It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should DOD shoot Ebola plane down?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
You are far too trusting. How do you know the nurse in charge of taking care of these people is not having marriage troubles and taking some drugs or what ever and wont make a mistake? You don't. I live in the reality of human error. These infected Doctors were using the First world protocalls you know and had all the best equipment at their disposal.

How does it feel to live in fear of everything?

I work in one of the top hospitals in the world and on a daily basis the clinicians and support staff deal with marriage, financial, health, professional issues. One of the great things about being a professional is the ability to well be professional when it is needed. Additionally any hospital worth a dime has a systems and checks in place to handle scenarios like what you mentioned.

Honestly some of the things I have read you say are ridiculous and pretty much disregard the high level of training and skill required to function in a critical care hospital.

It's okay though..Nothing anyone says is going to change your fear level so doom on.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
That was a different strain. It was also stated that it was large droplets and spread to nearby lifeforms. Ebola is not airborne. I'm sorry you think all news stations are out to deceive us. Paranoid was a good name for you to choose. Those folks you call talking heads are interviewing the medical professionals and every one says it's not airborne.

a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

Ebola does not have to be airborne to be contagious. Sick patient sneezes in room. Patient puts suit on in room and it rubs against an area where parts of the sneeze landed. Patient flies to Atlanta and suit rubs parts of aircraft, ambulance, ground. Ambulance driver touches area where suit left spit from previous sneeze. Diver goes to Mcdonalds and lays his hand on counter. 100's of people touch the counter and all go home to their kids.

Kids go to school. Parents business travel throughout united states. All spreading the disease they now have but not yet displaying symptoms. 21 Days later the Ambulance driver is dead. Millions of Americans now infected and going to die.

I come on here and say I told you so. Hope and pray the above does not happen but was it worth risking us all just for comfort of two individuals?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Since your so good at making up stories like nurses with bad marriages and such.try this scenario on for size. They isolate him as best they can then before he gets on the plane they disinfect him externally and then put him in the suit in a clean contained area. It wouldn't matter if they walked him naked out of that hospital he was already sick and contagious. They knew that. So they take him to a sterile area and then dress him in protective clothing. Is that lacking logic go you?T reply to: Xeven

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There is a BSL3+ containment laboratory in Pittsburgh in the heart of Oakland on Pitt's campus. They have many things there even as dangerous as anthrax and avian influenza. Nowhere else in the world is a laboratory with those kinds of microbes located in such a populated location.

The CDC in America is playing hot and loose with microbes and it will likely result in a population bottleneck at some point in your nation's future. Ebola is not that concerning as it needs a tropical climate to flourish. Stay away from people, sunbathe, dehumidify your air.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That is not exactly what you said. You edited your post. If you can lie to yourself so easily how can I trust you? a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Wow you actually read a source!
Another strain is like saying the flu is different...they cause the same issues, symptoms, spread in the same ways; only difference is treatment which there is little for this. Large droplets like from a cough or sneeze being inhaled cause the infection to start in the lungs, so it was airborne. Oh they aren't out to deceive they are out to make a buck and spend a lot to make that buck. It is a good name for me, as I am skeptical of everything... much like yours fits you. Medical professionals like Gupta who just this year admitted he was wrong about medical marijuana...that medical professional?

Lol you edited the post....ya less than 5 mins after I posted it to clarify the statement.....sorry for being accurate...LMAO
edit on 3-8-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

as horrible as it sounds the use of lethal and swift acting gas to make it as humane as possible followed by a high temperature sterilization of the carrier body's and the contaminated area may be the only SCIENTIFICALLY sound option .

Did you not write that?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If if if. We can spend all day on what ifs. Right now it's not a plague. Right now it's contained in our country. Right now there is no reason to panic and no point in entertaining what if scenarios. a reply to: LABTECH767

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
Well said.
I don't hear any fear-mongering in this post; I agree that Ebola is here, and that it is a bright, new shiny-deadly object that has been unleashed into the world. Perhaps by nature. Perhaps not. And, people being people, the time is ripe for Big Pharma. IMHO.

