It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found an article about a new found bible, thought this might be interesting to share with you guys

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
What exactly do you want to know?
True Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

You must remember the 'world' was a lot Smaller than what we know today, also 40 days and 40 nights is just like saying 'It's rained for days' or 'It's been forever and a day'....not literal. There is also ample evidence of massive floods in that region especially. New Last Year
edit on 3-8-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: newincubus

It all depend's on how old it is, was it a true gospel of barnabas kept by the syriac orthodox church which is the church founded by the OTHER apostles and grown out of the messianic first century jewish synagogue who do and did accept him as the son of the most High, if so why was it lost or even ignored by them, they were never part of the conclave of nicenea and there teaching's are almost identical to the orthodox and catholic churce except they hold there catachysm in Arameac as well as write in arameac.

I think it is more likely up to 1500 years old and probably written about the ninth century, there were a lot of rewritten bibles which where retro edited by muslim scholars to be more as they believed accurate to the koran, in fact I agree this is probably a relgiously inspired fake (fake is subjective as to those that believed and wrote it they though they were writing the truth since they were islamic devotee's).

There has been a raft of these book's appearing lately, now even though I do think this is a later work dating after the time of the foundation of islam it is a heretical work but nevertheless an important document, I would dearly love to see some expert's on both first century gramma and seperate dating of both the material, the glue used to adhere the gold leaf and any glue in the gold matrix as I think it may even be a much more recent forgery possible constructed for the antiques market.

Remember the family who worked out of there back garden shed here in England who hood winked the university's of the world with there art forgery's, true artists nevertheless and a good but very expensive laugh.
edit on 3-8-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
a reply to: knoledgeispower

You must remember the 'world' was a lot Smaller than what we know today, also 40 days and 40 nights is just like saying 'It's rained for days' or 'It's been forever and a day'....not literal. There is also ample evidence of massive floods in that region especially. New Last Year
a world flood is a world flood, doesn't matter if the world was smaller back then. There is 0 evidence of a world flood.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why in the hell would god desire to have a perfect man crucified.

Two words, metamorphose and laminin...

“The purpose of Jesus’ death on the cross wasn't to provide fire insurance or an all-expenses-paid trip to heaven. He died and rose again so we could be made new. So we wouldn't have to stay in our trespasses and sins, tangled up by our emotions, hurts, and past disappointments. He did it so we could be ‘transformed into his likeness,’ Paul says in 2 Corinthians 3:18. No longer must we hide behind a veil of shame. Instead, with ‘unveiled faces’ we ‘reflect the Lord’s glory … with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord.” Don't be conformed to this world, Paul tells us in Romans 12, but be transformed.

The Greek word for it is metamorphoo, from which we get our word metamorphose, meaning to be transfigured or changed. It is the same word used to describe what happened to Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration. Transformation. We can experience it as well. All we have to do is be teachable. Jesus will change us. All we have to do is lay down our old lives --- and he'll make them new. You see, Jesus didn't come to make bad people better. He came to transform us into something entirely new. p 151

books.google.com...=onepage&q&f=false

“The laminin protein molecule is the major component that makes up the extracellular matrix which is also called the basement membrane. These are the sheets of protein that form the substrate of all internal organs. Laminin assist in cell adhesion and binds other extracellular matrix components together.” [Laminin Molecules Hold Us Together] The word ‘matrix’ traces back to the Hebrew word ??? ‘ema’ which means mother and comes from the root word ?? ‘em’ which means ‘glue’. Matrix is also etymologically connected to the word ‘madrigal.’ littleguyintheeye.wordpress.com...

edit on 3-8-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join