It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holocaust Survivor Mourns What Israel Has Become

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Gabor Maté, a holocaust survivor, has published an article regarding his disappointment in Israel and its activities in Gaza. There's nothing much i can say, really. I just urge all to read the article of which he has authored:

www.thestar.com...

Here is some commentary from The Young Turks, which may be of interest to some:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Easy for a liberal, like Gabor Maté, who is living safe and secure in Canada ... to spew forth a political opinion on a situation he probably cannot relate to.

When are these biased threads going to end?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If you had bothered to read the article, you would note that Gabor Maté has actually visited Israel and the Palestinian territories.

You only consider my threads to be biased, because you sit on the other end of the spectrum. All i have done, is present the truth in most circumstances.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

More and more open minded Jewish people are joining the crowd world wide to condemn Zionism .There are lots of people in Israel and the US who critisize the actions of the Zionist regime and are totally against what they stand for...Canadian Jews are also amongst the many who despite their government's political attachment to Israel and their commitment to fulfill their desires,do oppose and sometimes risk their own jobs,life,etc...Zionism must end eventually,there are no other choices left.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It seem to me that the idea of making new Israeli hate related threads for just about every single incident that takes place in this conflict is well planned , as this gives the entire campaign the greatest effect.

I for one wouldn’t be sad if the moderators eventually acted somehow, cause this conflict is going to go on for a while. Maybe it would be a good idea to combine all these threads if that’s even possible.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

What got to me were the third, fourth and fifth words of your OP. He was a baby ... not more than 17 months of age. One cannot develop credibility from 'surviving the Holocaust' when there is tremendous doubt he has even the slightest recollection of the time.

Let's be fair.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

They will end, when the Palestinian right of return is recognised. And, a plan is formulated and given to allow them to return to their stolen land.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
www.independent.co.uk...
Etc

Biased indeed. What is "The Israel Project" intended for? Sure sounds like newspeak right out of 1984 to me.
edit on 3-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

They will end, when the Palestinian right of return is recognised, and they are allowed to return to their stolen land.

It might surprise you to find I have no problem with that at all. In fact, I'd bet when the hostilities truly end, we'll all see that come to fruition.

In the meantime, I wouldn't expect Netanyahu to yield to demands expressed by Hamas.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Israel helped to create Hamas. You are several days behind on the newer revelations. This is incremental genocide to steal land, by going in slow motion so you wont notice.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

This is an armed conflict. Territory is lost in such times.

Funny how this is all happening within the borders of a single country called Israel. Funny that there are Palestinians living outside the territories of Gaza and the West Bank who flourish in *Jewish* communities. Funny how those same Palestinians huddle side-by-side with Jews in bomb shelters when the rockets fly.

We have to remember this is not about Jews and Palestinains. It's about ideology, it's about blood feuding, and it's about the intolerance of one religious belief.

It will not be solved on these boards ... and I'm tired of hearing about it here. You will NOT see me start a thread on it, unless I'm able to be first with, "It's Finally Frikkin' Over!!"

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I am a christian with some jewish ancestry but I am pro Israel, that shamed me and made me cry, especially that little child.
Sadly though it is not like the warsaw ghetto in reverse, israel has to watch for tunnel's built not to escape but to attack them so among all the innocent who ARE dying there is a extremist network with th esole intent of killing them and ultimately it boil's down to kill or be killed.
But the old man speak's the unescapable truth and when the truth is inconveniant something is deadly wrong.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I agree. Not about the armed conflict. Israel should never have been formed. This is an occupational force and violating international law. The same international laws that formed it.

Yes, lots of threads. But discussing it, is the only way. The pen is mightier than the sword. Look at public perception. It is shifting.

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing. Stand up for what is right. Look within.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This is not an Israeli hate thread. None of them are.

This conflict was created by Israel in the first place when it illegally invaded Palestine and killed it's people. This slaughter (Not conflict) will go on because Israel wants what the Palestinians have. Land and Gas!

People call this a War. How can it be a War when only one side is armed?

And by the way you need to open your eyes and ears a bit more. Hamas is not and never has been on the Palestinians side. It's a bit obvious looking at what they do to make Israel bombard the Palestinians. Hamas is a creation of Israel

I hate Israel because it is a rogue Terrorist State hell bent on the murder of innocent people. It resembles Nazi Germany more than any other country.

