It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime and Punishment in the Gaza Strip: Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

We finally got a rare glimpse of the embattled Gaza Strip and a chance to see what life was like under the rule of Hamas. In 2007 we tried and failed to get into Gaza through the Israeli-controlled Erez Crossing. Back then the rival Palestinian factions of Hamas and Fatah were engaged in a bloody war for control of this tiny strip of land. Hamas won. When the post-Mubarak government of Egypt decided to start letting small numbers of folks into Gaza through their Rafah Crossing, we knew we could finally enter the region.

I watched this last night and thought everyone should see this to get a better understanding of what it's like on the strip from a first person point of view. A very close and personal account with Hamas and civilians while the film maker takes you on a journey through the world's largest outdoor prison camp. Discussion about the network of smuggling tunnels from Egypt which bring everything from Luxury cars & potato chips to exotic animals & copious amounts of drugs. Also, a look at the teen pharmaceutical pill epidemic used to numb away the pain of the atrocities brought on by their occupiers. The video is a year old so I would imagine all the markets and the majority of homes seen in this documentary are most likely reduced to rubble and the pain amplified 10-fold. A must watch video for the skeptic and sympathizer alike. I give it
out of 5

ETA: added bonus footage of what appears to be a Lexus? pulled through a smuggling tunnel

edit on 2-8-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

join