It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel claims to have evidence that 47% of Gaza dead were combatants

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.ynetnews.com...

Israel has evidence that almost half of Palestinians killed in the 25-day-old Gaza war were combatants, its deputy foreign minister said on Saturday, pushing back against international allegations of a lopsidedly heavy civilian death toll.

Shockingly only Israeli sources are reporting this. Reuters also reported it but took the article down after 8 minutes. mobile.reuters.com...

The UN tells a different story, as we're familiar with, that 77%-80% are civilian casualties. With the firestorm Israel is receiving worldwide for these deaths, in some cases blatant murder, it's no surprise they are trying to skew the numbers in their favor.

Disgusting.
edit on 2-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I've never heard of that site before. Before we go on and blame it on the evil Zionists, do we even know if it's a credible source of news at all? Judging by other news, it's pretty anti-Israeli, so I can't really take it seriously.

Before any other source of news report this, I'm not buying this. Or at least if some official Israeli news report this.

Untill that happens, I will call this to be just another propaganda material.
edit on 634k2014Saturdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.ynetnews.com...

Israel has evidence that almost half of Palestinians killed in the 25-day-old Gaza war were combatants, its deputy foreign minister said on Saturday, pushing back against international allegations of a lopsidedly heavy civilian death toll.

Shockingly only Israeli sources are reporting this. Reuters also reported this but took the article down after 8 minutes. mobile.reuters.com...

The UN tells a different story, as we're familiar with, that 77%-80% are civilian casualties. With the firestorm Israel is receiving worldwide for these deaths, in some cases blatant murder, it's no surprise they are trying to skew the numbers in their favor.

Disgusting.

As long as Israel keeps making arguments and keep the debate polarized they can continue the slaughter. Whether it is true or not Israel needs to only make the claim and anyone that argues it is quickly dismissed as a pro-Hamas and anti Jew. Then the usual "never again" "what would you do" "right to exist" BS.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Of course it is. Apparently you're not familiar with Israeli news outlets but if it helps ya you can check out their Wikipedia page.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Ynetnews is the online English language Israeli news website of Yedioth Ahronoth, Israel’s most-read newspaper, and the Hebrew Israel news portal, Ynet.[1][2] It is part of the Yedioth Media Group.[3] The Yedioth Group also owns stock in the Israeli TV Channel "Channel 2"; "HOT", the Cable TV company, weekly local newspapers, magazines, and other non-media companies.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

What gets me is that they think that's good.

"What's your problem? Almost half of the folks we murdered were baddies!"

Even if they are right (which doesn't seem to be the case), that's certainly nothing to brag about or stand behind.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Nice, thank you. I didn't know about it, my mistake, sorry for suspecting the credibility of your thread. Wasn't intentional.

I don't really know what to think now. Untill this conflict is finished, we wont know the accurate number of dead and who were they. So, my guess is that both sides are saying numbers that will get them benefits.. Which if correct, is truly sick.

Malbosia, man, why do you try to present major part of ATS as a victims? If anything, there are so much more people here supporting Palestine/Hamas over Israel. And I don't quite remember you or anyone else being called anti-Jew.
edit on 646k2014Saturdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

What gets me is that they think that's good.

"What's your problem? Almost half of the folks we murdered were baddies!"

Even if they are right (which doesn't seem to be the case), that's certainly nothing to brag about or stand behind.

when your enemy chooses to hide and launch attacks from within populated civilian areas what else can you expect, but high civilian death counts? if hamas had any balls they would clear out all civilians from areas they are fighting from, not to mention committing war crimes by using things like hospitals, schools and other protected areas to wage their war. and please no bull about civilians have nowhere to go, their territory is riddled with caves which could easily be used to evacuate, but that would need permission and help from the terrorists that want to first use civilians as shields, then as martyrs they can use to show the world how evil Israel is.

perhaps it is time the civilians grew some balls and stood up to the terrorists that use them, provided of course they are against being so used.

how does one tell who a combatant is anyway? these terrorists come in all forms men, women, even children.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

Sure.

Let's blame the ones without any guns for the people with guns killing them.

Sounds about right.

Tenth

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

Gaza is a tightly compacted civilian area so while I despise Hamas and their actions where else are they gonna go? No one enters or leaves Gaza per Israel & Egypt. There are no military bases in Gaza. Gaza is not allowed to have a military especially since Hamas' bloody coupe.

