying that the needs of the State outweigh the rights of the individual? It sure sounds like that is what you are saying.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Sooo... are you saying that nowadays being deprived of your rights is a good thing? Are you saying that the needs of the State outweigh the rights of the individual? It sure sounds like that is what you are saying.

Sooo...are you saying that nowadays something which is good for the state can`t be good for the individual ?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Not at all, I disagree with it, but i don't hold my fingers in my ears, I hold me ears to the ground. I can see both ways, and I can see why Russia has done this. Russia is under attack by the NWO for not bowing to their dominance and political engineering its as a simple as that.... Think about it, you've got the whole western world media against a single country, things needs to be done, and unfotunately theyve decided its against russias best interests to allow unlimited public freedom of expression at this time. But, thankfully this doesn't stop Russian people from talking amongst themselves unlike in the cold war days... But we will wait and see. Its sad to admit but I think it could get worse for the Russians before it gets better... But i don't think the Kremlin will get anywhere near as bad as it was in the soviet era.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

But i don't think the Kremlin will get anywhere near as bad as it was in the soviet era.

With absolute control of the Russian media no one will know, just as it was during the soviet era.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

But i don't think the Kremlin will get anywhere near as bad as it was in the soviet era.

With absolute control of the Russian media no one will know, just as it was during the soviet era.

So from now on, we all know, all anti-Russia news will be merely propaganda...

Time for you to focus on other subjects.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

So you agree with my comment or?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a reply to: BornAgainAlien

So you agree with my comment or?

News = new, as the word implies already...

...being as you say, all new(s) about Russia can`t be trusted form now on, because it`s government controlled...

...means automatically, all news coming from Russia ( not talking about the government ) now on, is now merely propaganda...

So that should stop the Russia-bashing on this forum, because there is no "trustworthy" (new) news anymore coming form Russia...

So if anyone is trying to post so called (new) trustworthy news coming form Russia (again not implying the government) to discredit Russia...

He/she is simply doing anti-Russia propaganda.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Does anyone else here find the idea of censoring the news to "protect" people a blatant attempt to turn adults into infants?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Does anyone else here find the idea of censoring the news to "protect" people a blatant attempt to turn adults into infants?

Interesting question, I personally don`t have that feeling, but I`m curious to know if there are others ?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

People will talk. I have friends in Russia. This is not the soviet era, this is the information age of inter connectivity.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Your comments have the vitality of a wet fish flapping around on concrete.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Your comments have the vitality of a wet fish flapping around on concrete.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join