It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*For What It's Worth...*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So much crap going on, I swear, it can seem overwhelming.

What blows my mind is when people say there's nothing to worry about. I realize that there has always been strife but the volume or urgency to events going on in the world lately seems pretty epic, at the very least - surreal. And maybe even a little familiar?

I wonder if the same people who are saying "It's no big deal..." or "It's always been this way..." are actually holed up in their basement with tons of supplies and guns? LOL! Because whether anyone admits it or not - people are talking, even if it's just a whisper. Wondering, even if it's just a nagging doubt. Worrying, even if they aren't saying it out loud.

Anyways, here's this, I heard it today and I thought - dang...Deja Vu! What IS going down? The more things change, the more they stay the same.

There's somethin' happenin' here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
A tellin' me, I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound?
Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speakin' their minds
A gettin' so much resistance from behind

Time we stop, hey, what's that sound?

What a field day for the heat
(Hmm, hmm, hmm)
A thousand people in the street
(Hmm, hmm, hmm)
Singing songs and they carrying signs
(Hmm, hmm, hmm)
Mostly say, hooray for our side
(Hmm, hmm, hmm)

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound?

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away

We better stop, hey, what's that sound?
We better stop, hey, what's that sound?
We better stop, now, what's that sound?

We better stop, children, what's that sound?

www.metrolyrics.com...

Peace....

edit on 8/3/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
My husband and I were talking about the water situation in Toledo, OH, today and how that's just one more indication that the whole damn thing is crumbling down. All I can say at times like these is that I'm glad we don't have kids who have to find their way in this world. It's interesting to be alive to see a culture/society/country (planet?) crumbling. And I have to take the position of an observer instead of a participant, or I'll drive myself crazy worrying and trying to prevent it.

Buffalo Springfield is the first band I fell in love with at about 12 years old. That song is in my soul and forever will be... But it has a new and very real message today.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yeah, that song never fails to strike a chord. "It" is definitely on the horizon. I vacillate between uneasiness (fear) and bravery. You know what though? I do believe that profound and disturbing, heartbreaking, things are indeed coming. But I also fully believe that, in the end, the "tilt" will be reset and every little thing will be allright after all.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Although it has it's own story, that song is often played along side Vietnam footage, Woodstock etc. I wasn't born yet when it was made but I know it well, I listened to a lot of that stuff, and Zep, Crosby Stills & Nash, Neil Young, Hendrix etc in the 80's and 90's and it has always been one of those songs that is iconic and emotion stirring.

I watched a Robert Redford retrospective earlier,which included interviews from the 60's onwards, and so many times the things he said reminded me of certain aspects of my own life and so many times did I consider that it was literally like watching Brad Pitt, the similarities are so intense, he could be his father!

Anyway, I watched a bit of 'The Way we Were' afterwards, which is a movie he starred in in '73. I had watched the movie before in the 80's probably or 90's but today, even though busy so just seeing bits here and there, all the bits I did see were so 'deja vu' to me it was uncanny, from the name on the bottle of wine, I have been researching this name and the area for years, to the exact things he said and situations in the movie that stuck a chord. It was kind of weird, but nice weird, it made me smile.

Which got me thinking about life sometimes giving messages and answers in the most natural way. The expansion rate of the Universe is accelerating, the rate of human evolution is accelerating, the tech advances are accelerating, Earth is in a natural phase of accelerated warming, the last time the sun was in the position it is in now in the galaxy, dinosaurs roamed earth, there is talk of the 'quickening'.

Perhaps there is something that makes us more 'tuned in' in certain positions within the galaxy, or something from within our magnetosphere or outwith it.

The recognition of the 'Age of Aquarius' showed a shift in consciousness in the late 60's early 70's IMO. Things are cyclical, from the galaxy, to the solar system, the Earth and to all and within. The nature of reality was certainly to the fore in the music of the day of such an era which IMO was dumbed down since but is again surging, reawakening the consciousness of the sensitive.

There is 'something' going on. Hopefully that 'something' will be made good.

ultimateclassicrock.com...

edit on 2-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Great song! My favorite version:

edit on 8/2/14 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
My husband and I were talking about the water situation in Toledo, OH, today and how that's just one more indication that the whole damn thing is crumbling down. All I can say at times like these is that I'm glad we don't have kids who have to find their way in this world. It's interesting to be alive to see a culture/society/country (planet?) crumbling. And I have to take the position of an observer instead of a participant, or I'll drive myself crazy worrying and trying to prevent it.

