It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adulthood...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Since most of the people on this planet don't understand what being an adult means, I have decided to list out a few things in this life you must recognize in order to be experienced as a sensible adult person. If you try to assimilate the following list, it might make you a more enjoyable person for others to be around and even increase your chance of getting ahead in life. Feel free to add to this list if you feel something is missing.

Being an adult:

-Adults don't complain about 1st world problems. Nobody wants to listen to it.

-If you wan't something done right, you do it yourself. (I know we can't all fix the plumbings, but then we ourselves must find someone who does). Adults fix their own problems with money or skill, be it legal or illicit.

-The governments of the world are not there to help. They are groups of power-hungry officials, hiring thugs to carry out their savage laws on you. Adults realize that government structure around the world is corrupt to the core and needs a new theme entirely. So don't waste their time with politics. Adults will know when the time comes to take part.

-We are all prone to anger and annoyance at times. All adults understand this and therefor do not make a big deal out of such matters. A small "sorry" followed up with a "i didn't mean...", from the angry/annoyed person, should suffice for both parties.

-Religion assumes way to much and makes this life pointless. Science assumes even more and makes everything pointless. Adults try not to assume, although they do understand the great importance of assuming with accuracy.

-Adults trust other people until they give good reason not to be trusted. Reasons for mistrusting people vary depending on world location. An adult also knows that anyone that can no longer be trusted, deserves a reasonable chance to gain back trust.

-Serious adults do not *strongly suggest* or *tell* any other person what to do with their life. Adults encourage a person to do what makes him/her happy.

-Aliens and adults don't mix very well. Adults understand that the possibilities are endless, but there is obviously nothing much useful to learn or gain from that rabbit hole, without full life devotion.

-Adults don't waste to much time sharing their feelings. Everybody has them...

-Adults show respect for people and environment, not status or location.

-Adults know war is idiotic/pointless/retarded.

So these are just a few things... and to answer your question, yes, the full grown adult is actually a very rare thing. I'm not even sure I am one myself, but I think I'm getting there...

One things for sure, we need more adults.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Being an adult....sucks big eggs. I have a saying, none of us are adults until our parents pass on and we are on our own. If I could have stayed a kid forever......I would'nt. Being an adult has it's perks.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Is there a Imaginary line we cross into adult hood? I prefer the term mature or maturity.

There are kids wiser than many adults because of their experiences. The longer we endure here the more we learn as long as we don't over react.

Just my take.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: eirgud

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

THERE are two kinds of people on earth to-day; Just two kinds of people, no more, I say.
Not the sinner and saint, for it's well understood, The good are half bad, and the bad are half good.
Not the rich and the poor, for to rate a man's wealth, You must first know the state of his conscience and health.
Not the humble and proud, for in life's little span, Who puts on vain airs, is not counted a man.
Not the happy and sad, for the swift flying years Bring each man his laughter and each man his tears.
No; the two kinds of people on earth I mean, Are the people who lift, and the people who lean.
Wherever you go, you will find the earth's masses, Are always divided in just these two classes.
And oddly enough, you will find too, I ween, There's only one lifter to twenty who lean.
In which class are you? Are you easing the load, Of overtaxed lifters, who toil down the road?
Or are you a leaner, who lets others share Your portion of labor, and worry and care?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
From those points, I am an adult, but I already knew that, despite looking a bit childlike and being rather youthful of mind, body and energy.

Perhaps it's emotional maturity.

I know of a mid 60 year old that considers themselves as thinking as they did at 15.

I am thankful I have matured emotionally and intellectually since 15, that's for sure!

Now, can anyone make our politicians mature emotionally and intellectually?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think ageing as interesting:

Childhood - dependent on surroundings / path setting
Coming of age - Becoming independent and using skills and knowledge giving to you. Doing what you want.
Adult - Becoming responsible for your actions
Parent - Responsible for others

I would like to look more into the different paths ageing takes us like mid-age, earning, enjoying, contributing and such things. For example the society we have in the west with schools, jobs, demands and growing old I think you could categorize and predict thought and actions quite well.

Knowing this could help you over achieve the presumptions which could benefit you and society.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: eirgud

You just described my thought process as a child. I grew up.

top topics

join