Either way, doesn't give Israel the green light to murder civilians. When this is all over I can only hope Israeli leaders are held responsible for their actions. But we all know they won't, no govt ever is... well except for the Nazis.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
47% are combatants.... You still have 53% CIVILIANS.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Macleans is saying 77%. That's about as unbiased as you get.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So 53% were not enemy combatants? Who were the 53%?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Press release from the IDF:

"It's been said that over 3 out of 4 dead Gazans were not enemy combatants. This is not true. Our information, and it's never wrong, as far as you know, is that only 1 out of 2 were combatants. We hope you can see the difference and understand. Thank you."

Well, I doubt they would say thank you. The "you" maybe but I'm sure the first word would actually start with an "F".

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Nice, thank you. I didn't know about it, my mistake, sorry for suspecting the credibility of your thread. Wasn't intentional.

I don't really know what to think now. Untill this conflict is finished, we wont know the accurate number of dead and who were they. So, my guess is that both sides are saying numbers that will get them benefits.. Which if correct, is truly sick.

Malbosia, man, why do you try to present major part of ATS as a victims? If anything, there are so much more people here supporting Palestine/Hamas over Israel. And I don't quite remember you or anyone else being called anti-Jew.

You know something? Your right. ATS in general has shown to be very pro-palestine. That might be the wrong term but this site is great for cutting through BS and there seems to be a lot of it brought here in defence of Israel by a few dedicated members. Innuendos are more common than actually being called anti-Jew. Like "doesn't Israel have a right to exist?" "Shouldn't Jews be allowed a peaceful place after the holocaust?" My answer to both of those is "no" but the questions seem loaded trying to make me sound like I don't like Jews. Hard to explain.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Even if this is true why would you be proud of a 50% civilian casualty rate. Whoever is calling the shots in Israel and putting out the talking points need to be fired. They do not look like the good guys this time. Maybe they are so far gone in the head they could care less who knows.

People around the world are speaking out in mass against Israel this should open eyes to say the least. The high road appears to be lost for good this time. Can they get it back? Only time and a massive PR campaign will work I believe.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Looks like Reuters India is now reporting on this story along with an Egyptian outlet, but not the US.

in.reuters.com...

english.ahram.org.eg...

The only other outlet I've seen so far reporting on this was Lebanese.

www.dailystar.com.lb...

ETA: US Reuters is now reporting, www.reuters.com... but the story is a bit buried where as the front page story is this, Israel withdraws some troops from Gaza, media reports. Which is odd cause I've read other reports where Netanyahoo! claims the operation will continue until every terrorist is dead and tunnel destroyed.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Even if it's true, it's still a pathetic number, not even 50%, which means one in every two persons they kill, is completely innocent of everything besides having the terrible misfortune of having no choice but to live in a war zone.

Pathetic. Disturbing and hellish.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard
Even if it's true, it's still a pathetic number, not even 50%, which means one in every two persons they kill, is completely innocent of everything besides having the terrible misfortune of having no choice but to live in a war zone.

Pathetic. Disturbing and hellish.

The bolded is important imo. They have NO CHOICE. IF they get the "thump" from the Israelis that means, "GET OUT." Um, where are they going to live when the artillery stops?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Somebody needs to explain to the braindead deputy foreign minister that a over 50% death toll IS a heavy civilian death toll. How is it that Israel which claims to be so smart has a government made up of total idiots?
edit on 2-8-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Like "doesn't Israel have a right to exist?" "Shouldn't Jews be allowed a peaceful place after the holocaust?" My answer to both of those is "no" but the questions seem loaded trying to make me sound like I don't like Jews. Hard to explain.

No its not...

If israel were to give up its existence and say ok everyone gets to live in palestine and jews and aras and christians can all get along! just like the good old days! no more zionist regime, no more zionist country called israel!

What in your estimation would happen if majority of arabs decide to simply get rid of the jewish presence in the land? would the UN come in and defend the jews as they have done with the christians in mosul?

this is a fair question mate! im interested to understand what you think would happen in such a situation...
edit on 2014-08-02T16:09:20-05:00201408bpm3108pm2031 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014-08-02T16:09:34-05:00201408bpm3108pm3431 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014-08-02T16:09:44-05:00201408bpm3108pm4431 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join