Knowing what I know about behind-the-scenes medical care and the way information is released to the masses, I believe we aren't getting the real story. Certainly not the CDS's or WHO's worst fears.
edit on 3-8-2014 by drwill because: ps

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Once upon a time.... You are just making this up as you go along. Did the guy sneeze? Did he then brush up against the sneezes leavings? Did he then infect every surface between Liberia and Atlanta? Well did he? You seem to be the all seeing eye. Did that all happen or did you make up another freaking what if fairy tale?e reply to: Xeven

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Dude I responded to the post before you edited it. Sue me for knowing how to read. I was responding to when it still said 30K infected. Don't lie and claim you never said that.

e reply to: ParanoidAmerican

edit on AMu31u0883143312014-08-03T10:43:01-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AMu31u0883143312014-08-03T10:43:53-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

That post was edited yesterday...sorry your response was from today. Nice try though....don't try to twist what I said to fit your needs. I would address the rest of what you said but you deleted it.....Post in Question.....

Ah I remember.....I am confidant I know what airborne means....
"An airborne disease is any disease that is caused by pathogens and transmitted through the air. Such diseases include many that are of considerable importance both in human and veterinary medicine. The relevant pathogens may be viruses, bacteria, or fungi, and they may be spread through coughing, sneezing, raising of dust, spraying of liquids, or similar activities likely to generate aerosol particles or droplets. Strictly speaking airborne diseases do not include conditions caused simply by air pollution such as dusts and poisons, though their study and prevention may be related.
edit on 3-8-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I did indeed but you deliberatly took it out of context, please referre to what followed, here is the rest of the paragraph to prove you selectively took my words totally out of contextual form and twisted them to your own use, why I do not know but what is your problem.

if we were MACHINES but we are people so if we fell to doing that would our existance be worth saving, normal HUMANE quarantine and medical procedures should be followed and where our medicine failed the natural process of human immunology may mean some may survive with there antibody's providing a path to developing a vaccine or cure and this latter method already in place though not strictly adhered to by all government's is the only correct and viable solution.

I acually point out if We were machines not human's. but we are human's, I point out if we did that would we be worth saving.

And the whole paragraph grammatical error and all,

Now why should they not shoot a plane down where a potential pathogen is loose, Simple they may created an aeriel dispersal of the pathogen and actually cause it to spread faster, especially if it is over land so the only solution would be immediate quarantine and in the case of a truly incurable plague as horrible as it sounds the use of lethal and swift acting gas to make it as humane as possible followed by a high temperature sterilization of the carrier body's and the contaminated area may be the only SCIENTIFICALLY sound option if we were MACHINES but we are people so if we fell to doing that would our existance be worth saving, normal HUMANE quarantine and medical procedures should be followed and where our medicine failed the natural process of human immunology may mean some may survive with there antibody's providing a path to developing a vaccine or cure and this latter method already in place though not strictly adhered to by all government's is the only correct and viable solution.
edit on 3-8-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

So how did all these well trained professionals become infected? Oh and I'm not scared. Just using critical thinking in a discussion on the risks of bringing infectious disease into our country.

Relax and discuss. Oh and I'm not predicting doom. Not all hospitals and people are prepared as you may be.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Oh dear...

Ebola does not have to be airborne to be contagious.

No. Ebola is already contagious... Airborne is a path of transmission. Ebola is specialized in fluid transmission.

Sick patient sneezes in room. Patient puts suit on in room and it rubs against an area where parts of the sneeze landed.

I wrote to paragraphs explaining suit procedure in contamination cases before I realized something:

You said that the patient puts his suit on? Patients don't wear suits dude, it's the doctors who aren't contaminated. Patients lay in bed in agony with internal hemorrhages.

Why the f# would they need a suit? They are already contaminated...

Patient flies to Atlanta and suit rubs parts of aircraft, ambulance, ground.

Yes, he then jumps out of bed, takes his testicles out, smears them across a hospital door and starts yelling "HEY JOHN! Check this out!!! I'M EBOLING THIS DOOR HANDLE! AHAHAHAAH GET IT?! EBOLING!"...

The aircraft has an interior isolation chamber just for the patient. That chamber had a separate isolation that were where the doctors and staff were monitoring the patients, all wearing protection suits.

Above that, there was a bigger capsule with air filters and other technology preventing the virus from getting out. And then you have the whole air pressure systems that specific aircraft has. It doesn't have a door, it has a huge cut on it's side and it lifts up like a door, so all the equipment can be put in and taken out without contaminating anyone or having the risk of releasing the virus.

