It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objectification

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I am not interested in judging whether someone who is objective in perception is wrong. I just find it interesting to understand it. It's their path, their choice of experience.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Why would you try to be the best object you can be? And who is measuring and what device is used to measure?

We present ourselves as the objects we wish to experience being, and we try to do so as best we can. The measurer is self, and we determine how well we are playing our role by how close our experience comes to what we were intending to experience.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

edit on 5-8-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Why would you try to be the best object you can be? And who is measuring and what device is used to measure?
All (believed in) objects compete and competition is conflict - wanting to be better than something other is caused by feeling inferior and the need to feel superior - one does not already feel worthy and whole and complete.
Until you realize what you really are (what there really is) - you put a mask on - that mask divides the whole into what then appears as many objects - and one can get lost in concepts.

Why not? You might think yourself as not an object, but convincing others of that is mere sophistry. They see you and will arrive at their conclusions by their own accord. Believing oneself as not an object does not automatically excuse oneself from being objectified. A bear will still eat you regardless if you see yourself as not food. If getting lost in concepts is worrisome to someone, I would argue they need to get out more and see the real world.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism
You might think yourself as not an object, but convincing others of that is mere sophistry. They see you and will arrive at their conclusions by their own accord.
There may be a hearing and understanding of the words and everything could change. No one can tell what wakes one up to reality. Of course, I cannot convince anyone of anything, only if there is a willingness, a readiness to look will one actually look. If a person is full of beliefs then that person will not want to look and find that they could be wrong - I know what minds are like. Conclusions are usually made along the standard model of thinking and not many look outside the box - in fact most are not aware of the box.

If getting lost in concepts is worrisome to someone, I would argue they need to get out more and see the real world.
That which thinks it is a concept (a thing) is worrisome. It is continually up against other concepts - battling to win and put down any thing (concept) other in order for it to survive - it always feels threatened.
edit on 6-8-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism
You might think yourself as not an object, but convincing others of that is mere sophistry. They see you and will arrive at their conclusions by their own accord.
There may be a hearing and understanding of the words and everything could change. No one can tell what wakes one up to reality.

If getting lost in concepts is worrisome to someone, I would argue they need to get out more and see the real world.
That which thinks it is a concept (a thing) is worrisome. It is continually up against other concepts - battling to win and put down any thing (concept) other in order for it to survive - it always feels threatened.

When I read "getting lost in concepts" I understand to that to refer to "identifying with concepts". -Which leads to feeling personally threatened, when a concept is threatened.
When you haven't lost yourself in concepts, you watch, enjoy and let move through you the competition of concepts without feeling personally threatened. Without feeling worried, without feeling the need to jump in and halt that play.

I really liked the analogy of the bear. Being aware of the reality that I am seen as food for the bear, despite my not identifying my self with the concept of "food". There is two simultaneous truths there- I am not food, and yet, for another, I am food. That is reality. That is self and other combined into one.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma
When I say 'getting lost in concepts' - I mean that there is an idea that there is a 'you' and 'the world' - it makes believe that you are separate to the world.

Is there a world? Is there a you?
Or is there just what is actually happening?

What is actually happening is actually here and real - it is experienced.
The world is a word which brings with it ideas (concept).

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Exactly. What is actually happening is an experience of self-other separation.
So why try to stop experiencing that?

But I know you will go in circles again on this as you always do, trying to reject separation and existence, through a paradoxical exchange with another- trying to convince them to "wake up" al the while denying there is no "them" to do anything.

You got quite a conflict in there going on.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

Exactly. What is actually happening is an experience of self-other separation.
So why try to stop experiencing that?

The experience appears to be that but it is known that it is an amazing illusion - stunning when seen, mind blowing, it changes everything yet it all appears the same.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma
I am here just expressing. I do not try to not experience separation, I do not reject separation or existence - they appear to happen.
When the separation is felt it makes one feel isolated and unfulfilled and one is always seeking to fill up - desire and fear is the result - one feels lack so wants and one fears one is going to lose.