I don't hate Jews. I hate the Terrorists of Israel.

Big difference. As in all the threads that people think are hate threads are not!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hilux1996
This is not an Israeli hate thread. None of them are.

This conflict was created by Israel in the first place when it illegally invaded Palestine and killed it's people. This slaughter (Not conflict) will go on because Israel wants what the Palestinians have. Land and Gas!

People call this a War. How can it be a War when only one side is armed?

And by the way you need to open your eyes and ears a bit more. Hamas is not and never has been on the Palestinians side. It's a bit obvious looking at what they do to make Israel bombard the Palestinians. Hamas is a creation of Israel

I hate Israel because it is a rogue Terrorist State hell bent on the murder of innocent people. It resembles Nazi Germany more than any other country.

I don't hate Jews. I hate the Terrorists of Israel.

Big difference. As in all the threads that people think are hate threads are not!
Right on dude,,the Palestinian leaders are all Israel's puppets as much as their buddies holding key positions in a lot of other places around the world.They are just there to co host the evil scenarios produced by the Zionists...Women and children die again,,prices go up and down,,people get busy thinking about orchestrated events and conflicts instead of being concerned about the real problems that are surrounding most of us all around the world,,some make big bucks,,and the show goes on.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I'd give that a million stars if could.

Netanyahu and others ultimately need to be arrested and relieved of power.

The man is a despicable wretch!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: helius

But each topic is seperate!!!

This is a singular subject reflecting the thoughts of a holocaust survivor...

& I bet when I read on there is still a massive "if Hamas didn't..." crowd ready to derail the thread as they do with most topics concerning the conflict...

Other things happen besides what Hamas do, and ATS is the perfect place find out...

So I have to disagree, lumping all these threads together would be terrible!!!

Peace helius!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

This is an armed conflict. Territory is lost in such times.

It used to be that way not anymore. Since WW2 the annexing of land by force is against international law. By law every bit of land Israel has stolen should be returned to Palestine.

Funny how this is all happening within the borders of a single country called Israel. Funny that there are Palestinians living outside the territories of Gaza and the West Bank who flourish in *Jewish* communities.

Let these communities become under constant blockade and harassment like Gaza and let's see how much they flourish.

Funny how those same Palestinians huddle side-by-side with Jews in bomb shelters when the rockets fly.

Anyone with half a brain seeks shelter when it is available. Do you expect them to not seek shelter?

It's about ideology, it's about blood feuding, and it's about the intolerance of one religious belief.

Until the Zionist started showing up the Jews and Muslims got along fine in Palestine. So the blame doesn't go to religion it goes to an extremist political ideology.

I'm tired of hearing about it here. You will NOT see me start a thread on it, unless I'm able to be first with, "It's Finally Frikkin' Over!!"

Nobody is forcing you to click on any of the links are they? Don't click on any and your problem is solved.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

What got to me were the third, fourth and fifth words of your OP. He was a baby ... not more than 17 months of age. One cannot develop credibility from 'surviving the Holocaust' when there is tremendous doubt he has even the slightest recollection of the time.

Let's be fair.

An anecdotal tale to negate your observation/opinion, possibly. My ex-father-in-law was a Dutch "winter baby", meaning he survived the winter hunger the Nazi's imposed on the Dutch due to blockades and other nefarious but oft-used "war tactics" in 44/45 (Rotterdam). While he probably has no direct memory of that time (he was a baby/toddler), the "feeling" of urgency and desperation never left this man during his life. (He is still alive today, 70 plus something...) and he worked any and every job he could get his hands on, and overtime a plenty. Pretty much a self-educated man, he could strip, clean, repair and run any broken motor/engine you could think of, from a small car or motorbike, right up to large boat-engines; a hobby of his, in his spare time.

He could also build and repair houses. From scratch, right up to a minor repair. His daughter (my girl at the time) told me that her childhood was not completely pleasant because Dad could never say no to extra work, money, or the possibility of a better job. In other words, he was rarely at home during his working life because of the feeling of scarcity he could never quite rid himself of.

He was a small man, but a powerhouse I tried to learn from in the short time I had the pleasure of knowing him.

To use a slogan:

You can take a child out of the war, but you can't take the war out of a child.

top topics

join