It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, do you want our water?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
We have water up here in most of Canada. Could water become as valuable as oil.
Right now, California says yes.

America, hopefully you won`t invade us for water, like you have done in the middle east for oil. Mostly joking in the previous sentence. But I`m not completely sure water couldn`t become the new liquid worth invading other countries for.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

The very thought that Canada would have to suffer an invasion of Californians in search of water terrifies me.

(I'd fight for Canada if it ever came to it)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I`m not joking when I say water might become as valuable as oil in the future. Droughts are spreading globally.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Just wait until the big pipe goes through your backyard, scientists are predicting a prolonged drought for West America.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

This much is clear, look no further than the monsters over at Nestle, who for some reason believe it to be ok, to come into communities and rob them of this precious resource only to sell it back to us in toxic plastic!
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831amSunday1 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
I`m not joking when I say water might become as valuable as oil in the future. Droughts are spreading globally.

And I'm not kidding when I said I'd fight WITH you guys!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

The average mexican has a body that is 80% water. Mexicans may prove to be California's biggest natural resource.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
A professor of mine, some years ago, predicted 'Water Wars' in the future. With the fracking industry poisoning billions of gallon per day, droughts, population growth and expansion, continued destructive practices.. it's not hard to imagine. I know people keep saying 'desalination of the oceans' for fresh water.. I don't know enough about it to have an informed opinion. Can desalination remove radiation and other toxic poisoning? Maybe desalination and distillation would work for most (normal) problems? I don't know. I think it's kind of scary that water has outperformed gold in the stock market though.. hell, I think it's scary that water is even IN the stock market!
Canada, I think you are safe from US however!

(we love you guys- really! we do!)
edit on 3-8-2014 by Starcrossd because: spllng

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

We have water up here in most of Canada. Could water become as valuable as oil.
Right now, California says yes.

America, hopefully you won`t invade us for water, like you have done in the middle east for oil. Mostly joking in the previous sentence. But I`m not completely sure water couldn`t become the new liquid worth invading other countries for.

Desalination is to energy intensive to action and achieve with currently accepted methods.

But Free-Energy will change that overnight, DESALINATION is OBVIOUSLY the next big thing,the single biggest potential not suppressed on Earth.No one is cornering the market on sea-water, remember you heard it here first,whoever invents an engine that runs on Sea water will be King of the World,until free-energy and anti-gravitics mecome mainstream that is.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Not here Im afraid. Not yet.

SOuthern Europe, it should be in the 30-40 C but instead most of the summer it has been about 25, massive floodings and landslides. Our neighbour has had to evacuate their house as it is collapsing due to the waterlogged ground. We normally suffer forest fires at this time of year, the grass is usually brown and the fruits are ripening. But not now, all fruits have rotted, grass is going black (literally rotting in the ground), my tomatoes are going black, potatoes are ok but not much else.
Wheat, barley etc, all gone in this area,,,rotted.

Not sure what the consequenses of this will be.

To top it all, we now need to re-biuld the side of the house as the water has washed away the base at one side of the wall. Just found out this morning. Pfthh.

edit on 3-8-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzerThanks for the back up, Beez.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
There is plenty of untouched water under Africa of all places.

'Huge' water resource exists under Africa

Quantitative groundwater maps for Africa

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I just want some syrup.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I don't think America needs anything from Canada(please take back Beiber).lol

The earth is 75% water. How in the hell are we running out? Isn't there a way to convert salt water? And all the creeks and rivers in America.......I lol when I hear this. The problem could be solved with some money and rational thinking.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Don't worry, Canada is in no harm. Californians... A bunch of liberals and tree huggers invading a country? I don't think so...

(I mean no offense to my Cali ATS people)

-SAP-

top topics

join