It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's that white light in OOBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
OOBE - out of body experienc (ie astral projection, etc)

I don't consciously astral project but sometimes I would, always unintentional. But once I do, I have full control, but I don't explore yet, I just stay in my bed.

I would often see this bright white light outside my window coming from the sky during OOBE. It wasn't like a star, nor the sun, it was less brighter than the sun but much larger and pure white in appearance, if a little fuzzy/grainy in appearance at the edges with rays.

Would it be the same thing in NDE (Near death experiences)??

Sometimes I would see/feel this white light appear briefly while I'm fully conscious for example when I'm at work. Is this a bad thing or a premonition? It only started happening several months ago.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
thats not NDE light, thats some kinf of spirituao entity trying to mess with you, never try to contact these or you will be hounded for life and you will ge psychosis

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

I don't know...

Maybe you should go in it next time and tell us what it is.
Im not being facetious.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The Train??

Sorry couldn't help myself...if I see a white light I'm ducking!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i think its just a myth thats theres a white light or any light.
i've had 2 oobe's from accidents and never saw any lights.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
A light was tracking me while I had my frequent OOBE-s in the mid-80-s. FInally I was afraid to get into the state, but it got after me. Even went as far as opening the doorknob.
In another case the OOBE was transformed into a normal dream though weird: I went to the large room with the view of a panorama of the city and my dead grandfather was talking to a man with 5 eyes.
Grandpa said he would like me to finally introduce myself to his friend from College days.
The man appeared radiant, as an energy wizard. I got scared and woke up.

A few days later I got in cntact with am amateur but very thorough Jungian counsellor who advised me to face it whatever it is.

So next time whe it was coming I advanced the thought that I wanted to face this power and talk to it. It should either leave or reveal something if it was an aspect relevant to me like a distant closed energy of my own, a psychical cousin. As I thought this thought, it swiftly entered the room, and I stood up from my bed. I was facing it. It was an eggshaped light, obviously alive and very energetic, like a wild animal, but intelligent as a human.
I got scared, my heart was pumping but I quickly and instinctively thought at depth some Buddhist or Hindu thought which went like, after all, we come from the same source.

The next thing I knew the being literally jumped into me and merged with my energy. It was a fulfilling feeling and all my fears disappeared.

It never came back again separate from me and I ceased to see or hear anything frightening in OOBE states ever since that early afternoon...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
two of the responders stated it's some kind of an entity.

Now I'm spooked! It was actually thousands of miles apart between manifestations so it seems to be following me. Paranormal activity has manifested also between distant locations. At my present location, other people have been seeing some sort of fog in the room where I work and random em interference causing lights to flicker. It's office environment so it shouldn't have any fog!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
dont mess around in the astral world..

there's many denizen in the spirit world and they are not always what they looked to be..

white light beings that bring good feelings to you ? caution flag ... many of these spirits also delights in lying to human spirits..

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020
two of the responders stated it's some kind of an entity.

Now I'm spooked! It was actually thousands of miles apart between manifestations so it seems to be following me. Paranormal activity has manifested also between distant locations. At my present location, other people have been seeing some sort of fog in the room where I work and random em interference causing lights to flicker. It's office environment so it shouldn't have any fog!

why dont you read Robert Monroe's book ? when he started to do OOBE, he became more aware of spiritual manifestation including seeing ghosts and scary beings near his bed at night..

can you withstand such terror everynight ?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
i think its just a myth thats theres a white light or any light.
i've had 2 oobe's from accidents and never saw any lights.

Wouldn't mind hearing about these in a thread.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

The closest I ever got under my own volition and not in a deep sleep state OOBE, I rose only just above my body and was trying to accomplish a goal that it is best not to talk about but needless to say I had dire intent for the devil whom I blame for a lot of sorrow in my own life and was willing to pay even the ultimate price with the existance of my own soul to see that thing pay, anyway I was no more than a few inches above my body with assistance, the room looked no different to normal except for a blazing white blue light that illuminated every crevice and corner, no shadow's and it was like a blue magnesium brightness, something slammed me back into my body and I have not experienced an OOBE for the past twenty years since.

