It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NYPD is COMPLETELY out of control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
As many of you know, yesterday Eric Garners death was ruled a homicide, as an NYPD officer decided he needed to choke him out because they suspected he was selling cigarettes(and i have seen him referred to as a "suspect" in some writings, disgusting)

now today comes and the NYPD just can't help themselves(this incident happened july 13th and is now starting to leak) as over a dozen cops dragged out a 48 year old grandmother, in the nude out of her apartment, and for good measure peppersprayed a 4 year old child.

Stewart's lawyer, Amy Rameau, said she was told by a Legal Aid attorney also assigned to the case that the 911 call came from a different apartment on an upper floor — and cops went to Stewart’s door by mistake.
“They manhandled (Stewart) and behaved in a deplorable manner,” Rameau said. “She feels completely mortified. This is about human dignity.”

The city’s Administration for Children’s Services was called to investigate but didn’t find any evidence of neglect, said Rameau.

“There were no injuries to the child as alleged in the complaint,” the lawyer said.

the video is pretty disturbing.

www.nydailynews.com... ium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
That is ridiculous. Why are there so many cops there for that. Closing the door when you only have a towel on is not a crime, what was she supposed to do, let a bunch of men into her apartment when she didn't have clothes on? Cops or not, that is not cool. Two cops could have handled that call appropriately.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CoolStoryMan Well let's see here, the cops responded to a domestic disturbance call and saw a 12 year old girl with visible injuries to her face. The child reported to the police that 2 different family members were beating her. The entire family starts fighting the cops (as ghetto trash do) hitting and BITING, yes one officer nearly had his finger bitten off.
This family had so ingrained disrespect for society and police officers that even a 4 year old tried to fight the cops, luckily they pepper sprayed him for his own safety instead of giving him a boot to the head. Watch his criminal record grow right along with him.
Sometimes the cops are the villains, but not this time.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse again, two cops couldn't have handled that alone, fighting an entire family (who were beating a 12 year old in the face) and having the possibility of the other residents jumping in.
When responding to calls in areas such as this (funny how the people who have all their bills payed for hate the society that pays them) you have to use the utmost caution.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Cowards, go fight some crime
edit on 2-8-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
Cowards, go fight some crime

I think the cowards were the 2 grown women beating a 12 year old girl in the face with a belt.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Around here two cops would be sent to something like that. But We do not live in an area like that.

How do you know if the actual conditions were like you say they are? Do you know the area?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If the report is correct, the lady gets what she deserved.
The police especially in NYC have been known to lie on report and are an out of control group of thugs though.
But to pepper spray a 4 year old...
How much damage could a 4 year old do?
Even the smallest of female cops could easily handle a 4 year old with no problems I'd hope.
NYPD done gone israeli on the kid it seems.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I believe that the Bill of Rights protects all Americans from unreasonable search and seizure. It is a little ridiculous to assume that seizure of a naked lady is reasonable, even if she has a deep ingrained disrespect for law enforcement. NYPD has lost all integrity, and society should assert its rights against an oppresive force. Deplorable!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

How about reading the entire article before you go off with a bunch of totally ignorant rambling. Here...I'll help you out.

Stewart's lawyer, Amy Rameau, said she was told by a Legal Aid attorney also assigned to the case that the 911 call came from a different apartment on an upper floor — and cops went to Stewart’s door by mistake.

The city’s Administration for Children’s Services was called to investigate but didn’t find any evidence of neglect, said Rameau.“There were no injuries to the child as alleged in the complaint,” the lawyer said.

WTH has happened to this board. How did these absolutely foolish remarks get so many stars?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse Let me try to answer all 3 of you in one post.
Rickymouse, yes I am familiar with Brownsville Brooklyn it's about 2 sq miles of hell with a population about 80% black with a High School graduation rate just under 30%. Not exactly a garden spot, more like a de-militarized zone.

g146541,the 4 year old was sprayed for his own protection, seriously. Ever have a 4 year old attack you? You can easily beat him up, but try putting him into a box. It would be very easy to stomp him into the ground, the difficult choice is to spray him so you don't have to.

Onthedownlow,The seizure of the woman (naked or not) is reasonable based on the following:
Police are responding to a domestic disturbance call involving children. Screaming and yelling are coming from the apartment. The suspect is evasive and attempts to close the door on the responding officer. That is reasonable suspicion to enter in order to secure the welfare of the children.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Simple really. The cop supporters are few and far in between. They do not have the balls to post themselves - so they star any pathetic comment that supports their views really.

You say people do not respect police? I wonder why......I damn near # my pants anytime a cop car is driving behind me. I do not want to be assaulted by an officer. Been there, done that. Many others as well - Just check you tube or live leak.

Also, since you seem to be pretty judgmental and all knowing - I am a white guy who pays his own bills. You do not need to be ghetto trash to see the pigs for what they are.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Are you kidding me? So you are basically saying YOU would have simply stomped the 4 year old into the ground so these police are heroes for only pepper spraying him?

What a sick individual you must be. Most people would gee I don't know RESTRAIN a 4 year old? I could hold one down with a single palm. You're twisted man!

Bah - it is no use. Individuals such as yourself are why we live in a police state currently. I digress...
edit on 2-8-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: curious_soul
I did read the whole article and two others. The woman's lawyer said there were no injuries (duh, it's her lawyer) however the state found that their were injuries to the girls face and the girl herself reported that the mother AND sister were beating her in the face with the belt.

As far as it being the wrong apartment, what a happy mistake or this girl would still be getting smacked up.

So I choose to believe the girl and the cops over the abuser and her lawyer.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype
No you are deliberatly lying and twisting my words around to further your own agenda.

Hold down the child he will bite scratch and kick you. It is easier to stomp a kid than restrain him, the unhappy middle ground is to incapacitate him for his own safety so he doesn't continue to put himself in danger by trying to squeeze into the fight.

Also another way to protect your 4 year old would be to teach him not to try to fight the police.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I will assume that you mean that the police had the right to detain the woman in question. Absent clothes and a weapon, I would argue that the officers over reached in their seizure. You seem to be arguing that some people are more deserving of such treatment, but would you be alright if your wife/mother/daughter received such treatment? Perhaps there was priors at the address with weopon charges, but I think it was pretty clear that the woman was unarmed. Ultimately, the tax payers in are going to pay the damages... regardless of whether or not the intrusion was justified. It could have been handled in a way that protected the woman's dignity, she obviously was not a threat.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: curious_soul
I did read the whole article and two others. The woman's lawyer said there were no injuries (duh, it's her lawyer) however the state found that their were injuries to the girls face and the girl herself reported that the mother AND sister were beating her in the face with the belt.

As far as it being the wrong apartment, what a happy mistake or this girl would still be getting smacked up.

So I choose to believe the girl and the cops over the abuser and her lawyer.

NO, wrong again! The city's Administration of Children Services said there were no signs of neglect or injuries as reported in the complaint.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't see any issue except that the woman was naked. She should have been covered immediately.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I support law enforcement! But my big brass ones don't make me a lawless fool, although they do make an interesting sound when they clang together.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

originally posted by: rickymouse
That is ridiculous. Why are there so many cops there for that.

You have to understand, 10 cops = 1 normal man.

A normal man could have easily handled a super "dangerous and deadly" 4yo, 12yo and a naked woman. But with cops, they would need at-least 10 to 15.

I'm surprised that they didnt deploy the MRAPs and drone bomb the broad.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join