By making the choice - "I have to take the position of an observer", you are abdicating any responsibility for your portion of the "crumbling down". It's a convenient attitude but a lazy one that will help no one least of all yourself. This is my opinion.

I leave you this to ponder, about the long view (i.e. it may get worse before it gets better)

From the Buddist Peace Fellowship:

Most dedicated Buddhists around the world take a very very long view of the process of liberation, recognizing that the inner revolution is not simply a matter of will-power but of committed ethical integrity, rigorous mind training, and deepening sensitivity to reality. Indeed, they often commit over many, many lifetimes, to cultivating wholesome mental qualities that will support them in the eventual overthrow of greed, hatred, and delusion. This long view doesn’t make people less dedicated or their approach less “revolutionary,” it means they have fathomed the magnitude of the project and are pacing themselves appropriately; cultivating both patience and determination. Essential to this view is the understanding that the humility, kindness, and wisdom that come from this path are rewards of the practice in and of themselves and to look beyond them for our motivation, to external markers that satisfy our unexamined personal and social delusions, is folly. Keeping the north star of complete liberation always ahead of us is a fundamental part of staying on the path with integrity.

There is much more of value to this disccusion in this article I've quoted.
edit on 2-8-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Only difference today is young people have no minds or thoughts of their own to speak of.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
By making the choice - "I have to take the position of an observer", you are abdicating any responsibility for your portion of the "crumbling down".

I don't agree. I could have said it much better, but I think you misunderstood my position. Or perhaps you don't know me well enough to understand what I meant. I think others here do. My belief system has a lot to do with it. I believe everything is as it should be. A couple of Deepak Chopra quotes to help out...

In my life nothing goes wrong. When things seem to not meet my expectations, I let go of how I think things should be. It's a matter of not having any attachment to any fixed outcome.

The physical world, including our bodies, is a response of the observer. We create our bodies as we create the experience of our world. ~Deepak Chopra

Basically, what is, is. How I think things should be is all in my head. And my fretting, complaining, worrying about it does no good. If I extract myself from the "worldliness", and become an observer, I can be at peace, and from that position, I can do what I can to improve things.

It's interesting that you post something from the Buddhist Peace Fellowship, as I am studying Buddhism and I believe my position is in line with that. I do what I can to add to the fabric of goodwill that exists in the world. I meditate frequently and work in my small circle of the world to make things better for myself and those around me. But when I look at the country and the world and the strife, war, hatred, and hopelessness, it only causes me to stress, feel small, sad and angry, and I'm virtually no good to anyone, including myself.

I hope that explains it better. If not, that's OK, too.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Only difference today is young people have no minds or thoughts of their own to speak of.

What makes you say this?

This is exactly the sort of thing people have always said. Young people come of age right about the same time they start to understand how complicated life is - and how difficult it is to change

Somehow they always manage to change things :-)

These days our young people are growing up in a world without jobs - conflict everywhere, the world has, well - lets just call them ecological issues

I thought we had it bad when I was their age

Do you know any young people? If you don't, all you have to do is go out on the internet and start reading - they're everywhere - and they have a lot to say

Some pretty good thinking going on out there

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

When things kicked off in Israel I stopped watching the news - same as I did with Ukraine, Syria - on and on...and on

I read - but only just enough to stay informed. I'm not even sure what that means - or why I think it's important

I've always believed that we need to be aware - and absolutely speak out against what we think is wrong, act if we see an opportunity to act

While I'm typing this - I have the news on in the background. Some guy rationalizing torture...

I dunno what to say Kosmic - I got nothing

Here's the song that always gets to me - especially when I feel overwhelmed

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Nobody's right if everybody's worng...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Great song !

It does seem like the world is transitioning back into another "revolutionary" era, doesn't it ?!

People are getting fed up, no longer trusting their governments, preparing for the worst, and on the edge of going on a rampage and burning everything to the ground.

Maybe this is something that comes back around every 40+ years... the plebeians waking up and fighting back ?

I say: "Bring it on !!"

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Thanks for the song! I needed that!
In light of everything that is going on, thanks for the post, and sharing that.
I love that tune, it always strikes a cord within me! Every time I heard it, makes more sense to me.
This is our time. This is our Generations time to shine, it is our turn.

Stay frosty!

edit on 22814584985 by zysin5 because: Final edit.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Yeah and that's what our parents said about our generation. Hell, they may be right yet.

ETA: And I think even less of the next generation. No #.
edit on 17-8-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

top topics

join