It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NYPD is COMPLETELY out of control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
I don't see any issue except that the woman was naked. She should have been covered immediately.

That part of the incident does seem particularly cold and indifferent. Someone made a decision at some point to do something about her condition or not, and the rest went along with it.

It would be nice to think they note these small things in the files of the cops involved, like they note every passing contact for a random ID check on the street with something like a field investigation card. If a pattern never forms, then no harm done. If one does then this is the kind of pattern they need to pick up on for careless disregard of basic decency with people.

There are a good many people likely to be upset for a good period over someone's bad judgement.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I agree but just saying they don't show such balls going after street crime.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
"“There were no injuries to the child as alleged in the complaint,” the lawyer said."

So they knock on the wrong door, drag the lady out.. all this crap happens.. they try to take the kid.. he resists.

In the end they are all charged with assaulting the officers. That's nice.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
NYPD done gone israeli on the kid it seems.

Lol.. thats a good one.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CoolStoryMan

There's perfectly good scientific explanation for this. It's called, addicted to drama. No joke. Cops probably develop more neural receptors for adrenaline and drama inducing hormones than any other regular person. Without some kind of bull#, they go into a crash and need to feed off each other to regain their high. Notice when the camera man was yelling "it's not right", they all start coming down...the tenant was a downer and killed their buzz.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

There's perfectly good scientific explanation for this. It's called, addicted to drama. No joke. Cops probably develop more neural receptors for adrenaline and drama inducing hormones than any other regular person. Without some kind of bull#, they go into a crash and need to feed off each other to regain their high. Notice when the camera man was yelling "it's not right", they all start coming down...the tenant was a downer and killed their buzz.

and quite often they come from a childhood of abuse which no doubt furthers this mindset

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: curious_soul

WTH has happened to this board. How did these absolutely foolish remarks get so many stars?

Well that's because you have a bunch of bigots here just like in the NYPD.

I had a friend join the NYPD. He seemed like a pretty cool guy before he did, but you should hear the stuff that came out of his mouth regarding African American's after he had been in the force for a while. I was really surprised to hear it. And this was coming from a Colombian guy (but he sort of looked white/Caucasian). I was really disappointed. They have a particular (secret) signal/gesture for black people. They do this whistle and then they rub the sides of their chin/cheek area with their thumb and index finger. He showed me how they do it. He also spoke about how he got a thrill when he pulled out his gun. We were no longer friends after that. I also went to a policeman's ball with him that he was DJing. I never saw so many fights break out at one party; really violent fights too - amongst police officers. I think most of them were of Irish descent as he informed..

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
And let's not forget to dehumanize the "ghetto dwellers" even more... cause no middle class white person would ever warrant such treatment ... even IF they had no choices, no nutrition, no beauty, no security, no education, no basic information on how to function in a civilized society... or rather a society that creates the situations it then violently suppresses or kills to correct... hardly a civilized one.

But really, police used to know how to handle rowdy, and/or drunk folks of any background without military control-it-all tactics. When more non-rowdy, tax payin' white people are abused, though, then there'll be a mass call for reform.

It pains me how whole communities are set up to be scape-goated by our unthinking racism and classism ... self fulfilling prophecies produced by economics to shore up egos and elitist views.

edit on 8/2/2014 by Baddogma because: more crap

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: curious_soul
a reply to: nOraKat

To all who believed the lawyer's account that ACS found no injuries to the child, check out this article from the same website.

The city’s child welfare agency is investigating the allegations of abuse against a Brooklyn mother who was arrested after she was yanked nearly naked out of her apartment, officials said Saturday.

This article was dated August 2nd, after the article originally posted.

Moral of the story, don't be so quick to believe the SUSPECT'S DEFENSE ATTORNEY and completely discount what the police say.
edit on 2-8-2014 by areyouserious2010 because: added reply

edit on 2-8-2014 by areyouserious2010 because: added reply

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: curious_soul
No, wrong again. The Administration of Child Services didn't say there were no signs of neglect or injury, the blood sucking bottom feeding lawyer claimed some anonymous person at Child Services said that. Stewart was charged with acting in a manner injurious to a child and CRIMINAL POSSESSION OF A WEAPON, but they don't want you to hear that part.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: CoolStoryMan [B]Well let's see here, the cops responded to a domestic disturbance call and saw a 12 year old girl with visible injuries to her face.[/B] The child reported to the police that 2 different family members were beating her. The entire family starts fighting the cops (as ghetto trash do) hitting and BITING, yes one officer nearly had his finger bitten off.
This family had so ingrained disrespect for society and police officers that even a 4 year old tried to fight the cops, luckily they pepper sprayed him for his own safety instead of giving him a boot to the head. Watch his criminal record grow right along with him.
Sometimes the cops are the villains, but not this time.

