It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found an article about a new found bible, thought this might be interesting to share with you guys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
An approx. 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey, in the Ethnography Museum of Ankara.which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God, but a Prophet. The book also calls Apostle Paul “The Impostor”. The book also claims that Jesus ascended to heaven alive,If this was posted here before , there is my apology first .Pleas share your views

www.themirrorpost.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Interesting find .. though it will probably end up used to cause more bloodshed and hate as the religous add it to the rest of the barbaric primitive superstion they use to justify their actions. or theyll speed up trying to end the world ...
edit on 2/8/14 by Expat888 because: typo .. grrr.. english giving me headache ..

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: newincubus

I think the bible you posted is the same bible from my post 1500yr old bible claims Jesus Christ was not crucified- Vatican in awe

Edit: Upon further review, yes it is the same bible & article as the one I had posted
edit on 2-8-2014 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
mmm let me get my popcorn ready!
Too bad I hate popcorn

Who wants the over/under on how many times this version has been retranslated?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: newincubus
An approx. 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey, in the Ethnography Museum of Ankara.which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God, but a Prophet. The book also calls Apostle Paul “The Impostor”. The book also claims that Jesus ascended to heaven alive,If this was posted here before , there is my apology first .Pleas share your views

www.themirrorpost.com...

That makes sense considering Jesus's divinity was decided by a vote at the council of Nicea, it stands to reason that earlier versions would show up. This should be further proof that religions are bunk, sadly blind faith will win out...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Mostly, the practice of Christianity today is what I believe to be Paulism.

I wish the real followers of Christ would be glad to find out about a new old Bible found, and learn from it, but it probably will be overlooked because of religious dogma and religious indoctrination.

I'm certainly not a religious expert, but if I'm not mistaking this is a very similar interpretation of the life of the prophet Isa a.k.a. Jesus in the Muslim faith.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So I googled Paul "The Impostor" and arrived at this page which mentions a book by Jeremy Bentham, entitled "Not Paul, but Jesus" written in 1823.

I googled ".. Jeremy Bentham, Not Paul, but Jesus .." which led me to this page which has downloads of the mentioned book (digitized by Google from the library of Harvard University).

The first link makes comments regarding Jeremy Bentham's book such as

The main thesis of the book is
that the teaching of Paul is not to be considered part of the Christian religion. This thesis is founded on
the charge of imposture against Paul, but also on a strong emphasis on differences between the moral
teachings of Jesus and Paul. So for Bentham no point of doctrine that has only Paul's authority to
support it can be considered a legitimate part of the Christian religion, any more than if it came from a
man of our times.

and....

On the other hand, the episode of the conversion is crucial to the entire Christian
history, according to Bentham, not only as it describes a supernatural transition from being a
persecutor to a zealous supporter of Christianity, but especially because it led to the formulation of a
new body of doctrine, not taught by Jesus or the apostles. In these pages, Bentham refers repeatedly to
the career of Paul as a persecutor of Christians, to give a description of a treacherous and cruel
character, using more or less the same techniques that could be used in a courtroom to undermine the
credibility of a witness or a defendant.

and

Bentham argues that Paul’s goal, both before and after his alleged conversion, had always been to have the
Christians in his power, and that the version of Christianity propagated by Paul is indeed different, in
many essential points, from that given by Jesus as a historical person.

I could go on and on but it's best to read the article and then the book. Seeing as I just happened on the page and link to the book right after reading your OP, it's going to be some time before I get around to reading the book and be in a position to say more......

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: newincubus

There would appear to be more people debunking this than endorsing it

Like these people and also these people .....but what do I know, I'm just a guy with a keyboard and an internet connection

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Jesus died in or about 33 AD, theres no way that the book could have been written 2000 years ago and talk about Jesus in the past tense.

Paul died in 67AD could not be talking about him in the past tense if it is 2000 yrs old.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It's a well known blatant forgery...

The Gnostic gospels were all debunked a long time ago.

The Gospel of Barnabas quotes directly from Dante's inferno which was not written until the 1300's.

