It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

halo 2 overrated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think that halo 2 is probably like the worst game ever.it is worse than the first one, and it is worse than any console shooter that i've ever played....
but that's my opinion.I would also like to hear yours if you would be so kind
to take a few minutes off of your day and express your feeling about halo2

thank you
I love them little breakdancers (sob)

[edit on 3-12-2004 by the_ham_demon]

[edit on 3-12-2004 by the_ham_demon]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well, after playing Half Life 2 I can't seem to justify getting Halo 2, maybe I'll get it when it comes out for PC cuz I hate playing shooters on a controller. Gotta have a mouse and keyboard! Allthough In Halo 2 defence everyone who has played it(ie non-hardcore PC fanatics) has said its awesum but when I show them Half-Life 2 they stop talking about Halo and start talking Half Life

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The game itself is good but the only part i think is really worth it is :w: then multiplayer with a few friends thats all the game is for IMO I mean dont get me wrong the game is great but I dont really like anything but the multiplayer

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
well you do have some point there. I think bungie kinda left it hanging there in the beggining, with no real progress. Then they threw it together mostly in the end. and I didnt like the ending, but other than that I thought it was a great game. I personnally think the first was a wee bit better. but the multiplayer on halo 2 makes it real juicy.

and I hate jackals.

A LOT.

they made jackals too good.

TOO good

WAAAAAY too good.

but thats another story.....

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Plain and simple.....

I'm not saying I hate the game, BUT NOOOOOOOOOO.
2 years of waitng, and not the best amount of progress I have to say, I thought the Battle Rifle would be good for about everything.

Hinit, Hint,
then y no Automatic and Semi Modes???? 3 Round Burst, it's not good for me in Multiplayer, good for campaign, but that just plain out sucks.:bnghd: , plus, on the original Halo, the Campaign, I would go back and play the first 6 over, and over, and over again they were that interesting, but for Halo 2, THANK GOODNESS FOR MULTIPLAY, the main levels I still play is up to the 1 after "Delta Halo" [I'll update that soon], and that's not very often than before, I got so hocked on when I got it, I spent time between 7:10 A.M. on the 15th of November, to 4:51 A.M. 17th of November[
] when I beat it, no, I'm not trying to brag, but my point is, I got so into it at first, then.......errrrr......THANK GOODNESS FOR MULTIPLAY.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by SEAL Trident]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
if there is one thing that got on my tits about halo 2 it was the return of the flood. they annoyed me in the first one so much i didnt play the single player campaign for ages. when i found they came back, i wasnt happy. if it wasnt for my mates who got the game before me saying how the ending was not what they expected as it were, i wouldnt have played single player much more.

the ending is annoying too. very very annoying. for a game that took 2-3 odd years it was a bit cut off. thats my opinion anyway

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_ham_demon
I think that halo 2 is probably like the worst game ever.

Thats rather extreme

The game is well put together but its way too short,

However the multiplayer is brilliant, especailly the clan system.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I lost my copy of Halo 2 a week after I bought it...and to be honest....I don't want it back (If the person who stole mine is reading this, Merry Friggin X-Mas!)

On occasion I'll go over to one of my friend's house and play some multiplayer...here are my impressions:

1. the energy sword is a horrible addition - a two year old could beat me with that set as the primary weapon
  2. dual weapons are a nice addition, but seems to be the only one
  3. new level desgins lack originality
  4. multiplayers levels are boring....a few are okay, but they're basically all mirror images of the previous stages
  5. story is lame
  6. graphics are choppy during the movie scenes and take too long for the full image to load

IMO, the original Halo is far superior and I'll enjoy playing that more than Halo 2 until I see what they can do with 3....

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Halo 2 is a great game, here are some thing that make it great.

1. Multiplayer ranking system, if you play ranked games they are always intense
2.Weapons, i loved the pistol, only thing i used in the first one, now you must have a balence, the needler is good now, dual pistols is leathal, you can own with the sword, but it is easy to kill some one that has it, the weapons are very balenced supurb job there. One thing bad is the range of the sniper is cut down, cant shoot across Blood Gultch now.
3. Multiplayer levels, the new levels are great, i only have a problem with foundation having 2 rockets thats it, Zanzibar is the perfect 1 flag ctf game, many places to defend, well balenced. Lockout is this games version of Chill out, just a close combat battle, but even has a couple of sniper spots, Water works is the ultimate big team map, if you go with out teamwork you get slaghtered, there is everything on this massive map, the new Battle Creek and Blood gultch maps are ok, but blood gultch is too big.
4. The AI, if you havent played this on legandary, then you dont realy kjnow what i am talking about, they are smart now, they will hide behind stuff, out flank you, come in formations. The elites command the grunts, kill the leader and then the grunts fall
5. the story was meant to be a cliff hanger, that i dont like but now the 3rd one should be insane.

I realy like this game i play it every day, mulitplayer on XBOX live is god, message me some time. Gamertag= TKainZero

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I thought the first Halo was better. The human weapons in Halo2 are better except for the pistol. It stinks now. It doesnt have a scope and the bullets are smaller. I love how the rockets are guided now. I just really hated how sometimes if I shoot the jackals with the battle rifle it would take like 5 shots to kill em. In my opinion there were too many levels with the arbitor. That ending just pissed me off. I so wanted to destroy that damn ship.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
havent played Halo 2 yet so i cannot give my view, im getting an Xbox tomorrow
:

Oh the joys!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Banshees are rubbish on it.

The game is far to short

And i want my pistol lol

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Far Cry > Halo 2

And that's all that needs to be said

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick
Banshees are rubbish on it.

Why?

If they had the fuel rod gun on multiplayer then they'd be used as air artillery.....

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
i think banshees are bad because you cant go full speed and fire like you could in halo 1

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   

i think banshees are bad because you cant go full speed

They can go faster now using the boost feature

and fire like you could in halo 1

They fire faster now but they don't have the fuel rod gun in multiplayer

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I've played it, and in my opinion, it isn't as good as the first one. Blood Gulch isn't as good as the first one, Zanzibar isn't good, Foundation isn't good, Battle Creek is the same. The game is good, just not as good or fresh as the first. I haven't used any of the new vehicles yet, but the new weapons are generally terrible. And anybody can win with an energy sword.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You guys need to invest a little more time and quit bitching about the sword. Sword people are pretty easy to kill. Battle rifle is awesome, it can kill in 4-5 headshots. Use the right combos. And have fun.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

i think banshees are bad because you cant go full speed and fire like you could in halo 1

Oh no! Banshee is good, not bad.

Wait...sorry, wrong Banshee.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Oh no! Banshee is good, not bad.

Wait...sorry, wrong Banshee.

o_O

O_o

Thanks?

new topics

top topics