It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Congressman Mo Brooks: All 500,000 DREAMers, '8 Million' Undocumented Immigrants Should Be

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Why does everyone think illegals make less than minimum wage??? On average they make 10-12 an hour. The cheap cost isn't in their hourly wage.

a reply to: olaru12

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
Why does everyone think illegals make less than minimum wage??? On average they make 10-12 an hour. The cheap cost isn't in their hourly wage.

Where I last worked we made over minimum wage, yet the illegals made less. Not less than minimum wage though. And to all the people who say illegals work hard and never complain...LOL Oh YES they do! And for all those who say the illegals are all hard working...they are no different than anyone else, you have your hard workers and your lazy ones. Period!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It may be that you have it wrong most of the jobs yoou suggest are taken by documented aliens with work visa's the illegal aliens are taking landscaping, construction and other manual labor jobs that many Americans need. As far as dishwashing fruitpicking etc high schoolers would love to do them. Well maybe not love but like. reply to: olaru12

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I'm not going to engage in an argument with someone who assumes that every "bum" is worthless. Shows me exactly what you think of your fellow man. The only reason why you're debating for illegals is for the political side. You could truly care less for them.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: switchqm8

I don't think Mo thought this out to well. How many Americans will skin chickens, clean motel rooms, pick vegatables/fruit, wash dishes, or do other distasteful service jobs for less than minimum wage?

www.numbersusa.org...

Corporate America loves illegals for cheap labor and that's not going to change!!

Obama is doing exactly what his neocon corporate masters tell him to do.

www.wsws.org...

www.opednews.com... tml

Think of it this way, if we don't push back for positive change on this - then who do you think their competition will be? This administration isn't exactly creating jobs - they are making policies to drive businesses out of here.

Those working for less than minimum wage could be any of us if unable to find work due to the effects of bad politicians, bad for business growth, and in turn jobs, then add the glut of lawbreaking immigrants flooding an already crappy job market........

Thanks to the King....
edit on 4-8-2014 by BlackboxInquiry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I cannot speak for other Americans but I know I will. I need work so bad I will work 20 hour days everyday for half of Min. Wage without overtime pay. That's how desperate some of us are.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What gets me is that the illegal aliens are willing to WALK thousands of miles to a different country for jobs, and most unemployed americans arent willing to DRIVE 2 hours to get a job. Ive moved several times to get a job, sometimes just a few towns over and once changed states.

One of the newspapers in my area has at least 40-50 job postings each week. so dont tell me the jobs arent there, they are there if you look and want one, you may have to move but hey if your down to no money and cant pay rent or buy food then you bet your boots i would sell everything that was of value pack what i wanted leave the rest and head out. I know I would because ive done it.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

I am in no way trying to start anything with you just using your post as a reference. I agree there are many homeless that are just on the outs and need help getting back up. But there are those that choose to live that way, no rent, no mortgage, no property tax, no income tax, you go where you want when you want, some would call that true freedom. I knew several like that. I invited them to my house so they could have a beer and take a shower and wash their clothes.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I don't think Mo thought this out to well. How many Americans will skin chickens, clean motel rooms, pick vegatables/fruit, wash dishes, or do other distasteful service jobs for less than minimum wage?

If you mean to keep their cell phone on or feed themselves? Most! Those who won't, when they can, deserve NOTHING! No welfare, no healthcare, no support, no shelter...NOTHING! Yeah...life is tough and you may have to do work you don't want to. But when you CHOOSE not to...you CHOOSE nothing. And that is what you DESERVE.

You DESERVE nothing if you don't do something. And THAT is the biggest problem in America. We give SOMETHING to those who try their hardest to do NOTHING. "Something for nothing" is killing this country. And I, for one, don't want to see my hard work go to crap or worse yet...support CRAP that DESERVES NOTHING!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

” Brooks elaborated, “they should not be fed and clothed for years, which apparently is the direction that the president wants to take us. Rather, those children should be taken care of here and very expeditiously reunited with their families back home.”

Perfect SENSE . Something Lacking in Most DEAD FROM THE NECK UP Americans Today........................YAWN .

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I wonder what kind of logic it is that tells Liberals 2 different things at the same time.

On one hand, they want to do everything in their power to make the minimum wage for American Citizens $10 an hour, but on the other, as today's Hypocritical Liberal olaru12 so adamantly states, "what Americans would do xyz tasks for less than minimum wage?"

Guess what olaru12:
AMERICANS ARE NOT LEGALLY ALLOWED TO WORK LESS FOR LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE.

So what is it, do you want people to be able to work for less than minimum wage, or do you want some stupid high minimum wage, can't have both bro.

Stupid Hypocrit Liberals, I swear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join