Ambulance driver touches area where suit left spit from previous sneeze.

Because "f#ck gloves and all that anti-viral detergent" he is supposed to used when sterilizing his equipment, right?!

It's not like he is trained to transport people with severe hemorrhages that could have anything contagious from Hepatitis C to HIV...

Diver goes to Mcdonalds and lays his hand on counter.

Of course, how did I not think of that?!

We all know that health-care workers spend their whole shifts and after-hours without washing their hands. Everyone knows that health-care workers don't know sh# about washing hands and sterilization!

Have you tried to wash your hands? It's hard man... All the water and soap, and you have 10 fingers, so you never know where to start cleaning. I hate it...

100's of people touch the counter and all go home to their kids.

Don't forget the nut-jobs that lick the damn counters! Or the casual stripper that decides to do a free show for everyone and starts dancing and rolling over that counter.

Kids go to school.

Damn kids! Always wanting to learn! There's a virus out there goddamit!

All spreading the disease they now have but not yet displaying symptoms.

aaah... Sometimes!

In the worst case scenario someone goes on for 20 days or so in incubation period. Most people don't have balls of steel and perfect immune systems, so they show symptoms right away.

21 Days later the Ambulance driver is dead. Millions of Americans now infected and going to die.

(shhh... 21 days is the incubation period at worst. that means you start to get sick after 21 days, not that you are dead after 21 days... shhhhhhh)

Except everyone knows who that Ambulance driver is, especially the handlers of contagious diseases, so they naturally have protocols of surveillance that check their workers for contamination before, during and after the interaction with sick people.

By your description all health-care workers are retards who eat hotdogs while using Ebola contaminated patients as tables and napkins.

I come on here and say I told you so.

I came on here to say you are wrong.

Hope and pray the above does not happen

Yes, that's exactly what you are praying for. That you don't get afflicted by it. F# everyone else right? Put them in cargo ships and send those f#ers to China.

but was it worth risking us all just for comfort of two individuals?

YES!

Bring those doctors home, and give them anything they need. ANYTHING.

About time we treat honorably people who do not think about them-selves but about the safety of others.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

So how did all these well trained professionals become infected?

They were working in a zone that didn't have nor followed the complete chain of procedures. They didn't get contaminated from their own mistakes, someone else made a mistake and they basically got screwed.

Someone did a mistake and they ended paying for it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I guess you missed the part where they put a suit on the patient when he walked in the hospital?

a reply to: VashKonnor

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Patient. In addition, as Druid42 pointed out in another thread, the alledged patient's suit did not appear to have an air pack on it.

They could have been treated there, without introducing an as-yet unknown virus to the Western hemisphere. They knew the risks and probably know the risks of bringing it back here but did it anyway. Why? You are taking a pretty emotional view here, and that's understandable. The reality is, this was not a wise decision but will benefit someone, but that would not be the good samaritans.
edit on 8/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
I guess you missed the part where they put a suit on the patient when he walked in the hospital?

Actually, I did.

I'm also surprised! That means they added a layer of safety.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

They could have been treated there, without introducing an as-yet unknown virus to the Western hemisphere.

There? In Africa? The whole reason why Ebola spreads because Hospitals don't have the correct equipment or staff?

They knew the risks and probably know the risks of bringing it back here but did it anyway. Why?

They are not bringing it back here. You people are so ignorant on VID's that you make these wild assumptions that viruses like Ebola are some sort of pandemic-like the crap you see in zombie movies.

It isn't! If you know the virus you know how to control it. It's when you don't know someone has been infected that the real danger appears. Stop spreading this BS idea "doctors brought it here".

If they would be left in Africa where nobody has an efficient health-care system, they would die.

You are taking a pretty emotional view here, and that's understandable.

Emotional? I'm making jokes out of someone's else fearful ignorance... I'm not emotional.

You are. You are scared. So scared in your bubble of ignorance that you would prefer to see two doctors die in Africa, than to bring them home and give them the best chances possible of survival.

The reality is, this was not a wise decision but will benefit someone

Who? Why? When?

You don't know. If you don't know, you are just making up crap.
edit on 3-8-2014 by VashKonnor because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join