It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CEO Pay Is A Massive Scam, This Chart Proves It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

"CEOs like to justify their sky-high pay by saying it rewards their work in steering companies toward better performance. But a new analysis doesn’t give much evidence to back that up.

Equilar, an executive compensation consultancy, compared the salaries of 200 highly paid CEOs to their companies’ performance based on things like profitability, revenue, and stock return. Rather than showing a clear trend line linking pay and performance, the data is scattered. In fact, chief executive pay is only 1 percent based on stock performance, with 99 percent based on other things entirely."* The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.

The CEO of my "not for profit" agency makes a ridiculous amount of money from bonuses but he's small potatoes compared to the bankers and Wall Street types.

edit on 2-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Who needs charts when you have awareness.

There is only ONE outcome to worshipping the Golden Cow
We will drown in the honeyed nectar flowing from its massive udders.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Double Post FTL
edit on 2-8-2014 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Consider how much more these companies could pay their workers, who are the backbone to their riches, if they would cut some of these CEO's pay and benefits in half! These CEO's are not God's, and their managing ability is no better than someone managing a small successful business.

I've always said the majority of CEO's and upper management are too far removed from their employees. Most of them have never worked from the ground up and have the least understanding of the day to day operations and positive or negative morale climate of their own employees. The worker on the floor knows more about how to improve their product and operations than most managers. They deal with it on a daily basis. They hear and see what managers don't see, yet most managers and CEO's wouldn't dare asking their peon workers feedback or implement their ideas.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Of course there is no reason for the pay disparities... it's because they can and all of us let them.

Elitism... making up reasons why one group or person is better or more deserving than others is simply behind most every evil committed or allowed to happen there's been.

Certain folks have achieved singular, wonderful things... but always because of the efforts of someone else... somewhere down or across the chain of humanity. No man is an island.

But even IF one of these CEOs or uber rich has discovered something singular or something to benefit everyone all by themselves, is it then right, in the larger scheme of things, to take such a lion's share of the collective pie? Especially taking that share while someone suffers or dies from want?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The same can be said, perhaps more so about professional athletes. Yet, we keep watching the games, commercials, and buying the products they sell. If we really want to change thing we can - stop buying crap Apple products, stop watching million dollar athletes lose games, stop buying the products they sell. Seems easy enough, but, then we won't be cool like the media tells us.

Start thinking for yourself ...the biggest obstacle to overcome!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

I like you. I often say that the 2 single most detrimental factors to humanities survival are the Entertainment Industry & the Sports Entertainment Industry.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Many CEOs are highly educated tricksters that use their prestige to deceive stockholders into thinking they are doing well on their investment. The fact is that many of them reinvest the stockbrokers money into risky situations to show company growth. Dividends would be a better payback but that would mean that the corporation would actually have to give it's investors some money back. Most of these big deceitful corporations don't even have real assets to sell to pay back investors if they collapse. Some of these are very big scams, some of our most impressive, too big to fail corporations.

Belief of the public is all that keeps some of these corporations afloat. These corporations take big risks just to look good and some are causing a destruction of the countries economic stability. Belief of the stockholder in these scams is what keeps them going. Do we really need their products in the first place? They made us believe we do.

The devil would have you believe a lie. The devil is a word for deceit. Now, if you believe something will make you money but there is risk, that means you are believing in deceit, deceit you createin your own mind and parrot off to others because of your belief
edit on 2-8-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
The same can be said, perhaps more so about professional athletes. Yet, we keep watching the games, commercials, and buying the products they sell. If we really want to change thing we can - stop buying crap Apple products, stop watching million dollar athletes lose games, stop buying the products they sell. Seems easy enough, but, then we won't be cool like the media tells us.

Start thinking for yourself ...the biggest obstacle to overcome!

oh and rock stars and actors.

i just saw an article on jamie oliver, the 39 yr old cook from the uk.
he is estimated to be worth 240 million pounds.
employs 3500 people.

he is opening a place here in HK.

he shoulda stayed in the kitchen, huh.

btw, i wonder what he pays his dishwashers.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

Athletes are paid employees with real talents, so that is ok with me that the owners have to share their profits.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The Most Ruthless, Sociopathic and Heartless are todays CEO's. Only out to please their Investors to keep them at the helm.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The worker on the floor knows more about how to improve their product and operations than most managers. They deal with it on a daily basis. They hear and see what managers don't see, yet most managers and CEO's wouldn't dare asking their peon workers feedback or implement their ideas.

Ain't THAT the truth!!

Especially those companies that have "open door policies" - any worker can talk to any manager at any time.

Yeah. I got burned by that. Working as a supervisor for a staff of 75, and I saw exploitation and health issues - reported them to my "boss" -
then I got written up and systematically shut out of any say in ANYTHING -
afterward, I found an entire fat file folder of emails I'd sent to my manager (not the "Boss", who was the department executive) - which manager had at one time told me "Don't email me with problems!" - with her hand-written responses (never given to me, just catalogued)....that folder she had left ON HER DESK - I accidentally discovered it while looking for something the staff needed when she was NOT THERE.

That was my job - to pass problems on the floor up to management....
I told her I needed to email things because then I KNEW that I had let her know, and usually she was NOT in her office (definitely not during the first 3 hours of my work-day, at a company that runs 24/7/365), and that being a visual person, once I write something down I have a paper path/proof that I DID notify management (which was my responsibility)...

Ugh. Anyway, I realized that their "open door policy" was a scam, when in reality I was being "documented" in order to "discipline" and eventually let me go - so I quit.

Open door policy? No. Rat-on-yourself policy. They don't want to hear it.
My staff loved me, by the way. THEY were the ones who cried on my last day...who made me a cake. NOT the bosses.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
@ OP:
Awesome thread. Thanks for the video.
I hope every member reads it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Any being who shows up everyday to an enterprise should accrue ownership in that enterprise. The very idea of wages is more similar to the abuses faced under slavery than it is to what a truly liberated and prosperous being should look like.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A couple of things one should consider on the matter.

1. The high pay is to give the impression to others, both in the company and outside, that they CEO is good. Illusion is valuable.

2. That pay would not be going to the slaves. The assumption that if the CEO made less the workers could make more is PR delusion. That money would go to shareholders.

3. In most huge companies the CEO is a flack. His job is not to run the company but to take the bullets for those who do. Jamie Dimon of Chase is an idiot, he couldn't find his way out of a bathroom without help, but he is a perfect figurehead for the company. In order to take that precarious position you need to be paid a lot.

4. This is nothing new, it has been going on since fiat currency was invented.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Your experience is not that uncommon in the workforce. A similar situation had happened to me.

top topics

join