When one realizes that there is no separation then one is not missing anything anymore. All that arises is it.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

When the separation is felt it makes one feel isolated and unfulfilled and one is always seeking to fill up - desire and fear is the result - one feels lack so wants and one fears one is going to lose.

See- this is why your particular memes just don't succeed in producing in me.

I have concepts already that create a totally different experience of separation- it is fun, it is joyful, it is the opportunity to experience exchange with others! It is far from lonely, or unfulfilled.
Desire is a choice I can make, in order to create an experience of filling up a void- I dig a hole, to have fun filling it up.
There is no fear that I am going to lose- lose what? if you play a game of basketball, do you fear throwing the ball to another player, for fear of losing it??

That just sounds like your concepts create rather uncomfortable experience of separation, which I don't feel compelled to adopt. Concepts create the experience. Maybe it is not separation that is so "worrisome" as you put it, it is your particular concepts you construct it with?

Whatever. Do what you like. We've been through this before. You never can seem to believe that the experience of separation can be this good and fun.

I keep seeing in mind moments when I've observed dogs running around the edge of the pool barking, convinced that their people are in grave danger and drowning- despite the laughter and joy they are expressing.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Whatever. Do what you like. We've been through this before. You never can seem to believe that the experience of separation can be this good and fun.

Without the experience of separation God would have nowhere to play and no one to play with. Unfortunately until God knows it is just him playing hide and seek - it can feel more like a battlefield.

God gets confused by concepts - it does appear to be just what happens but when he realizes it is such a relief.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

No battlefield here. Concepts are just the building blocks of experience.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Concepts are just the building blocks of experience.

If a feeling of hunger arises within you is it concept? Or is it what is actually happening? The experience is a feeling of hunger.
Concepts are words, ideas. The word associated with the feeling is hunger - the word hunger is a concept.

Experience is primary and experience is non conceptual.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Are you saying you plan and map out your future experiences?
Are you not always experiencing even if you do not put a word (concept) on it?
Experiencing is what you are.
You are not a concept.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Are you saying you plan and map out your future experiences?
Are you not always experiencing even if you do not put a word (concept) on it?
Experiencing is what you are.
You are not a concept.

For heavens sake, if I identified with a concept as what I AM, why would I see it as something to have fun with, to exchange, to let go of, to use, or to reject?

The sensual experience of hunger (without name) happens.
Then there is my choice of experience in how to express that, what to experience next, of the exterior world.

(as there is an experience also, of a "self" and "exterior" of self that is happening also).

My concepts I have adopted to use yesterday will determine whether I express that through eating something or not, and what I shall choose to eat or not. That does not mean that I will necessarily put any effortful thought into the choice- the choice was made yesterday, and my subconscious will choose to use it today. Even if I am completely letting go of all willful deliberation in the moment.

Any and all concepts I decide to take in right now are chosen according to my future intents. I don't personally like to spend time thinking a lot when I am in action exchange with the exterior world. I pre-program. I spend time, like this, in thought and analyzation, each morning, and then when I get up and go out, I stop that and just react and experience.

I could do this alone, but it is more fun to do so with others, it is like a trading place of concepts. I get to discover concepts totally new to me sometimes. But I always observe the effects those concepts create by listening to the one using them. Their current state of being and emotion are the fruit of their concepts.

Now I have to get up and shower and go off to work, and my time in the trading place is over for today. The experiences I have will be the fruit of the concepts I currently have put into my depths. If I find any of my experiences uncomfortable, then I shall consider changing them and getting more effective ones tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Now I have to get up and shower and go off to work, and my time in the trading place is over for today. The experiences I have will be the fruit of the concepts I currently have put into my depths. If I find any of my experiences uncomfortable, then I shall consider changing them and getting more effective ones tomorrow.

Hope it all goes right today for you and it is not too uncomfortable.
Have a good day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join