A reading of the Gospel of Barnabas clearly shows that it was written neither in Jesus’ time nor shortly thereafter, as alleged. It contains far too many historical errors. The Gospel of Barnabas contains quotations from Dante Alighieri, references to an edict from Pope Boniface, and descriptions of feudalism. Therefore, scholars place the date of authorship around the fifteenth century.

The descriptions of Palestine show that the author of the Gospel of Barnabas was not familiar with its geography. He alleged that Jesus sailed to Nazareth—an inland city. The Gospel of Barnabas says that Jesus was born when Pilate was governor, but history records Pilate becoming governor in A.D. 26 or 27—long after Jesus’ birth. Trustworthy scholars have exposed the Gospel of Barnabas as a counterfeit. Therefore, it cannot be trusted as the biography of Jesus’ life.

Should Muslims read the Gospel of Barnabas as the true story of Isa?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Its been said before by brighter lights than me....but Cristianity of today was invented at the Council of Nicea......
It sevres the Holy Roman Empire from that time...and was a binding force for the empire....

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well, according to the Vatican (who might know a thing or two about stuff like this), it's an old hoax.

vaticaninsider.lastampa.it...

edit on 2-8-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eNaR

Just marking you post so I can come back and read...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Why would god let himself get crucified. Why would god let Jesus get crucified. I do believe there was a messiah that we refer to as Jesus, but I have some definite concerns with the whole story in the bible. Maybe there is some truth to these other ancient texts.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

uhm
Because the whole story of the faith is that man became imperfect by his own decision to not follow God's direction
The faith that Moses set up with the whole sacrifice of blood for sins thing
So the ultimate way to negate Adams sin as a perfect man to imperfection is to sacrifice a perfect man for everyone elses sins

Least , that's the story since ya didn't know

X

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcouncil=wisdom

uhm
Because the whole story of the faith is that man became imperfect by his own decision to not follow God's direction
So the ultimate way to negate Adams sin as a perfect man to imperfection is to sacrifice a perfect man for everyone elses sins

X

Why in the hell would god desire to have a perfect man crucified. If anything, that part was made up to justify the lousy thing that the people of the time did to a good man. They were waiting with that excuse to destroy someone they didn't like, someone who challenged consensus of the time.

Hmmm. They would still do that today. Talk someone who does no harm into dying for others, for the good of the people. Sounds like deceitful dishonest people running this world would want someone to think a Messiah has to die to fulfill a prophesy. Boy, we get BSed so easily.

I believe in god, I believe someone they refer to as Jesus was a Mesiah, filled with the holy spirit. The rest, look at the possible reasons for the rest.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Xcouncil=wisdom

uhm

X

Why in the hell would god desire to have a perfect man crucified. If anything, that part was made up to justify the lousy thing that the people of the time did to a good man. They were waiting with that excuse to destroy someone they didn't like, someone who challenged consensus of the time.

Hmmm. They would still do that today. Talk someone who does no harm into dying for others, for the good of the people. Sounds like deceitful dishonest people running this world would want someone to think a Messiah has to die to fulfill a prophesy. Boy, we get BSed so easily.

I believe in god, I believe someone they refer to as Jesus was a Mesiah, filled with the holy spirit. The rest, look at the possible reasons for the rest.

The bible is just a moral of the story kind of book, not a factual book. There's "events" in the bible that we have no evidence to show ever happened, like the global flood for Noah & The Ark. (rained for 40 days & 40 nights)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Yup, I realize that. I also realize that someone in the past has twisted some parts of it to condition people to follow certain royal families..

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Jesus could have just been beamed up by a bright light back to his spaceship that happened to leave a cross shape of light beams.

Translation + Translation / normalcy bias * (time period translated) Square Root(time period translated) + political agenda = the Bible

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

This Gospel of Barnabas might not have the same wording as suspected fakes (media article might be making a presumption) nor mention coming messiah. If it is authentic and dates to the Barnabas that traveled with Paul, should be an interesting read, as Barnabas was one of the 72 Apostles.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join