I think I may one of the few people to have given the devil a fright, but then I was deadly serious in my intent and would possible still go ahead with what I intended if the capability arose, I was slightly deranged at the time after some terrible suffering for me and my family and my reasoning was far from rational, I had the intent of dragging the Devil into the lake of fire even if I had to go in myself knowing full well what the implication's for me a person who definitely does not like pain were but I reasoned if he was gone the whole world and every one on it would be better, I thought I would be saving lives, I doubt I could have accomplished it being a spiritual toddler not yet born out of the flesh but I was intent on accomplishing it and not harming anyone else but the devil, so yes I was a few sheet's short of a full rig at the time and totally wacked out lost it, stress and pain can do that to a person.

As for the white blue light or in your case white light, well as for me it illuminated with no shadow's I think that originated from the self, or maybe it is just that the spirit see's better than the body and darkness is less pronounced, but then I was not in a spirit world but right on this plane just out of my body and not completely, oh and I rose from my forehead down which my waist and leg's still in my body before I was pushed firmly back down into it by an unseed hand.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: buntalanlucu
why dont you read Robert Monroe's book ? when he started to do OOBE, he became more aware of spiritual manifestation including seeing ghosts and scary beings near his bed at night..

can you withstand such terror everynight ?

Not every night, more like once a month on average. I couldn't stop an OOBE from happening but once I do, I have control, I mean, I could snap out of it anytime I want.

I'm not scared anymore. I used to be. I think I have become desensitized to it. But I always tried to avoid the white light even if I'm not scared of it. I simply don't trust anything unfamiliar no matter how spectacular it looks.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
the astral is a three ring circus, full of freaks that should be avoided. Find a mentor if you must explore OBE to help you set the right boundaries.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Naturally I also recommend Robert Monroe - the Columbus of these things in English. (Who knows what handbook Tibetans or Yakuts have...)
While I am on the side of caution in your intent, I think a basic trust in the processes of the Universe is a good idea when push comes to shove in the archetypal world.
Which means it is a good idea to decide and contact your own helpful Guides, and also not to touch things or entities in the "astral world". The basic thing is your Guides (you may interpret them as some deeper aspects or angels etc. I just happen to think they are basically separate spirits that also lived reincarnational lives) will do that for you or let you know if you need to do that and you can always err on the side of caution.

Pray if you have a good religion (e.g. to Christ or the Om Ah Hunga or whatever is really your brand), it does not hurt and it will make you safer.

I haven't heard of any people over four decades that I used spontaneous OBE who got into real problems by that. On the other hand, I heard and read countless accounts of people finding out interesting stuff that can be corroborated.

I think caution is exaggerated by the fearful type of religious people, not those like my grandma who was Christian and actually thought the real God was the love Jesus showed and talked about.

I think it is more dangerous to watch TV actually.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The cosmos is really multi-dimensional. For some strange reason, the human mind will take a lot of extra-dimensional phenomenon and translate them into bright lights or orbs. 99.99999999999% of spiritual entities want nothing whatsoever to do with lower dimensional creatures. Of those that do, many of them like to torment human beings, but those creatures are spiritually weak and really offer no serious threat to you once you develop more as a spiritual creature. In fact, you can bond them into slavery and force them to obey your authority once you know what you are doing. This is the foundation of sorcery. All "spells" are really actions carried out by enslaved or benevolent extradimensional beings.

Anyway, have fun. The interior world is exciting. Also, it's not really an OBE. You are always inside of yourself. What you are really doing is scrying, which is the basic power required to unlock the all-seeing eye. Good Luck.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KokatsiThe basic thing is your Guides (you may interpret them as some deeper aspects or angels etc. I just happen to think they are basically separate spirits that also lived reincarnational lives) will do that for you or let you know if you need to do that and you can always err on the side of caution.

Pray if you have a good religion (e.g. to Christ or the Om Ah Hunga or whatever is really your brand), it does not hurt and it will make you safer.

I think it's funny to think my dog often showed up in my OOBE as my guard dog. My dog is very alive and very intelligent. We never taught her anything but she figures out everything by herself including opening locked doors and can understand different languages. She keeps learning in her advanced age completely on her own and very discerning of people. I won't be surprised if my dog is capable of astral projecting. I have sometimes, seen her as a ghost in different places while I'm fully conscious. I can only see her and sometimes, myself in such manner, but not anyone else. It's probably because we are the only two who are projecting among people close to me.

I feel safe when she's around but when she's not around, I tend to cut my "trips" short. If not my dog, it's a woman dressed like a Muslim (although I'm a Christian). She teaches me things to do but often I forget.

I'll look up Mr. Robert Monroe. Thanks for the guide!

top topics

join