It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel owes Hamas and Palestine an apology

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Israel owes Hamas and Palestine an apology.

Why?

Because Israel directly blamed Hamas for the 'kidnapping' of an IDF officer, and proceeded to murder over 150 people as a result.

That soldier, Hadar Goldin, was found to be killed in action.

Israel on Sunday declared dead a soldier feared abducted by Hamas Islamist militants in the Gaza Strip and said it would continue to fight even after the army completes destroying cross-border tunnels used by Palestinian fighters to attack its territory.

It was determined that Hadar Goldin, 23, the soldier Israel had feared Hamas militants abducted on Friday, was killed in action during an operation in the southern Gaza Strip, an army statement said.

goo.gl...

Of course, it shouldn't be surprising to see Israel point fingers, considering they done the same regarding the kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teenagers. Hamas kidnapped neither, the three teenagers, nor the IDF officer. And for that, Israel owes them, and the people of Palestine, an apology.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I wouldn't hold your breath.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyGoo

I'm not.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I imagine that apology will be forthcoming ... right after Hamas apologizes for breaking the ceasefire and killing that guy and the other two.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

If Israel apologizes......................................

I would like an apology from the whole world for the amount of stupidity that exists.
I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery.

Grow up

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

My current healthcare provider wrote me a detailed apology letter about the bailout of the banks, and it was signed by the CEO so I think you can stfu.

(this is a very respectful troll/anecdote)
edit on 2-8-2014 by Eunuchorn because: Clarity

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You're so right!

Poor Hamas.

Everyone should apologize to them. They didn't kidnap him, they only killed him.

I mean clearly that merits an apology.

Unbelievable what makes a thread these days.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It was just simply more israeli propaganda, they know what they are doing.
They also know the worlds patience is disappearing fast.
The propaganda machines are on fire keeping up with the atrocities.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think people took my words way too seriously, haha.

I don't expect Israel to apologise. I was using the statement as a figure of speech...

That said, Israel constantly gets away with acting without evidence. We saw it with the West Bank crackdown, and we saw it with the operations in Gaza.

I may not have been serious regarding my statement about an apology, but i am dead serious about Israel's actions.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Sure, no problem, but only after Hamas apologizes for almost 30 years of terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I imagine that apology will be forthcoming ... right after Hamas apologizes for breaking the ceasefire and killing that guy and the other two.

Do we really know who broke the ceasefire though?

From my understanding, Israeli and Palestinian fighters ran into one another during an IDF tunnel operation. How are we to know who fired first? The simple fact is that we will never know who truly broke the ceasefire.

What we do know, is that after the incident occurred, Israel moved on Rafah, and Hamas resumed rocket attacks.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It will never happen .. not to mention an apology is bloody worthless it wont bring back the dead ... nor does it make murder ok ...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever
Sure, no problem, but only after Hamas apologizes for almost 30 years of terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians...

I think it's safe to say that there won't be any apologies made, lol...

Seriously though, both sides have engaged in activities of which could be considered 'terrorism'. It's just a shame that neither side will cease their activities, and find better solutions to settling their dispute.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I agree.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
It was just simply more israeli propaganda, they know what they are doing.
They also know the worlds patience is disappearing fast.
The propaganda machines are on fire keeping up with the atrocities.

Yep.

They'll use anything to justify their actions, even if there isn't any evidence. I thought it interesting how the UN and USA jumped on board with Israel, especially with the lack of evidence. I suppose i shouldn't be surprised though.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever

Then Israel can apologize for the 60 plus years of terrorist attacks on Palestinians.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The simple fact is that we will never know who truly broke the ceasefire.

Israel broke the ceasefire. During a ceasefire no hostile military actions are allowed to take place. Destroying tunnels is a hostile military action.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Oh, i agree. I was referring to that specific incident though. Perhaps i should have clarified. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

It's very simple. If Hamas stops firing rockets into Israel, stops building underground tunnels to commit acts of terrorism, and renounces their charter, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. If all of that doesn't change there is no hope for everlasting peace.

I saw a fascinating interview with former Israeli prime minister Shimon Peres the other day, and he was oddly optimistic about the prospects for peace and an inevitable two state solution, provided that Fatah can become the governing body for all Palestinians; in the West Bank as well as Gaza. He said that Mahmoud Abbas is the ideal partner to negotiate an everlasting peace treaty, and under those circumstances, with the assurance of security, that Israel would be willing to make concessions.

I don't think many people here realize this, but the PLO (Fatah) was the very first (and only) Palestinian governing body to actually recognize Israel's right to exist, and that was a fairly recent development in historical terms. The problem is, Fatah does not represent all Palestinians, because it's currently divided geographically as well as philosophically.

There has to be a unified, diplomatic representative of the Palestinian people as a whole that is willing to discuss a two state solution before the notion of an everlasting peace can even be entertained.

Israel obviously can't negotiate with an entity that is sworn to it's destruction.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The simple fact is that we will never know who truly broke the ceasefire.

Israel broke the ceasefire. During a ceasefire no hostile military actions are allowed to take place. Destroying tunnels is a hostile military action.

The terms of the cease fire were explicitly stated by John Kerry during his press conference, which included the IDF's ability to continue dismantling the tunnels.

There is a disconnect between the political and military factions of Hamas, and that resulted in a violation of the ceasefire on their part.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join