It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Another Picture Thread. Come On In...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I am a bit of an amateur photographer, and I enjoy a wide variety of styles. Landscape, urban and rural decay, night, people and animals, among others. Thought I would share a small sampling of my own perspective through the lens. All of these photos were taken by me, and a few of them are scanned from the original print. I hope you enjoy them, and a shout out to WestCoast for the encouragement to post them.

These first two were taken in my youth, back in the late 70's. The dogs name is "Half Pint", believe it or not. And the river is the Mississippi, in St. Louis.

The next one was also taken in St. Louis around 2004. It is a building that was part of a project to restore an area along the river that had been forgotten since the turn of the 20th century.

The rest are more rural in nature, taken in the area I have now lived for more than 20 years.

Hope you enjoyed the look through my lens...

edit on 8/2/2014 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Really excellent photographs!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Really, really excellent!
I love the one with the red door, I'd have that framed if it was mine. Also the St.Louis one is gorgeous. You've got a great eye for composition (if that's the word I'm thinking of?).
S&F

B x

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You've got some talet behind the lens of a camera. The pictures are beautiful! Can't wait to see more!!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wow, some impressive photos you have here! Awesome!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
These are all really good. I think my personal favorite is the one with the fall trees and the black dog crossing the road. For some reason, I find it very comforting.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I do have a few more I considered posting in the original batch, but decided to see how these looked after they were downsized so much. I'll pull together a few more, and get them up later. Thanks again.
edit on 8/2/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

very very nice....

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here are a few more, keeping with the rural theme, except for one, which is an early 1900's gazebo taken in St. Louis.

Yes. The cat really is cross-eyed, and very skittish. It wasn't easy getting him to sit still long enough to take his picture.

It would be nice to see other ATS photographers and artists create threads to showcase some of their work.
edit on 8/2/2014 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I'm sorry, that skelly-eyed cat ruined it for me! Lol! I was thinking to myself 'I wonder if Klassified is a professional photographer, these are beauti...oh.'
Only joking, he's cute, just unexpected but then that's always a good thing. I love your photos, you live in a very beautiful part of the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
Lol!
Imagine my surprise when I first met her. A blue-eyed, cross-eyed cat. That's why I had to have a picture of her. I once aspired to be a professional photographer, but got side tracked by life. I do enjoy it as a hobby though, and have tried to get back into it as deep as I once was. I'm a little rusty, and need lots of practice.

ETA: For those who don't already know. If you right-click, and save the image, then open it, the image will be larger. Though not by a lot, because I had to resize them for ATS.

edit on 8/3/2014 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Awww poor kitty. It mustn't be able to see very well. Very unusual cat. Love all your pics!!

top topics

join