Except the call was not placed for that room, and that child was so injured that child services didn't find a single sign of neglect....

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It doesn't matter that the call wasn't placed about that room, the violence going on inside was enough to draw the attention of people on the outside.

Once again the only source for that "didn't find neglect" BS is Stewart's lawyer, the truth is signs of abuse were found, the 12 year old complained about being beaten by two adult members of the family, and the family is still currently under investigation by child services.

The mother has already been charged with acting in a manner injurious to a child and criminal weapons possession, with more charges soon to follow, I'm sure, upon completion of the investigation.

Are we done now?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

a reply to: CoolStoryMan Well let's see here, the cops responded to a domestic disturbance call and saw a 12 year old girl with visible injuries to her face. The child reported to the police that 2 different family members were beating her. The entire family starts fighting the cops (as ghetto trash do) hitting and BITING, yes one officer nearly had his finger bitten off.
This family had so ingrained disrespect for society and police officers that even a 4 year old tried to fight the cops, luckily they pepper sprayed him for his own safety instead of giving him a boot to the head. Watch his criminal record grow right along with him.
Sometimes the cops are the villains, but not this time.

You know what...I think you are incapable of putting yourself in someone elses shoes.

Number one...COUNT the COPS! That is the amount the send to a bank robbery a full swat team plus! Ridiculous!

Bad neighborhood? I saw people behaving like anyone else, the place looks like any common apartment in any town, not a rough ghetto full of thugs! You hear that person calmly trying to get them to realize the woman has asthma and needs her medication? You hear the guy simply asking why a Female officer is not the one all over the naked woman as would always have been procedure when we used to be respected by our public SERVANTS?

I just want to say that is someone came to my door and dragged my naked family member out into the public because they heard sounds, I would fight them, my family would fight them, and as for the "abused" girl..if she was abused she would not have fought them and kicked out their car window!

So is a whole police force showed up at your apartment and maybe someones Mother was spanking her maybe the kid was screaming because 12 year olds sometime scream and play and fight...it is the WRONG apartment...they were not called to your house, they pepper spray your baby because the child sees them attacking it's grandmother naked on the floor and fights for her!

Here is what should have happened. Two officers should have been sent, if they were scared they could have a team of backup outside. They check and make sure it is the right apartment! They knock put their toe in the door, enter and ask the Woman to dress. FEMALE officer goes with her, they stay calm and tell her the 12 year old is alleging abuse and has marks on her face(when in this mess did they ascertain this I wonder) ...they TALK. These were people, a family not wild animals, i saw no drugged out creeps only normal humans being treated like they have ZERO RIGHTS!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

and as for the "abused" girl..if she was abused she would not have fought them and kicked out their car window!

Here is what should have happened. Two officers should have been sent, if they were scared they could have a team of backup outside. They check and make sure it is the right apartment! They knock put their toe in the door, enter and ask the Woman to dress. FEMALE officer goes with her, they stay calm and tell her the 12 year old is alleging abuse and has marks on her face(when in this mess did they ascertain this I wonder) ...they TALK. These were people, a family not wild animals, i saw no drugged out creeps only normal humans being treated like they have ZERO RIGHTS!

First, about the girl kicking out the window, it's just another example of this family ingraining anti-societal, anti-establishment, ideas into the minds of impressionable children and the anger and rage that come right along with being abused. Keep in mind the child herself reported abuse and the adults have been charged, despite what the defense attorney wants you to believe.

Here is what should have happened: A quiet respectable family didn't beat their kids. A quiet respectable family isn't engaged in raucous behavior so loud it calls the attention of police on a call to a different apartment.

Maybe if only 2 officers had been sent you would have a couple dead cops to gloat over. People keep saying look at all those cops! Yep, look at the number. The family still fought them, if it had only been 2 cops they would have been even more emboldened to attack them and use the weapon for which they are being charged with criminal possession of.
Your Monday morning arm chair quarterbacking is a fail.
P.S. When you are trying to bite off someone's finger you are falling closer to the side of "wild animals" than a family of people.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have a couple things to add here:
Obviously, the police are in the wrong here. They assumed something incorrectly and caused events that could potentially ruin peoples lives. Whether or not the 12 yr. old was hit by her parents is not the issue UNLESS it turns out, that she did in fact make the call. ( I never saw if they ever found out who did make the call )
Anything that happens during a crime when a civilian commits one, is charged to the original perpetrator.
Why are these people getting charged with crimes that happened after the police initially broke the law? Their charges should be null and void because the cops were not supposed to be there in the first place.
(unless the girl did make the call)
Also, I truly believe that the police are making up the biting and cut on the chin to help cover their butts
One more thing, how is a 12 yr old girl kicking out car windows?

I can't even imagine what I would do if this happened to any woman in my family and the way some are reacting to this situation is absolutely disgusting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join