It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experimental Ebola vaccine will be tested on people NEXT MONTH

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Experimental Ebola vaccine will be tested on people NEXT MONTH

• First Ebola vaccine clinical trials involving humans scheduled for September
  • Current Ebola outbreak is worst since disease was discovered in 1976
  • So far there have been more than 1,200 cases and 672 people have died
  • There is no cure and no vaccine available to treat or prevent the disease
  • Around four drugs are in the development stage in the U.S.
  • But researchers say it is difficult to generate funding to progress vaccines
  • First drug to prevent the vicious virus is two to six years off.

I'm not a huge fan of experimental vaccinations. I hope it doesn't inadvertently spread the disease further.

edit on 3-8-2014 by DantesPeak because: Typo

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DantesPeak

It'll get worse before it gets better. Fairly obvious?

I think war might be going to mess up containment attempts.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

War with whom? As far as I know we're not at war with any countries in Africa.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Know what? I'm not jumping on board with this Ebola thing at the moment.. The Fact that this outbreak started in some of the poorest countries in the world and has only killed around 800, maybe 900 people over the last 6 Months or so is not a cause for alarm bells. Yes, it's not good news if you happen to contract and I feel sorry for the people who do but I think this issue hasn't reached epic proportions just yet.

What needs to be done is educating the people in affected areas about the bats and animals that are hosting this particular disease... Common sense would knock this issue on the head.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
The Fact that this outbreak started in some of the poorest countries in the world and has only killed around 800, maybe 900 people over the last 6 Months or so is not a cause for alarm bells.

Considering the incubation period is one and a half weeks. That number actually is alarming. I think people should get educated about what Ebola is seeing how it is posing a clear threat. The CDC and WHO is taking this seriously, so should everyone else.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpintology

Considering the incubation period is one and a half weeks. That number actually is alarming. I think people should get educated about what Ebola is seeing how it is posing a clear threat. The CDC and WHO is taking this seriously, so should everyone else.

I'm not saying it isn't a threat, if it was to mysteriously make it's way across the world then yes it would be a major problem for everyone. But as of right now that is not the case. It is limited to a specific part of the world and to me educating those people in that part of the world about Ebola would make a hell of a difference.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

It is limited to a specific part of the world and to me educating those people in that part of the world about Ebola would make a hell of a difference.

Unfortunately many people in those countries are distrustful of western medicine. There are news articles citing that infected individuals are fleeing the hospitals or not seeking treatment.

That's neither here nor there though. This tread is about the vaccination that is about to start clinical trials on humans. What if these vaccinations somehow infect the participants of the trial? That shouldn't happen, but I don't trust companies who stand to make boatload of money through developing new drugs or vaccinations. If there's no outbreak here, people will have no reason to seek a vaccination. I really hope these pharmaceutical companies aren't so corrupt and devious that they would purposely infect people to create a panic so that our government will shell out the cash to buy mass vaccinations... but the world is pretty screwed up these days.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Believe this is all a false flag and that the purpose would be to enforce world wide vaccination containing death and microchips. Not obeying them ever, arrest yes, if they show up I will perform citizens arrest on those who are worse than Jack the Ripper, worse than the worst villians of history. Obey, NADA ever. Arrest. They obey us!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DantesPeak

Hey all, I recently posted on a different thread that's pretty relevant to OP's
Thought it would be good to spread what i found from a little searching

Link to thread

originally posted by: justneo
I wonder too i came across this website a couple days back was a bit shocked to read they've been doing tests years ago with very promising results.. Strange there hasn't been any of this information spoken up on msm cough cough.

But i also stumbled upon this Completed Trials

Seeing as by this they've "Completed this trial in 2010" but have not posted the results of such test

Until i came across this 2014, results finally posted
They received these results from the NIAD on June 2, 2014.
For something like ebola and other certain Viral diseases that have had multiple outbreaks over recent times why would they wait 4 years to send the results to the JID

even though websites such as More results on the study
and results posted in 2010
had these results posted for a couple years at least.

I'm sure just like many others have said something just smells much to off on this

peace.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The vaccine trials referred to in the OP are going on now. Here is a link to a Washington Post from about a month ago.
Glaxo Smith-Kline is making 10,000-20,000 doses, to be ready for delivery if it passes this safety trial, but unfortunately, there is no way of knowing the efficacy of the vaccine until it is in people on the ground in Africa.

This vaccine is made to combat the Zaire strain only.

The other problem, even if this vaccine is good at stopping infection of ebola, is that it must be kept below freezing until administered. So, they will be able to give it to health care workers, which is great, but a version of the vaccine that is stable at room temperatures, is years away. Not such good news for the general population in the ravaged countries.

Just a sobering update on the deaths associated with this outbreak, as of 15 October 2014, from the WHO. The figures in the OP are very outdated.

A total of 8997 confirmed, probable, and suspected cases of Ebola virus disease (EVD) have been
reported in seven affected countries (Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, and the
United States of America) up to the end of 12 October. There have been 4493 deaths.

WHO sitrep 1.5mb .pdf

Also keep in mind, that these official statistics are thought to under-report the true number of cases and deaths, because not everyone infected has been accounted for.
edit on 10/16/2014 by Olivine because: add a thought

Another vaccine trial began 2 days ago, in Maryland. Link
The Russians and Chinese also have candidates.
edit on 10/16/2014 by Olivine because: forgot an article

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Thank you for posting that

I wonder what the differences are between the successful trials they had during 09-2010
And the ones they are doing now....

But by reading the results from the first trial, they already came up with a decent vaccine. Weird.

new topics

top topics

join